Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

The Celtic fans thought you did.  Tumbleweed at The Piggery.

That's because thousands of them are as thick as thousands of your mob. I will hazard a guess that the vast majority have no idea of the differences in our Balance Sheet between 2012 and 2016. Celtic seen an opportunity to clear debt and improve the infrastructure of the club while not risking domestic dominance. That's not placing the club on hold, that's being sensible and ensuring the club can survive long term as well as ensuring a good shout at future success on the pitch.

33 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Wouldn't have been my choice of words but King was simply getting in line with the Celtic fans. You put your team on hold while we were away, sleep-walked your way to a few league wins, shat the bed in various cups and were abject in Europe.  'That' semi-final made you wake up.  This is incontrovertible.

But you can't really call it 2IAR either can you? There was a 5 year gap wasn't there? You can't simply say that the 2 titles were consecutive just because The Rangers got promoted and all is resumed. It's King actively and deviously manipulating the fans. You can't have 1 IAR so it's game on if you want a real contest between the two clubs.

Not saying this is going to happen but if it does happen that Celtic do manage 10 titles in a row The Rangers fans are going to look right fucking stupid if they parrot out "But it's no really 10 IAR is it, 5 of them were won withoot Rangers in it". I'm sorry but this is so laughable that in order to make themselves feel better they will discount the 5 titles won because Rangers went tits up.

This is the mentality of your fans that if Celtic went tits up in 94 they sure as hell wouldn't dismiss any titles won because Celtic didn't exist any more. I can't see your fans saying these titles mean nothing without winning them against Celtic, more like celebrate because Celtic went bust trying to compete with Rangers. It's a moot point if at best.

Edited by hellbhoy
awww fucknuggets

32 minutes ago, thekorean said:

Maybe if you stopped spamming and at least put some half decent productive posts in here, he won't insult you.

All your activities has been in Rangers related threads. Speaks volume.

Chimps? :1eye

11 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

The Celtic fans thought you did.  Tumbleweed at The Piggery.

The trophy cabinet has been empty for the past 5 years as anything Celtic won means the sum of f**k aw noo if we are going by your new philosophy. So now I can blame your club for robbing my club of what I thought was 5 contested titles in a 12 club top league campaign. Aberdeen's valiant efforts since Rangers died have now been dismissed as keeping the seat warm so to speak until your club got promoted. I can now firmly blame your club for HOLDING back Celtic because your club fucked up at the first time of asking in the Chumpionship.

See how words can be twisted? much like you at times on here after a few too many.

4 hours ago, Tartantony said:

I think you should be aiming that question towards your own fans.

I know that you wont understand it but here is a wee secret for you. Football finances are pretty important when it comes to the football clubs we all support.

I think he's been aiming that comment more at Hellbhoy.

Have you seen his last 1000000 posts?

Interesting few pages.

Find it intriguing how the route usually goes - "Diddy" fan says Rangers fans done nothing to stop Rangers dying, Rangers fans claim it was too late as the money owed was too high.

Now it's being pointed out that they've moved down the same path, and now is the time to do something about it, they completely blank it.

Hard to understand why they all seem so oblivious to the fact that they have the chance to save this incarnation from exactly the same fact, but they have to actually act this time. It's fairly clear, and yet, here they are, preferring to insult folk instead.

Interesting few pages.

Find it intriguing how the route usually goes - "Diddy" fan says Rangers fans done nothing to stop Rangers dying, Rangers fans claim it was too late as the money owed was too high.

Now it's being pointed out that they've moved down the same path, and now is the time to do something about it, they completely blank it.

Hard to understand why they all seem so oblivious to the fact that they have the chance to save this incarnation from exactly the same fact, but they have to actually act this time. It's fairly clear, and yet, here they are, preferring to insult folk instead.

Sssh! Ffs RG.

Everything is fine bears, in fact I'd say you're being short changed as a support, you deserve better ;)

8 hours ago, Tartantony said:

Abject in Europe?

The first season you were away, we made the last 16 of the CL, beating Barca on the way. Second season, we made the CL and got horsed in a Group with Barca, Milan and Ajax (no shame in that). 3rd season we made the L32 of the EL losing narrowly to Inter Milan. 4th season we utter shite so ill give you that. Our record while you were on your journey was no worse than most 4 year periods while the original Rangers existed.

Our board made a sensible decision to not spend a lot of money chasing the CL. We didn't put ourselves on hold at all, we allowed ourselves to save money, improve our balance sheet and eradicate debt knowing we had enough to win the league comfortably. Quite simply it was far too big a risk to spend a lot of money to chase the CL when there was no guarantee of making any impact.

Those 4 years have now allowed us to employ a really good manager and increase the wage budget to attract players of the quality that will give us a chance in the CL.

Your first season still consisted of a squad built up with the sole aim of challenging and being on top of  a similarly strong rangers side from the previous few seasons . The following 4 years you regressed quite quickly . Probably trough a mixture of saving money and stagnating a bit due to lack of a serious challenge 

Your first season still consisted of a squad built up with the sole aim of challenging and being on top of  a similarly strong rangers side from the previous few seasons . The following 4 years you regressed quite quickly . Probably trough a mixture of saving money and stagnating a bit due to lack of a serious challenge 

I disagree. Aberdeen mounted a somewhat presentable challenge at various points throughout the season.

Interesting few pages.

***s gonna ***...

Thank Christ the serious challenge returned last season