Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

A lot of people talk his contributions to our game down but we'll miss him.

Rangers have bean dealt a title race injury blow with skipper James Tavernier facing up to three weeks on the sidelines.

The full back is suffering from a virus believed to have been caught at Parkhead and Light Blues boss Steven Gerrard is set to be without his talismanic captain when they return to action after the winter break.

Rumours were rife that Tavernier’s appendix had burst and Gers fans feared the 28-year-old could have been ruled out for months.

Record Sport Online revealed that wasn’t the case and that Englishman only had a small infection, however, it is serious enough to keep him out for two to three weeks.
That means Tavernier won’t be available for the visit of Stranraer to Ibrox for Friday night’s Scottish Cup fourth round tie.

McCrorie off to Livi official then.

Rangers goalkeeper Robby McCrorie is set to go straight into the Livingston side for their home encounter with St Johnstone tonight after the Ibrox club brought an early end to his loan deal with Queen of the South to allow him to make a temporary move to West Lothian.

Hibernian are understood to have sought to acquire the Scotland under-21 international, right, on a permanent basis following earlier interest from city rivals Hearts, but Rangers would not entertain any bids for McCrorie, who is expected to be given first pick status during his loan stint with Livingston.

That proved a major attraction for Rangers with the player considered to have the potential to be a future challenger for the Ibrox No 1 role currently occupied by Allan McGregor

45 minutes ago, bennett said:

McCrorie off to Livi official then.

Rangers goalkeeper Robby McCrorie is set to go straight into the Livingston side for their home encounter with St Johnstone tonight after the Ibrox club brought an early end to his loan deal with Queen of the South to allow him to make a temporary move to West Lothian.

Hibernian are understood to have sought to acquire the Scotland under-21 international, right, on a permanent basis following earlier interest from city rivals Hearts, but Rangers would not entertain any bids for McCrorie, who is expected to be given first pick status during his loan stint with Livingston.

That proved a major attraction for Rangers with the player considered to have the potential to be a future challenger for the Ibrox No 1 role currently occupied by Allan McGregor

Any idea why he was recalled from QotS?  How was he performing there?  @Monkey Tennismaybe?

Edit:  Scratch this.  I just read the QotS thread and it's been explained in detail.  Still a sore one for Queens.

Edited by The_Kincardine

6 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Any idea why he was recalled from QotS?  How was he performing there?  @Monkey Tennismaybe?

Edit:  Scratch this.  I just read the QotS thread and it's been explained in detail.  Still a sore one for Queens.

Yes, it is a sore one - he's done well for Queens.  The goalkeeper position had been a problem for us for several years, and this season has felt a lot better in that respect.

As you've read, everyone was anticipating that he'd be with us all season, so it's quite a worry now.  

The logic will involve exposing him to regular first team football.  I also suspect that the idea of everyone but Rangers getting to face a first choice Livingston goalkeeper, has a certain appeal on the run-in.

I feel bad for the Doonhamers but McCrorie has already played 12 continuous months in the Championship and performed very well. I think the player is well aware he's capable of making the step up to the Premiership now. One thing I do hope is that he's able to get a 12 month loan in the Premiership next season or potentially in England although it might be easier for him to be in Scotland as he still trains with us once a week and has international duty too. Supposedly Hibs tried to sign him on a permanent deal so I think he would be able to get a loan.

Edited by TavTastic

19 minutes ago, TavTastic said:

I feel bad for the Doonhammers* but McCrorie has already played 12 continuous months in the Championship and performed very well. I think the player is well aware he's capable of making the step up to the Premiership now. One thing I do hope is that he's able to get a 12 month loan in the Premiership next season or potentially in England although it might be easier for him to be in Scotland as he still trains with us once a week and has international duty too. Supposedly Hibs tried to sign him on a permanent deal so I think he would be able to get a loan.

*Doonhamers

JD here for 56...

On and off the pitch he's been great for us, I wonder if he'll move into coaching as I think he could offer a lot in that role once he stops playing. 

Lolzers....

Couple of emergency "actually we do need to strengthen" signings?

On 22/01/2020 at 09:35, TavTastic said:

I feel bad for the Doonhamers but McCrorie has already played 12 continuous months in the Championship and performed very well. I think the player is well aware he's capable of making the step up to the Premiership now. One thing I do hope is that he's able to get a 12 month loan in the Premiership next season or potentially in England although it might be easier for him to be in Scotland as he still trains with us once a week and has international duty too. Supposedly Hibs tried to sign him on a permanent deal so I think he would be able to get a loan.

If he does well with us i'm sure we'd ask to have him back on loan next season.

He made a couple of blunders against Accies on Sat, but I remember Liam Kelly doing the exact same thing in his loan spell, so hopefully like Kelly, he learns from it and improves.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

1 minute ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

If he does well with us i'm sure we'd ask to have him back on loan next season.

He made a couple of blunders against Accies on Sat, but I remember Liam Kelly doing the exact same thing in his loan spell, so hopefully like Kelly, he learns from it and improves.

Yeah I hope so. Better to be getting regular game time than only playing in the cups or whatever as a second choice. Seems a lot of Scottish Premiership sides are doing that now where they get young goalies on loan with a higher ceiling rather than permanent signings.