Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

8 hours ago, strichener said:

It's Sevco - They will be paying him the wages of a £50m player. :whistle

Young Strictly in an outburst of humour shocker.  Who'd have kent?  Have a Charles but please don't make a habit of it.

In other news, here's Oor Jason  enjoying his training:

Was told on Thursday you lot were supposed to be completing the deal for Docherty on Friday, then was assured yesterday by a sevco fan the deal was being completed today. Three and a half hours left to find out if sevco have had an advance on the next soft loan to complete the deal, or is it usual garbage from sevco.

2 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

Was told on Thursday you lot were supposed to be completing the deal for Docherty on Friday, then was assured yesterday by a sevco fan the deal was being completed today. Three and a half hours left to find out if sevco have had an advance on the next soft loan to complete the deal, or is it usual garbage from sevco.

To be fair to you happyaccie you are one of the few Sevco fans I know who seems genuinely worried about your clubs finances.

2 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

Just let me consult with the Board of P&B Bears to see if we can scramble enough to make up the difference.  I have an unused return ticket from High Wycombe to Marylebone AND and an unwanted Xmas scarf from M&S with receipt that I'd be happy to throw in.

Anyone else?

6 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

I'm not sure we even need Docherty, especially if Rossiter gets fit.

No point spending 600k on a player who wont go straight into the 1st team imo.

6 minutes ago, Amato72 said:

I'm not sure we even need Docherty, especially if Rossiter gets fit.

No point spending 600k on a player who wont go straight into the 1st team imo.

That's why you were desperate to include Borjanos if that's his name to sweeten the deal for us, sevco can do one unless the full payment is made to secure Docherty, no money no Doc and we can look for him to help keep us up.

14 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Just let me consult with the Board of P&B Bears to see if we can scramble enough to make up the difference.  I have an unused return ticket from High Wycombe to Marylebone AND and an unwanted Xmas scarf from M&S with receipt that I'd be happy to throw in.

Anyone else?

Make up what difference, you need to raise all of it cause your club is skint.

11 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Our SLO has said that Accies are not interested in any staggered payments. 

Thank f*** for that, if that's the case unless sevco can squeeze the cash from somewhere Greg looks like he ain't going to them in this window.

19 minutes ago, bennett said:

£600k for an accies player, a bit steep considering other recent transfers.

Fair play to accies for trying but we need to look elsewhere, especially considering he'd be a squad player.

Why would a club reliant on soft loans to keep the doors open till May, want to spend £600,000 on a player who would not be a gaurenteed starter.

You definitely missed your vocation in life Bennett, you should be at the fringe in August, you would make more with your comedy show in a week than sevco do in a season.

5 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

Why would a club reliant on soft loans to keep the doors open till May, want to spend £600,000 on a player who would not be a gaurenteed starter.

You definitely missed your vocation in life Bennett, you should be at the fringe in August, you would make more with your comedy show in a week than sevco do in a season.

Which is why I posted that we should look elsewhere.