Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

1 minute ago, AJF said:

You may not realise now @IrishBhoy, but no matter how much you bang this drum, you are the only person that has come out of this whole episode looking foolish.

How will I ever recover from this. I feel so foolish now that you have pointed it out, thanks for doing so. 

As a guy who comes across as a sensible Rangers supporter who I assume attends matches at Ibrox, do you care to question any of the points I made. Was I so unlucky to experience the only sectarianism that has occurred inside Ibrox on my first ever visit. As much as I wasn’t being entirely serious througout, what I said about Sevilla game happened, and I do believe some Rangers fans turn the other way when they see and hear some of the stuff that goes on. I’m not expecting you to rip up your season book, more try and shout these people down. Although going by my experience if a Rangers fan was to pull a fellow supporter up for sectarian singing inside Ibrox, there would be more fans on the side of the guy singing than the guy doing the pulling up. 

7 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

the majority of Rangers fans don’t have a lot of money and come from the poorest and most impoverished parts of our society. Every day that a direct debit comes off their account is a struggle for them, and paying a Sky Sports subscription (or in most cases a NowTV pass, because as I said, they don’t have a lot of money), eats in to a large chunk of their income.

...would have been able to watch the games from the comfort of their own living room, albeit in amongst an array of chippy wrappers and half eaten munchy boxes, because as I said, they don’t have a lot of money. 

In my experience, there is a direct correlation between Scottish football fans who don’t support one of the old firm, and people who have a large amount of disposable income. This allows fans of non-OF teams to be able to purchase streams legally without having to worry about putting themselves in to a tough financial situation. So to have Rangers fans shouting about not giving money to other clubs for their streaming service when they are getting the majority of their away games shown on Sky is a bit galling, although not unexpected from a fan base with such a low level of education, and as I previously said, very little money. 

7 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

I can genuinely say that being in amongst that level of poverty, witnessing it up close, was a humbling experience. I’ve got good friends that are Rangers season ticket holders, and after my experience at Ibrox I always ask them how they can be comfortable being associated with the sort of jakeballs that they sit amongst every week.

4 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

That is an excellent gif, one which really encapsulates the feelings a sensible Rangers fan will go through when he realises his seat in the Govan Rear is surrounded by people that live in council houses, and go to the pie stall at half time to try and buy a pie and bovril with a bag of 12 millimetre washers. 

3 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

Are people who own their own house middle class to you? That’s Rangers fans for you. 

3 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

I don’t support Celtic and I am working class myself.

To be genuine for a minute, and this isn’t a dig aimed at any Rangers fan on here as I am aware that there is many normal and sensible Rangers fans out there and all supports have their share of daftys among them, but I truly believe they must turn up at Ibrox and block out some of the unsavoury stuff that they have undoubtedly seen and heard.

A selection of quotes that really highlights how out of touch you are with the social class that you claim to be a part of.

You have went on to say you’ve endured years of Rangers fans ‘lording’ their success over you as if it reflects on the type of person they are. That is purely anecdotal, but you have left no doubt for everyone to see the kind of condescending person you are.

I think you’ve then tried to backtrack a bit with the whole “this isn’t aimed at anyone on here” and “there are many normal and sensible Rangers fans” which shows how weak your conviction is that you’re trying to appease folk on here after realising what a c*nt you’ve made of yourself.

So, forgive me for not giving a single f**k about your opinion. I’d rather sit next to someone at the football who has “struggled” to pay for their ticket than someone who will sit there judging their fellow working class for 90 minutes.

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

A selection of quotes that really highlights how out of touch you are with the social class that you claim to be a part of.

You have went on to say you’ve endured years of Rangers fans ‘lording’ their success over you as if it reflects on the type of person they are. That is purely anecdotal, but you have left no doubt for everyone to see the kind of condescending person you are.

I think you’ve then tried to backtrack a bit with the whole “this isn’t aimed at anyone on here” and “there are many normal and sensible Rangers fans” which shows how weak your conviction is that you’re trying to appease folk on here after realising what a c*nt you’ve made of yourself.

So, forgive me for not giving a single f**k about your opinion. I’d rather sit next to someone at the football who has “struggled” to pay for their ticket than someone who will sit there judging their fellow working class for 90 minutes.

Wow :lol: thanks for psychoanalysing my character through text on a screen, that’s a great talent you have. 

So my claims of OF fans acting like dicks is ‘anecdotal’, but my story of Rangers fans throwing cups of juice into pensioners faces for having the audacity to cheer their teams goal, and fans standing up shouting ‘f**k the Pope’ and having numerous other fans join in, doesn’t deserve your attention. That’s fine, if you think that sort of behaviour is normal in a Scottish football stadium in 2021 fire in. Next time you are able to attend Ibrox have a look around you, have a listen to the language they use and the views they hold. I’ve been at 3 games and seen and heard stuff that, imo, doesn’t belong in a football stadium, I find it hard to believe someone who regularly attends Ibrox hasn’t seen and heard worse. I couldn’t give one single f**k about appeasing people on here, that wasn’t my intention at all with those comments. I don’t know anyone on here personally.  However half of my family support Rangers, 3/4 of my group of friends support Rangers, they are sensible people on the most part, they still don’t mind singing sectarian songs or getting involved in stuff about Ulster or King Billy or whatever nonsense went on 300 years ago. I wonder what the common denominator is there? Just a coincidence they all support Rangers. 

Absolutely nothing you've said to justify your pathetic comments actually justifies them in the slightest. Instead of just going for Rangers fans, you decided to insult those who rely on benefits as well, and actually used it as probably the main part of your own trolling exercise, especially at a time when unemployment is at a pretty bad point. Stop trying to justify it because you can't.

1 minute ago, IrishBhoy said:

Wow :lol: thanks for psychoanalysing my character through text on a screen, that’s a great talent you have. 

So my claims of OF fans acting like dicks is ‘anecdotal’, but my story of Rangers fans throwing cups of juice into pensioners faces for having the audacity to cheer their teams goal, and fans standing up shouting ‘f**k the Pope’ and having numerous other fans join in, doesn’t deserve your attention. That’s fine, if you think that sort of behaviour is normal in a Scottish football stadium in 2021 fire in. Next time you are able to attend Ibrox have a look around you, have a listen to the language they use and the views they hold. I’ve been at 3 games and seen and heard stuff that, imo, doesn’t belong in a football stadium, I find it hard to believe someone who regularly attends Ibrox hasn’t seen and heard worse. I couldn’t give one single f**k about appeasing people on here, that wasn’t my intention at all with those comments. I don’t know anyone on here personally.  However half of my family support Rangers, 3/4 of my group of friends support Rangers, they are sensible people on the most part, they still don’t mind singing sectarian songs or getting involved in stuff about Ulster or King Billy or whatever nonsense went on 300 years ago. I wonder what the common denominator is there? Just a coincidence they all support Rangers. 

1vnyv8.jpg

Anyone who classes what Rangers sing as being terrible yet fail to mention what Celtic sing is clearly of the Celtic persuasion. Both clubs have idiot fans as well as normal well rounded fans who are sickened by bigotry. I don’t get why Celtic get a free pass whilst rangers are dragged over hot coals for it.  To highlight one clubs failings but fail to mention the other's is just blind

2 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Anyone who classes what Rangers sing as being terrible yet fail to mention what Celtic sing is clearly of the Celtic persuasion. Both clubs have idiot fans as well as normal well rounded fans who are sickened by bigotry. I don’t get why Celtic get a free pass whilst rangers are dragged over hot coals for it.  To highlight one clubs failings but fail to mention the other's is just blind

This is the Rangers thread. Celtic fans behave and sing sectarian songs on the same level as Rangers, I don’t distinguish between the two sets of fans. Scottish Celtic fans singing their ‘rebel’ songs is just as pitiful as Rangers and their loyalist songs. Unfortunately it seems destined to continue for as long as any of us live as the majority of OF fans dont see any problem with it. 

31 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

You call it psychoanalysing, I call it saying how I see it. If you don’t believe your views came across as condescending, judgemental and out of touch, then I’m genuinely surprised.

I was responding to your original claims of poverty stricken Rangers fans. You then went on to add the sectarianism element in afterwards which was nothing to do with your original point (which was about the club not promoting PPV of other clubs).

The sectarianism debate has been covered extensively before, but to humour you, here we go.

I have not and will never deny that there is an element of the Rangers support that engage in sectarian behaviour. Regarding your experience at Ibrox, I’ve never once said that this is normal behaviour.

However, I generally decided not to respond to it as you simply added it to act as a smokescreen and divert attention from your original point about Rangers not promoting PPV of other clubs and your elitist and condescending views on fans less well-off than yourself.

Edited by AJF

24 minutes ago, Andre Drazen said:

Absolutely nothing you've said to justify your pathetic comments actually justifies them in the slightest. Instead of just going for Rangers fans, you decided to insult those who rely on benefits as well, and actually used it as probably the main part of your own trolling exercise, especially at a time when unemployment is at a pretty bad point. Stop trying to justify it because you can't.

This is absolutely spot on. He has some shocking views regarding struggling, working-class members of society and is now trying to deflect from this with the old sectarianism trump card.

14 hours ago, AJF said:

This is absolutely spot on. He has some shocking views regarding struggling, working-class members of society and is now trying to deflect from this with the old sectarianism trump card.

‘struggling working class members of society’. Is that a fancy way of saying have very little money? 

Anyway, to steer the conversation away from classism, we appear to have legitimate interest in Kyle Joseph. Bosman from Wigan in the summer. 19yo Scotland U21 striker, Spurs were interested in the summer but had a bid rejected. 4 goals in 11 games this season. Know nothing about him.

Edited by G51

22 points clear despite a bout of the hiccoughs is pretty decent.   Our remaining league games in January:

17th Motherwell (A)
23rd Ross County (H)
27th Hibs (A)

'Their' remaining league games in January:

11th Hibs (H)
16th Livi (H)
20th Livi (A)
27th Accies (H)

No predictions but 7 points from our next three matches would stand us in good stead.

Edited by The_Kincardine

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

22 points clear despite a bout of the hiccoughs is pretty decent.   Our remaining league games in January:

17th Motherwell (A)
23rd Ross County (H)
27th Hibs (A)

'Their' remaining league games in January:

11th Hibs (H)
16th Livi (H)
20th Livi (A)
27th Accies (H)

No predictions but 7 points from our next three matches would stand us in good stead.

Yeah, I think I said a month ago that I reckoned we needed to win at least 5 of our remaining 10 away games, assuming our home form holds up.

Since then we've gone 3/3. If we can make it 4/4 against Motherwell, then it's getting late early for Celtic. Plus, talk about getting a team at the wrong time - Livi are probably the one team in the country you don't want to face right now, and they've got them twice in four days.