Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

3 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Rangers seem to have a decent handle on being the smaller team and being precise when they need to.

They are a very good counter attacking side. Don't get the chance to do it too often here.

The games where they've slaughtered us have usually been games where we've set ourselves up to be quite attacking. This goes back to Pedro's time.

6 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

The postponement of ours and Aberdeens games had nothing to do with public health, it was a punishment and as such, it should be consistent.

Since then several teams have had to play matches where players have tested positive.

Not everything Rangers related needs a "but this happened to Celtic" caveat.

6 hours ago, G51 said:

I watched a little bit and I think this might be a decent matchup for us in terms of style. Boavista were able to hit them on the counter a fair bit. Also, if we can force them wide, Darwin Nunez probably isn't hurting us from crosses. He's a really good player but Goldson and Balogun/Helander should handle that okay I think.

I'm less worried about this than I was about Killie on Sunday or even Lech Poznan last week - partly because we're not expected to win.

How do you see us setting up our front 6 on  Thursday?  

5 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Just when you think Willy's made the biggest fool of himself in the last few days in steams 8mile to let us know that despite being completely unbothered about it he monitors who posts where on a multi team forum. I would suggest Follow Follow if you only want Rangers (and, let's be honest, Celtic) fans to respond to your threads.

That is generally a good post and the reason most of us have posted on here for years is exactly because it is a multi-team forum.  We also have, on this thread, some excellent 'diddy posters' who have been either genuinely insightful/critical of us or humorously disdainful of us - and they are to be welcomed.

What Miley objects to, and I agree with him, is that we've a small handful of posters on here who simply post utter dreck on a regular basis and show neither footballing insight nor wit.  A multi-team forum should never be used as an excuse to spam the arse out of a thread.

2 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Since then several teams have had to play matches where players have tested positive.

Not everything Rangers related needs a "but this happened to Celtic" caveat.

Spot on, Merkin.  It will go over the head of the poster you replied to, sadly.

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

I'm less worried about this than I was about Killie on Sunday or even Lech Poznan last week - partly because we're not expected to win.

How do you see us setting up our front 6 on  Thursday? 

I'm assuming it'll be the usual plan so I'd expect Kamara, Davis, Jack/Arfield (probably Jack, Arfield needs some time off), Kent, Morelos, Barker.

If we can get Vertonghen and Otamendi turned then that'll give us some real opportunities. They're good when the games in front of them but if we can get them facing their own goal then that should get us some joy. Hence why I think it's Barker and Kent and then probably Morelos, since we'll be wanting our striker to play on the shoulder.

3 minutes ago, G51 said:

I'm assuming it'll be the usual plan so I'd expect Kamara, Davis, Jack/Arfield (probably Jack, Arfield needs some time off), Kent, Morelos, Barker.

If we can get Vertonghen and Otamendi turned then that'll give us some real opportunities. They're good when the games in front of them but if we can get them facing their own goal then that should get us some joy. Hence why I think it's Barker and Kent and then probably Morelos, since we'll be wanting our striker to play on the shoulder.

Neither Davis (when he came on) nor Arfield had great games on Sunday but Killie at RP is a very tricky team for us to play against!  I also think we need more guile than Barker provides.  My pick (though it looks slow) would be:

Kamara
Jack
Arfield

Kent
Morelos
Roofe

4 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Neither Davis (when he came on) nor Arfield had great games on Sunday but Killie at RP is a very tricky team for us to play against!  I also think we need more guile than Barker provides.  My pick (though it looks slow) would be:

Kamara
Jack
Arfield

Kent
Morelos
Roofe

Yeah I could see that team. Every time Barker comes on in these games the idea never quite works - he provides the pace but rarely the end product. But Gerrard does love trying him in these games.

We do need to be a bit more careful in how we manage Davis as well. He's playing too many games at the moment. Zungu coming in will spell for him, but that's assuming Zungu is any good of course.

8 minutes ago, G51 said:

Yeah I could see that team. Every time Barker comes on in these games the idea never quite works - he provides the pace but rarely the end product. But Gerrard does love trying him in these games.

We do need to be a bit more careful in how we manage Davis as well. He's playing too many games at the moment. Zungu coming in will spell for him, but that's assuming Zungu is any good of course.

The gazillion Saffers joining our social media since Zungu signed can't be wrong, surely?  Fascinated to see the boy play.  Maybe vs Accies on Sunday?

3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

The gazillion Saffers joining our social media since Zungu signed can't be wrong, surely?  Fascinated to see the boy play.  Maybe vs Accies on Sunday?

Think Gerrard said he wont be match fit until after the international break. He's in the South Africa squad so might get a few games there. Could definitely see him get a half hour or so against the Accies though if we're comfortable.

43 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

That is generally a good post and the reason most of us have posted on here for years is exactly because it is a multi-team forum.  We also have, on this thread, some excellent 'diddy posters' who have been either genuinely insightful/critical of us or humorously disdainful of us - and they are to be welcomed.

What Miley objects to, and I agree with him, is that we've a small handful of posters on here who simply post utter dreck on a regular basis and show neither footballing insight nor wit.  A multi-team forum should never be used as an excuse to spam the arse out of a thread.

Meh, the point stands. People can post where they like and if folk feel people are spamming they can have a chat with the lovely and approachable moderation team. Thank you for your fair and balanced constructive criticism though ❤️

When did they breach them?

Have they been in contact with team mates since?

Compare that to the Aberdeen 8 and Bolingoli who all mingled with team mates after their breach.

I genuinely don’t know about the other teams players but the fines and suspensions for Aberdeen and Celtic weren’t because the offending parties mingled with teammates, it was because the clubs failed to control their players and ‘the players involved ignored the strict and comprehensive requirements set down by Scottish Football, by their clubs and by the Scottish Government’.

7 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

I genuinely don’t know about the other teams players but the fines and suspensions for Aberdeen and Celtic weren’t because the offending parties mingled with teammates, it was because the clubs failed to control their players and ‘the players involved ignored the strict and comprehensive requirements set down by Scottish Football, by their clubs and by the Scottish Government’.

Bolingoli not only mingled with teammates at training, he played against another team for goodness sake. Just because they’re Rangers players then the punishment has to be the same to keep everything fair in your eyes? There is absolutely no comparison between the Aberdeen/Celtic players and two Rangers tossers. I would expect the SPFL to take action against the two players, but no action whatever against Rangers.

Bolingoli not only mingled with teammates at training, he played against another team for goodness sake. Just because they’re Rangers players then the punishment has to be the same to keep everything fair in your eyes? There is absolutely no comparison between the Aberdeen/Celtic players and two Rangers tossers. I would expect the SPFL to take action against the two players, but no action whatever against Rangers.

The fines handed out weren’t because they mingled with teammates and played in a game. The fact they did that is irrelevant, there are strict rules for players put down by the SPFL, the clubs and the Scot govt, the rules were broken by the rangers players.

Just now, Drew Brees said:

The fines handed out weren’t because they mingled with teammates and played in a game. The fact they did that is irrelevant, there are strict rules for players put down by the SPFL, the clubs and the Scot govt, the rules were broken by the rangers players.

The Aberdeen players and the Celtic players returned to work and didn't tell anyone what had happened until they were rumbled.

Rangers had suspended their two players before the players had returned to training. 

The incidents are world's apart.

The Aberdeen players and the Celtic players returned to work and didn't tell anyone what had happened until they were rumbled.
Rangers had suspended their two players before the players had returned to training. 

And if the fines etc were for that reason then you’d be correct, but they weren’t.

21 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I think that Drew has been receiving guidance from Willy as to how to continue to argue that black is white, as my mother would have said.

Edited by kingjoey