Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

41 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I know he's not a Celtic employee but Lennon should really do the sporting thing and return for the guard of honour.

Since we couldn't get the red arrows,  he could always fill in there and do a display.....

JS151609763.jpg

1 hour ago, G51 said:

I can't speak for everyone but I'm honestly not bothered about an unbeaten season. If we get to the last few games and it's still a goer then maybe, but I'd rather spend the time giving our players in the Euros an extended break and give Patterson, Wright, Simpson, Bassey and Leon King games.

I'd even like to commit some minor heresy and suggest experimenting with Tavernier as an 8 and Patterson as a right back.

I don't care about any of the records really. All about getting us far as we can in Europe and then second priority is the Scottish Cup. 

The only one I do want is the clean sheets record just because it would be a bit of an embarrassment if we didn't get it now. Only one more off matching the record.

Edited by DMCs

17 hours ago, G51 said:

i think celtic should offer to carry out the guard of honour as penance for the arrogance of singing about ten in a row since 2012.

Being a bit picky here but I doubt they were singing about 10 in a row after winning 1. 

5 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Being a bit picky here but I doubt they were singing about 10 in a row after winning 1. 

I feel a bit dirty but it piqued my interest enough to have to go  check this. Having had a quick Google it throws up this 2013 article at the top of the search: 

http://celticunderground.net/oh-no-not-10-in-a-row-2/

it seems there was indeed an early groundswell of singing about 10IAR which, interestingly, the author seemed fairly equivocal about, preferring instead the CL as his benchmark of success. 

1 hour ago, Drew Brees said:

Yes they were, with Sevco out of the way it was a mere formality. 

3 hours ago, bennett said:

Yes they were, with Sevco out of the way it was a mere formality. 

It should have been, if Celtic were run properly and set their ambitions a little loftier than just coming 1st in the Celtic v Rangers pissing contest we could have been well out of sight.

However we aren’t and what it has done has shone a light on the arrogance of those in charge of the club when they should have been putting light years between us and Rangers when the opportunity was there.

Edited by Jinky67

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

It should have been, if Celtic were run properly and set their ambitions a little loftier than just coming 1st in the Celtic v Rangers pissing contest we could have been well out of sight.

However we aren’t and what it has done has shone a light on the arrogance of those in charge of the club when they should have been putting light years between us and Rangers when the opportunity was there.

I agree somewhat, however I also believe despite the capitulation of Celtic, it would’ve taken a massive effort to topple Rangers this season given how consistent we’ve been. The numbers we are hitting right now is ridiculously good.

3 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

I stand corrected, thanks guys. 

Being a bit older than some on here I recall listening Rangers fans I knew during their 9 in a row run.

I don't know if fans singing about but the ones I knew were going on about doing 10 in a row after 2 or 3 seasons of the run due to how poor Celtic were at the time..

Most Rangers fans seemed to think it was going to be a formality akin to Celtic fans during this era.

Indeed I rema Sunday Mail article after 6 with Richard Gough saying their 6 was better than Celtic's 9 as Celtic played nobody.

This despite Rangers having a team capable of reaching 2 European finals during the run.

Football fans are arrogant it's what we do.

1 hour ago, WilliamBragg said:

Being a bit older than some on here I recall listening Rangers fans I knew during their 9 in a row run.

I don't know if fans singing about but the ones I knew were going on about doing 10 in a row after 2 or 3 seasons of the run due to how poor Celtic were at the time..

Most Rangers fans seemed to think it was going to be a formality akin to Celtic fans during this era.

Indeed I rema Sunday Mail article after 6 with Richard Gough saying their 6 was better than Celtic's 9 as Celtic played nobody.

This despite Rangers having a team capable of reaching 2 European finals during the run.

Football fans are arrogant it's what we do.

Considering we got taken to the last day of 3 in a row by Aberdeen - who were our main challengers in the early 9 in a row years - I doubt anyone was thinking 9 or ten was a foregone conclusion after 2 or 3 regardless of how pish Celtic were in the early 90s. 

after 6 was probably when Rangers fans started to get confident