Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

11 hours ago, RuMoore said:

I know I've done the meme on him a few times but is Jinky actually Charlie Nicholson, he's like a dysfunctional AI system trying to have banter but doesn't quite understand what it actually is. 

Is "Charlie Nicholson" a noted wit?

3 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

I didn’t realise things had been quite as bad as 19 managers in 11 years.

Holy f**k why would anyone (other than for compensation) take that job.

To get their overall managerial win ratio up? He's guaranteed to win 75% of all domestic games. As is any Rangers or Celtic manager. 

Just now, TheScarf said:

To get their overall managerial win ratio up? He's guaranteed to win 75% of all domestic games. As is any Rangers or Celtic manager. 

It wasn’t a serious question I was more just poking fun at the fact that the oldco died.

Thanks for the reply though.

23 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

It wasn’t a serious question I was more just poking fun at the fact that the oldco died.

Thanks for the reply though.

Imagine knowing that’s the truth for the rest of your life, but having to pretend it’s not true with bravado like ‘55’. Deep down the majority know it’s the truth, but there are a few so brainwashed they genuinely think it’s the same club. 

29 minutes ago, bennett said:

Whatever happens,  he needs time. We can't be searching for another new manager in 6 months time and another team rebuild.

When Robinson came to us , I was all for it considering his previous record up here. I admit that after a few weeks I was calling for his head , we were suffering defeat after defeat and were starting to flirt with the relegation places , several others were calling for him to be sacked as well. He kept saying ," judge me on my signings , these are not my players". So we stuck with him and we are now , both last and this season , a club operating at the top end of the league for the first time in decades , so I was wrong.  There are some RFC fans , like yourself , who would probably cut Clement some slack and let him build something , but the mob will make sure he doesn't get that time if things aren't going well, even later this season.

2 minutes ago, billyg said:

When Robinson came to us , I was all for it considering his previous record up here. I admit that after a few weeks I was calling for his head , we were suffering defeat after defeat and were starting to flirt with the relegation places , several others were calling for him to be sacked as well. He kept saying ," judge me on my signings , these are not my players". So we stuck with him and we are now , both last and this season , a club operating at the top end of the league for the first time in decades , so I was wrong.  There are some RFC fans , like yourself , who would probably cut Clement some slack and let him build something , but the mob will make sure he doesn't get that time if things aren't going well, even later this season.

Gerrard got time to build a team but winning the league and then making it to a European cup final the following year has raised expectations amongst a lot of the fans.  

He definitely needs a few seasons as we're not going to get instant success.