Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

The SPI Index at FiveThirtyEight calculates an 87% chance of Rangers winning and a 13% chance of Celtic winning it.

I think that's too low on Celtic. But it does illustrate how much of a hole they've dug for themselves. I said earlier Celtic are a chaos machine and the effect of that is you never know what you're going to get from them. Celtic selling the likes of Edouard and Ajer in January would lower their ceiling quite significantly though.

I'd obviously be gutted if we didn't win the league from here, but if we didn't it would mean Gerrard wasn't the right guy and it would allow Wilson to bring in his own manager. Which I'd completely trust him to do - he's the guy who brought Hassenhuttl to Southampton.

3 minutes ago, Andrew Driver said:

chaos machine 😂

The gap Rangers hold should be enough to see them over the line.   A couple years ago the challenge was stronger from the also-rans.   Tynecastle is always a hard place to go, and Rugby Pk under the stewardship of SSC was likely dropped points.    Lennon will need to get the better of Gerrard in the old firm games and recent history suggests that's unlikely.   

Rangers for the title by about 4 points.   

A huge 7 point gap.....

22 hours ago, bennett said:

I read that 10 hours ago, PnB ain't what it used to be. At one time that would've had a few hundred posts by now.

The news articles about the shirt pricing don’t elaborate much on what exactly the offence is. The shirts were priced pretty much in line or thereabouts with every other manufacturer and clubs replica shirts? 🤔

1 minute ago, 8MileBU said:

The news articles about the shirt pricing don’t elaborate much on what exactly the offence is. The shirts were priced pretty much in line or thereabouts with every other manufacturer and clubs replica shirts? 🤔

Probably Ashley at it again, looks he thinks that sports direct were being undercut.  Hellbhoy QC would've had this figured by now imo.

On 15 December 2020, the CMA launched an investigation under Chapter I of the Competition Act 1998 (‘CA98’) and Article 101 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the EU (‘TFEU’) into suspected breaches of competition law by the following entities and their affiliates: The Rangers Football Club Limited, Hummel A/S, LBJ Sports Apparel Limited (trading as Elite), Greaves Sports Limited and JD Sports Fashion Plc. The investigation concerns suspected infringements of Chapter I CA98 and Article 101 TFEU in relation to the price at which Rangers-branded replica football kit was sold in the United Kingdom

Well, we do have previous for it. I'm sure in the 11/12 season we had a 15 point lead at one point, only to utterly collapse and finish well beaten in second.

That was a different team [emoji6]

There’s no Winter break this year, so no trip to Dubai trip to screw the season for you.

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

The point stands. You are 13 ahead, not 7. 

If the roles were reversed and we were behind, I'd count it as 13 points but as it stands we have a 7 point lead in our hands.

11 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

There were a lot of posters disagreeing with this thought process when Liverpool chucked the league a couple of years back. Apparently the games in hand City had were won already. 

An odd thought process considering Celtic have won 2 of their last 6 league games.

I assume it's some sort of faux humility to avoid it being bookmarked for the end of the season.

1 minute ago, G51 said:

Everyone’s talking about “what if Celtic come good again and Rangers lose the league” but no one is talking about “what if Celtic stay terrible and Aberdeen still can’t finish above them”

Aberdeen have to stop being terrible to think about that one.

40 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

An odd thought process considering Celtic have won 2 of their last 6 league games.

I assume it's some sort of faux humility to avoid it being bookmarked for the end of the season.

As the cup game showed the other night, there is still a question mark hanging over our team with regards to bottle when it really matters.

We've had a fantastic start to the season domestically and in Europe, but we've still to see how we handle a poor run of form in the league.  After the Celtic game at New Year, if they're no closer to us than they are now (games in hand withstanding) then I'll be happy.

After the speculation that Kai Kennedy might re-sign, everything seems to have gone quiet there. He's days away from being able to sign a pre-contract, so that's probably a sign he won't be staying with us.

Which means we need someone to replace Jones, who's pretty obviously done. And therefore, the papers have provided a name: Bilal Brahimi.

20 years old, contracted to Stade de Reims, currently playing on loan at Le Mans in the third tier of French football (!). Which means he seems like an unlikely signing, despite us scouting France very heavily in recent years.

But if we do sign this guy, just look at him. Has cult hero written all over him.

25457-190725171411696-0-e1564068216460-9