Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

So, I'm assuming that it's already been pointed out that the much-improved Rangers have taken half the number of points from their four games that they took from the corresponding fixtures last year?
2017-18: Won first visit to Fir Park, won first visit to Pittodrie, won first home game with Ross C (swapped for St Mirren), drew first visit to Celtic Park. - 10 points.
2018-19: Draw at Aberdeen, beat St Mirren at home, draw at Motherwell, lose at Celtic. - 5 points.

According to Richard Gordon on Sportsound yesterday, it’s the worst start to a season by any club playing out of Ibrox in the last 30 years.

“Let’s go......”[emoji149][emoji149]

So, I'm assuming that it's already been pointed out that the much-improved Rangers have taken half the number of points from their four games that they took from the corresponding fixtures last year?
2017-18: Won first visit to Fir Park, won first visit to Pittodrie, won first home game with Ross C (swapped for St Mirren), drew first visit to Celtic Park. - 10 points.
2018-19: Draw at Aberdeen, beat St Mirren at home, draw at Motherwell, lose at Celtic. - 5 points.

IMG_0462.jpg

9 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

According to Richard Gordon on Sportsound yesterday, it’s the worst start to a season by any club playing out of Ibrox in the last 30 years.

“Let’s go......”emoji149.pngemoji149.png

Since 1989.  A season which we won the league.  It's almost like meaningless stats are meaningless.

Just now, Florentine_Pogen said:

Don’t get your point here KB. I took RG’s comment as a contextual corollary to the “Gerrard Revolution “ agitprop that Jabba is selling the mouthbreathers atm.

If you're suggesting that this current team isn't far better than this time last season, then that's wrong.  We've dropped points so far this season that we shouldn't have, but i'm confident that won't be happening once the team have been together a bit longer.

Pedro and Murty's teams would have come away from those games at Pittodrie and Fir Park with nothing.

If you're suggesting that this current team isn't far better than this time last season, then that's wrong.  We've dropped points so far this season that we shouldn't have, but i'm confident that won't be happening once the team have been together a bit longer.
Pedro and Murty's teams would have come away from those games at Pittodrie and Fir Park with nothing.

As usual, it’s opinions. RG mentioned “worst start to the season”.....we’re only 4 games in......you expect better results over a longer period.....a natural reaction.
Hibs are in a similar situation......pretty mundane start but things have to pick up.......

Just now, Florentine_Pogen said:

As usual, it’s opinions. RG mentioned “worst start to the season”.....we’re only 4 games in......you expect better results over a longer period.....a natural reaction.
Hibs are in a similar situation......pretty mundane start but things have to pick up.......

Yeah, the "worst start" thing is arbitrary.  Is 4 games the official marker? 

4 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Since 1989.  A season which we won the league.  It's almost like meaningless stats are meaningless.

How much money was that Rangers side worth in comparison to their competitors?

It's almost like comparisons where Rangers had much greater resources than all their competitors are meaningless.

Was the allocation sold out? I saw a picture on twitter showing it about half full but not sure if it was genuine.

No idea, I wasn’t there yesterday, but there definitely looked to be some empty seats in our section? Usually get one for CP, but no chance with the reduced allocation.

6 hours ago, JTS98 said:

Progress....

Agreed, yesterday was hard to watch, but most Rangers fans see an improvement so far on what we were served up with last year. The P&B following might see it differently, but it matters little. Follow Follow

Funny to see the difference in coverage of Rangers once you get out of the Scottish media bubble.

First we had the English ref talking about McGregor and the penalty, then today I was listening to the Totally Football Show and heard the English pundit who had watched the game express his surprise at how rubbish Rangers were after the all hype, he actually called their performance embarrassing. This is not a Talksport shock-jock kind of production.

The Emperor has no clothes.