Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Eight preseason games, half of which are competitive.  Scored 23, conceded one.

Meanwhile, the pathetic wee diddies are wanking themselves dry over some email one of them received. 

Absolutely delicious.

Succulent actually.

9 hours ago, TheScarf said:

The IRA (Inverness Royal Academy) gave us all @ICTChris if I’m not mistaken. 

So they’re not all bad.

Yes, the years I spent in the IRA were the best of my life.  A carefree time, few responsibilities looking forward to every day I spent in the IRA and with my IRA pals.

5 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Yes, the years I spent in the IRA were the best of my life.  A carefree time, few responsibilities looking forward to every day I spent in the IRA and with my IRA pals.

A few of my mates were in the IRA too.  They also said they had a great time and were taught loads.

22 minutes ago, Romeo said:
1 hour ago, TheScarf said:
A few of my mates were in the IRA too.  They also said they had a great time and were taught loads.

What kind of things did they learn?

Well one is an accountant now so probably had a lot to do with procurement etc.

It definitely feels like it’s all or nothing for Rangers this season. They seem to be going all out to stop 9IAR but if it fails then I can see Gerrard leaving. Think it will closer this season but can still see Celtic winning by at least 5 points, which will make it another boring season for the neutrals 

Depends which Celtic want more: ten titles in a row or the continuance of a meaningful rivalry. If it's deemed that the latter is required to keep both clubs viable then I dare say an arrangement will be reached whereby "Rangers" narrowly win their first title.

It definitely feels like it’s all or nothing for Rangers this season. They seem to be going all out to stop 9IAR but if it fails then I can see Gerrard leaving. Think it will closer this season but can still see Celtic winning by at least 5 points, which will make it another boring season for the neutrals 
I presume by "neutrals" you mean people who don't support either of the old firm. As the vast majority of those under that heading utterly fucking detest both of them why do you think they would care which one of them won the league?

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

All or nothing? They've signed Stewart and Jordon Jones.

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I've changed my opinion on this, this sports direct mess is going to cost us on and off the pitch.

Players like Gordon Jones and Gregg Stewart just aren't good enough to break down ten men defences, also we'll still be facing trial by sportscence in every game.

Second or third for us.

I've changed my opinion on this, this sports direct mess is going to cost us on and off the pitch.
Players like Gordon Jones and Gregg Stewart just aren't good enough to break down ten men defences, also we'll still be facing trial by sportscence in every game.
Second or third for us.

This is my fear. Sports Direct wasn’t (I think) a f**k up from the current board but the amount of resources they’ve ploughed through to reverse the f**k up is a f**k up in itself. And no doubt Hummel won’t just slink away with a bruised ego so here’s another f**k up coming down the road.

I’ve said before that I’ve never been a fan of King. His GASL attitude to the South African judiciary just doesn’t wash in his homeland.

24 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

This is my fear. Sports Direct wasn’t (I think) a f**k up from the current board but the amount of resources they’ve ploughed through to reverse the f**k up is a f**k up in itself. And no doubt Hummel won’t just slink away with a bruised ego so here’s another f**k up coming down the road.

I’ve said before that I’ve never been a fan of King. His GASL attitude to the South African judiciary just doesn’t wash in his homeland.

I still don't understand why the Sports Direct issue has any impact on the club.  Contracts are surely between the companies which have absolutely no connection, and as such impact, to the club?

also we'll still be facing trial by sportscence in every game.
Second or third for us.

Playing the conspiracy theory before the season has even started, can't wait for the first of Sevcos many statements this year.

32 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

I still don't understand why the Sports Direct issue has any impact on the club.  Contracts are surely between the companies which have absolutely no connection, and as such impact, to the club?

In an incredibly simplistic summary that I will no doubt be corrected on numerous times my limited understanding of it is that Rangers had a contract with Sports Direct in which it stated that if another company made an offer to Rangers to produce and sell their kits, Rangers were to inform Sport Direct of the money involved and give them the chance to match the offer made by the other group, whoever that may be. Rangers signed a deal with Hummel/Elite without offering SD the chance to match it. That is a breach of contract on the part of Rangers as confirmed this week. Due to this Rangers will now undoubtedly end up having to cancel the contract with Elite/Hummel. Which again, will be a breach of contract on the part of Rangers.

Come at me boys

10 minutes ago, Squirt said:

In an incredibly simplistic summary that I will no doubt be corrected on numerous times my limited understanding of it is that Rangers had a contract with Sports Direct in which it stated that if another company made an offer to Rangers to produce and sell their kits, Rangers were to inform Sport Direct of the money involved and give them the chance to match the offer made by the other group, whoever that may be. Rangers signed a deal with Hummel/Elite without offering SD the chance to match it. That is a breach of contract on the part of Rangers as confirmed this week. Due to this Rangers will now undoubtedly end up having to cancel the contract with Elite/Hummel. Which again, will be a breach of contract on the part of Rangers.

Come at me boys

How does that affect the football club?  Everything you've said seems to refer to the company.

Unless, of course, you are saying that the company and the club are the same thing?

12 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

How does that affect the football club?  Everything you've said seems to refer to the company.

Unless, of course, you are saying that the company and the club are the same thing?

Now there's a loaded question....

Without getting into a debate regarding club and company I will say only that if a company that controls and more importantly finances any organisation, whether it be a sports club or say a charity, runs into contractual problems which in turn leads to financial problems, this will undoubtedly have a knock on effect towards the organisations that they oversee.

I'm not sure where the difficulty lies within that logic but I am always pleased to be corrected in order to further my own understanding. Like I said in my post I have a limited understanding of the situation. 

😉

Edited by Squirt