Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

8 minutes ago, Squirt said:

Now there's a loaded question....

Without getting into a debate regarding club and company I will say only that if a company that controls and more importantly finances any organisation, whether it be a sports club or say a charity, runs into contractual problems which in turn leads to financial problems, this will undoubtedly have a knock on effect towards the organisations that they oversee.

I'm not sure where the difficulty lies within that logic but I am always pleased to be corrected in order to further my own understanding. Like I said in my post I have a limited understanding of the situation. 

😉

In the event of financial problems I would simply create a new holding company and move all the assets across to the new company.

16 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Squirts,
Dindy is just being an agent provocateur to entice Vicky to have a headsgone moment. Don’t become embroiled.......
Dindy, you are a bad person........emoji35.png

Nah, they wouldn't do that!

16 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

In the event of financial problems I would simply create a new holding company and move all the assets across to the new company.

While such a thing could pan out  it would likely require some lofty favours from people in high places who are either ignorant, or happy to ignore, the mistakes of the past and the hindsight that should come with it, not to mention the brass neck of allowing such a thing to happen while other companies try to contend without resorting to such a tactic. I just couldn't see that being allowed within the highly ethical and regularly scrutinised environment of Scottish Football I'm afraid.

Edited by Squirt

2 hours ago, alta-pete said:

This is my fear. Sports Direct wasn’t (I think) a f**k up from the current board but the amount of resources they’ve ploughed through to reverse the f**k up is a f**k up in itself. And no doubt Hummel won’t just slink away with a bruised ego so here’s another f**k up coming down the road.

I’ve said before that I’ve never been a fan of King. His GASL attitude to the South African judiciary just doesn’t wash in his homeland.

We can only hope that we were upfront with Hummel and Elite from the start and that they knew that there was a chance of this happening but I doubt it.

Getting a company to match any offer made from any competitor wasn't that bad a deal, but to go on to fcuk things up on this scale takes some doing.

13 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

Nah, that would never work, would it?  Has anyone ever tried this before?

'Joking' aside, it's a possibility.  The new holding company would need to bid for the assets of the club at a reasonable rate this time - none of this 'Ibrox and Murray park are only worth £5.5M' rubbish.  The 2018 accounts valued the pair at roughly £50M.  If they tried to secure them for less than, say, £20M in a Craig Whyte-style pre pack administration, I think some directors might be speaking to the Fraud Squad.

IMG_6691.thumb.jpg.42cee1786fee954f83145efdf90dbb3f.jpg

He admitted in midweek that he couldn’t be bothered analysing his teams last game but spent the summer going through the league game by game only to discover that his team are physically and mentally weaker than Celtic. Well done Stevie.

23 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Slippy G on last seasons league table “Having analysed last season, if the games had finished after 86 minutes we’d have won the league. That’s the brutal truth.

He admitted in midweek that he couldn’t be bothered analysing his teams last game but spent the summer going through the league game by game only to discover that his team are physically and mentally weaker than Celtic. Well done Stevie.

And leading this season's most pointless post award is oor Drew ....

21 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

More pointless that analysing league tables bases on random time periods?

You obviously understood that he's talking about points dropped due to late goals and what we need to fix this season.

8 hours ago, bennett said:

And leading this season's most pointless post award is oor Drew ....

Daft wee Drew is prone to vacuous posts but he will never keep his lead.  A fair few of his diddy pals will trump this without evening trying.

22 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

IMG_6710.jpg

2 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Daft wee Drew is prone to vacuous posts but he will never keep his lead.  A fair few of his diddy pals will trump this without evening trying.

Drew seems to be very determined here....