Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

7 minutes ago, G51 said:

Rangers in for Scott Wright on a pre-contract.

l.m.f.a.o.

No thanks. I know we need Scottish players but he's not good enough.

EDIT: Swap deal for Greg Stewart happening this window is the rumour going round - that's better but what we need is better quality than Jones and Barker not that similar level.

Edited by DMCs

9 minutes ago, DMCs said:

No thanks. I know we need Scottish players but he's not good enough.

EDIT: Swap deal for Greg Stewart happening this window is the rumour going round - that's better but what we need is better quality than Jones and Barker not that similar level.

I didn't realise how old he was tbh - 23 now, made 90 appearances in his career. Probably not a lot of room for growth there.

A swap deal for Greg Stewart is better but I don't see why Aberdeen would make that deal tbh.

Overall, probably not a player I'd be interested in but maybe Wilson sees something we don't. Difficult to see why we'd go with Scott Wright and send Kai Kennedy on loan though.

Edited by G51

I can't say I've seen much of Wright to pass any meaningful judgement. I believe it was him that rinsed Duffy against Celtic up at Pittodrie that led to Aberdeen's equaliser but everyone has been rinsing Duffy this season so it doesn't count for much, really.

9 minutes ago, G51 said:

Overall, probably not a player I'd be interested in but maybe Wilson sees something we don't. Difficult to see why we'd go with Scott Wright and send Kai Kennedy on loan though.

The main reason is probably that he counts as a nation grown player for European competitions. Kennedy is under 21 so can play in Europe without needing to be part of the officially named 25 man squad.

25 minutes ago, bennett said:

Tbf some players can improve if they're surrounded by better players and tactics,  most of us didn't think that Kamara would be in the first 11 and a standout player.

True, but Kamara really stood out for Dundee and came from a really good Academy. Wright doesn't have either of those things going for him.

If it happens, it happens, but won't lose much sleep over it if it doesn't.

Scott Wright isn't near as good as Greg Stewart. Total muscle flexing exercise in the same way that signing Stewart, Jones & Hastie were last season. Wright can make a decent career for himself, can only see him being utilised as an impact player at best if he joins you.

14 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Scott Wright isn't near as good as Greg Stewart. Total muscle flexing exercise in the same way that signing Stewart, Jones & Hastie were last season. Wright can make a decent career for himself, can only see him being utilised as an impact player at best if he joins you.

I remember Mark Allen pushing really hard for Jordan Jones over multiple windows.

Jones is now on the way out and Allen left some time ago, and only just picked up work as Swansea's academy manager.

A signing that never stacked up.

Now at the stage where if we average 2 points per game (i.e. alternating wins and draws) then we've won the championship.

Would put us on 96 points, Celtic can only reach 98. And that's if they win out.

Edited by G51

On 10/01/2021 at 20:10, G51 said:

then it's getting late for Celtic. Plus, talk about getting a team at the wrong time - Livi are probably the one team in the country you don't want to face right now, and they've got them twice in four days.

On 10/01/2021 at 22:02, DMCs said:

I would have said Motherwell away was an easy game in the form they were in but with a new manager it's a bit more of an unknown.

No one could have predicted the Dubai fall out, Hibs taking a point tonight and 'them' facing Livi with a deplete squad.

Sat/Sun will be fascinating*.  There were times yesterday - from about the 20th to the 60th minutes - when we played some really decent football but we need that for 90 mins on Sunday.

*Nail-biting.

18 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

No one could have predicted the Dubai fall out, Hibs taking a point tonight and 'them' facing Livi with a deplete squad.

Sat/Sun will be fascinating*.  There were times yesterday - from about the 20th to the 60th minutes - when we played some really decent football but we need that for 90 mins on Sunday.

*Nail-biting.

I'll be interested to see if Alexander organises Motherwell into the 5-5-0 again.