Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

54 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I think United behaved badly over the abandoned match.  I'm guessing that's what you're referring to.

The idea that that might have prompted or justified a boycott three years later though, is of course laughable.  

It had been forgotten about - we'd played them in 2010 and 2011 with no mention.  It only resurfaced post-liquidation.

3 hours ago, The DA said:

Enlighten us, then. I remember the bad feeling over the abandoned match - didn't one of the supporter groups take United to court - but that issue seemed to have been forgotten by 2012.  Where did the animosity come from? 

Originally Dundee Hibernian...

Spoiler

Sniff Sniff

20 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Bennett, I always know that.

What have you got against Dundee United in particular though?

6 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yeah, I know.  It was absurd to pinpoint that as a cause.

Bennett still hasn't explained what it was all about.

You never asked about boycotts tho, you asked several times why I didn't like them/what I had against them.

1 minute ago, bennett said:

You never asked about boycotts tho, you asked several times why I didn't like them/what I had against them.

Yes, fair enough.  I'm guessing the two are related, but I'll return to the original question.

What do you have against Dundee United Bennett?

OEY BARTON will NOT report back to Rangers tomorrow as planned.

Sources close to the star last night confirmed internal disciplinary procedures have begun.

That means he won’t return to the club’s training HQ for a make-or-break meeting with boss Mark Warburton.

The move appears to be another nail in his Ibrox coffin despite attempts to save his Gers career.

The 34-year-old was suspended for three weeks and banished for a total of four following a training-ground row with team-mate Andy Halliday and a bust-up with Warbs.

Since then the midfielder has been caught up in a betting scandal and charged by the SFA.

He spent last week in a boot camp in the Qatari desert to prove his fitness.

He won’t be at Auchenhowie for another week at least as his representatives pore over the paperwork to reach a settlement.

1 hour ago, bennett said:

OEY BARTON will NOT report back to Rangers tomorrow as planned.

Sources close to the star last night confirmed internal disciplinary procedures have begun.

That means he won’t return to the club’s training HQ for a make-or-break meeting with boss Mark Warburton.

The move appears to be another nail in his Ibrox coffin despite attempts to save his Gers career.

The 34-year-old was suspended for three weeks and banished for a total of four following a training-ground row with team-mate Andy Halliday and a bust-up with Warbs.

Since then the midfielder has been caught up in a betting scandal and charged by the SFA.

He spent last week in a boot camp in the Qatari desert to prove his fitness.

He won’t be at Auchenhowie for another week at least as his representatives pore over the paperwork to reach a settlement.

I doubt he'll kick another ball for Rangers and given the baggage he carries, then I reckon you're well shot of him.

The journalist HAS to as the questions about Barton and Warburton handled it very well, Any club PR person would have stepped in at the same time and told them to move on.  

But it looked like Traynor couldn't help but make a roasting big fanny of himself. The man has no credibility left after his cringy final article in the record and then joining up with Rangers, confirming his place in the pocket of the club all along. The problem with his time at the record was that, as one of the biggest newspapers in Scotland, they didn't ask difficult questions of Rangers.