Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

6 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

The Rangers clownshoe circus continues, with a bunch of fans reporting the club sold seats twice for the game last night so hundreds didn't get in despite paying.

Learned that trick from Elgin City...

Their time in the lower leagues wasn't completely wasted.

ETA: @Melanius Mullarkey  See the source image

Edited by Jacksgranda

38 minutes ago, DMCs said:

Celtic fans certainly getting cocky now. Let's just see.

It's mental, they've just been papped out of the same tourny by a mob we pumped a few years back and they've beaten potentially the worst team in the league at home considerably and suddenly big Ange is the man and we are apparantly done for. In a way I get that it's just blind optimism. In their heart of hearts they'll know they've got a few more years of suffering so they need to have something positive to hope for. A bit like us under Warbuton and saying he would win the league...

52 minutes ago, SANTAN said:

It's mental, they've just been papped out of the same tourny by a mob we pumped a few years back and they've beaten potentially the worst team in the league at home considerably and suddenly big Ange is the man and we are apparantly done for. In a way I get that it's just blind optimism. In their heart of hearts they'll know they've got a few more years of suffering so they need to have something positive to hope for. A bit like us under Warbuton and saying he would win the league...

they have got a little bit of cause for optimism in fairness; just about anyone they appointed after Neil Lennon would be an improvement, and yon Funuhashi bagging an early hattrick when they've had Edouard going through the motions for months now might mean they don't have to rely on i) someone that blatantly wants out or ii) a bit of a Tedi to be their primary goalscorer.

5 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

they have got a little bit of cause for optimism in fairness; just about anyone they appointed after Neil Lennon would be an improvement, and yon Funuhashi bagging an early hattrick when they've had Edouard going through the motions for months now might mean they don't have to rely on i) someone that blatantly wants out or ii) a bit of a Tedi to be their primary goalscorer.

Sure, there's optimism and then misplaced confidence though. 

The new player looks interesting, I think he'll struggle against some of the more athletic teams though. Hard to judge against Dundee at home, will he lead the line as the striker or does he generally play off a striker or what? 

I would guess it's more to do with fact that at the tail end of last season Rangers were light years ahead, then Celtic had a comedy summer with their manager and started their season with a bunch of kids and guys who dont want to be there as a result, looking absolutely dire. They knew they were shite.

For most, including neutrals, before a ball was kicked Rangers were going to romp the league again and had probably the easiest path to CL riches they could have asked for.

As Celtic have been slowly improving their situation, Rangers, who thought they were brilliant, have been quickly nuking their own to the point where after this week there genuinely doesn't seem much between the sides again and with the CL off the table Rangers likely need to sell their crown jewels and weaken themselves further, by their own admission.

I suspect Celtic fans are pretty delighted by that, given where they thought they were in relation to Rangers.

Quite understandable from a neutral perspective.