Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

2 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

Which means earning money and making profits legitimately first. It would require a long term financial plan that will eventually bring sustained success, not a plan to stop another team winning 10 in a row.

They should be concentrating on that and things like their youth set up before going out and spending money they don't have on a bunch of foreign nobodies and making pointless rules that will get them nowhere.

You gotta put on a good product on the pitch to make profit. Good point about investing in youth set up though.

Surely they can do both?

5 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

Which means earning money and making profits legitimately first. It would require a long term financial plan that will eventually bring sustained success, not a plan to stop another team winning 10 in a row.

They should be concentrating on that and things like their youth set up before going out and spending money they don't have on a bunch of foreign nobodies and making pointless rules that will get them nowhere.

It's all about the hubris for us sevconians.

2 minutes ago, thekorean said:

You gotta put on a good product on the pitch to make profit. Good point about investing in youth set up though.

Surely they can do both?

Not sure Hertz fans would agree there. Nonetheless, surely Rangers with all that Season ticket money and now merchandising can make a profit?

Just now, Kneetrembler said:

Not sure Hertz fans would agree there. Nonetheless, surely Rangers with all that Season ticket money and now merchandising can make a profit?

I should hope so. Who knows, only Dave King would know.

Just now, thekorean said:

I should hope so. Who knows, only Dave King would know.

Aye, but the accounts must be published. Rangers fans ploughing in their money must surely be determined not to allow history to repeat itself by insisting on sustainable spending levels?

Surely they can do both?

Well no they can't do both because they are clearly making unsustainable losses using this approach. Continuing like this will result in death.

Genuinely, Rangers could cut their wage bill by 50% or more, buy players who could finish top 3 or 4 for a few years while making profits and producing youth. Then they can work towards building a side capable of winning the league. We had to do it during the 90s when we fucked ourselves. We had 7 seasons outside the top 2 and had the biscuit tin mentality. We just had to suck it up and take our medicine. The reason we are miles ahead now is the plans that we put in place and followed during that period.

Just now, Kneetrembler said:

Are Rangers operating at a loss? I'm nae being funny, have they published accounts that are showing them in the red?

I would like to know this as well.

Good thing about having a NEW CLUB is that they can just reform again after liquidation. :lol:

Edited by thekorean

Are Rangers operating at a loss? I'm nae being funny, have they published accounts that are showing them in the red?

Yes they are. As at June 2016 they had accumulated £18.5m in losses over 4 years. The 2017 accounts won't be published for about another 6 months but I believe they will show another couple of million loss based on their interim results. They also required further loans from directors during last season to make sure they could get through the season.

5 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

Yes they are. As at June 2016 they had accumulated £18.5m in losses over 4 years. The 2017 accounts won't be published for about another 6 months but I believe they will show another couple of million loss based on their interim results. They also required further loans from directors during last season to make sure they could get through the season.

Alright, so Rangers are operating only because they are being furnished with soft loans from individuals. If this support is withdrawn, they will go into administration as they would be unable to meet commitments?

They are clearing out last seasons squad and bringing in new players, both of which will be costly. Presumably a higher "budget" so increased costs.

Are Rangers fans OK with this? I am genuinely amazed this is allowed to happen by tens of thousands of football fans who care about their club.

Quick summary of this evening.  The grey and green dross have working knowledge of:

• Every lyric in our songbook - including add-ons
  • Our boot policy
  • Our P&L inc cash-flow
  • The menus in the so-called 'executive boxes'

Now if anyone wants to call them demented obsessives I'd be angry.  They only take a passing interest...

2 minutes ago, Kneetrembler said:

Alright, so Rangers are operating only because they are being furnished with soft loans from individuals. If this support is withdrawn, they will go into administration as they would be unable to meet commitments?

They are clearing out last seasons squad and bringing in new players, both of which will be costly. Presumably a higher "budget" so increased costs.

Are Rangers fans OK with this? I am genuinely amazed this is allowed to happen by tens of thousands of football fans who care about their club.

It's all about Celtic, unfortunately for Rangers.

Quick summary of this evening.  The grey and green dross have working knowledge of:
  • Every lyric in our songbook - including add-ons
  • Our boot policy
  • Our P&L inc cash-flow
  • The menus in the so-called 'executive boxes'
Now if anyone wants to call them demented obsessives I'd be angry.  They only take a passing interest...

Kincy, I have the same knowledge of all the other clubs finances in the Scottish Premiership. You can laugh it off as obsessed all you want but it won't change the fact that your club are obsessed with Celtic and it will be there undoing. Are you not worried about the future? Have you been brainwashed like the rest of your support?

2 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

Kincy, I have the same knowledge of all the other clubs finances in the Scottish Premiership. 

Right.  Give me a quick summary of Partick Thistle's balance sheet.  You have 2 minutes to do so.  The clock's ticking...

Edited by The_Kincardine

e4f62b0ce59bb33e0f019b3edcd4940b.jpg

In a nutshell

23 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:
Right.  Give me a quick summary of Partick Thistle's balance sheet.  You have 2 minutes to do so.  The clock's ticking...

Why Thistle? Lol

Fair enough, at June 2016 thistle have fixed assets of around £5.5m. Current assets of £0.8m which is mainly cash of 300k and debtors due within one year of around 500k. Current liabilities are 830k. They have net current liabilities of around 30k.

In 2016 they made a profit of 200k, turnover was 3.2m and expenses 3.0m. Staff costs make up most of their expenses at just under £2m.

What else you want to know?

Edited by Tartantony