Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

1 hour ago, Sortmeout said:

Where did he say it wasn’t true?

From my memory Rodgers said he was having a tough time personally and Abada said it had been difficult.

Please feel free to quote me where he gave the reason why he left.

ETA - why did he leave if it wasn’t in his plans to do so?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68507625.amp

He is quoted there as saying “thanks to all the Celtic fans who stood by me”. That’s not “I thank all Celtic fans” it’s “I thank the ones who didn’t turn on me”.

So if he didn’t want to leave, and Rodgers referred to the ongoing situation in Gaza as a reason, and he left after Celtic fans celebrated a terrorist attack against his home country - then give me a quote about the real reason he left.

I’m not going to derail this thread which has nothing to do with Abada or Celtic by indulging your whataboutery but if you really want to circle back around this particularly subject and have it taken apart (again), jump into the Celtic thread and post your thoughts there and you will get an answer 

1 hour ago, Ken Fitlike said:

EEh, it were grand when they used to have a quarantined section of Pie’n’Bovril  that meant we were not exposed to the tit for tat whitabootery bile and nonsense.

IMG_6023.jpeg

That was posted in by a large number of non Celtic and Rangers fans who couldn’t stay away and loved nothing more to be in the middle of the tit for tat whitaboutery bile and nonsense.

Edited by Jinky67

52 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

That was posted in by a large number of non Celtic and Rangers fans who couldn’t stay away and loved nothing more to be in the middle of the tit for tat whitaboutery bile and nonsense.

Aye, it’s not as if we haven’t tried to use that part of the forum. Any issues discussed in there end up spilling out into the club threads anyway where everyone comments on them.

2 hours ago, Ken Fitlike said:

EEh, it were grand when they used to have a quarantined section of Pie’n’Bovril  that meant we were not exposed to the tit for tat whitabootery bile and nonsense.

IMG_6023.jpeg

Except on this occasion it was brought up by a Killie Fa...in fact fair point.

What an absolute stinker of a transfer window. We are downsizing, not rebuilding as has been repeatedly mentioned. We have a squad with very little quality and seem to have written this season off already.

Even if a player or two come in tomorrow, it won’t be close to what this side requires.

Edited by AJF

9 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Scott Wright was shit but he played often for you lot did he not?

Yeez are f**ked.

Aye, it's leaving us a few more injuries from another crisis. 

I've a feeling that we may see a couple of late/panic loan deals.

14 hours ago, bennett said:

🤣

What a transfer that was for us.

I'd imagine him scoring a Scottish Cup final winner makes it worth it for you too. 

Don't think anyone at our end will be surprised we've made more money out of it.

17 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

🤣

I'd imagine him scoring a Scottish Cup final winner makes it worth it for you too. 

Don't think anyone at our end will be surprised we've made more money out of it.

You can't fault his effort in games,  it was worth a gamble at the time. 

21 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

🤣

Did you? Maybe I am mis-remembering it, but wasn't it a case of Wright had signed a pre-contract with us but to get him in early we agreed to forgo the fee you were due to pay us for McCrorie?

1 hour ago, AJF said:

Did you? Maybe I am mis-remembering it, but wasn't it a case of Wright had signed a pre-contract with us but to get him in early we agreed to forgo the fee you were due to pay us for McCrorie?

We sold McCrorie for £2.5m.