Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

2 minutes ago, Uncle Scan said:

Makes sense,safest place in the UK

No cases since this has started

If you are going to make an attempt at humour, make sure your facts are actually correct when you make such claims.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

A football stadium seems like the ideal sort of setting to be able to do this sort of thing safely. Loads of space, loads of ways in and out to ensure high flow of one way traffic, outdoor, can get a few lads with a weed killer backpack full of sanitizer to blast every possible surface before and after, big open surface in the middle to lob up a few tents.

Hopefully this and a few more get taken up. These are places tried and tested for literally thousand of people to show up to and get away from with ease over a short space of time

Obvioulsy on a much smaller scale than the bigger clubs being mentioned, but St.Mirren's stadium was used by the health board for the flu vaccinations in September/October.

The expectation was up to 1000 jabs a day. 

Seem to remember a lot of complaints from OAP's about access as it's not in the town centre and the health care organisation that was in charge of it, seemed to  manage to make an arse of sending out letters to people. In some cases after the scheduled appointment.

This time round it would be even safer, given that the club managed to achieve herd immunity earlier in the season.:rolleyes:

Edited by FTOF

HMG still retains a role in the vaccination process in Scotland, because they're a) procuring the vaccine, and b) deploying personnel from the military to participate in the rollout.
I'm sure you'd agree that they don't choose Scottish vacinnation centres? So a waste of a stamp writtting to them.

Or maybe you wouldn't.

Anyway. I'll try not to mention Tax or besmirch the good name of her majesty's government.

Sorry guys

ETA god save the queen

I already thought most (if not all) SPFL clubs had offered their stadiums for vaccinations, but maybe I misunderstood or there's something different about Rangers' offer.

Seeing as Romeo seems to be the only one thinking the same, I'm probably just wrong.

Edit: this is what I was thinking of: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55120607

Quite a while ago so assuming nothing really came of it.

Edited by LiviLion

I already thought most (if not all) SPFL clubs had offered their stadiums for vaccinations, but maybe I misunderstood or there's something different about Rangers' offer.
Seeing as Romeo seems to be the only one thinking the same, I'm probably just wrong.
It's just a bit of virtue signaling from the late to the party ****.

They dafties lap up the "her majesty's government" shit they absolutely love it as is plainly obvious.

2 minutes ago, Romeo said:

I'm sure you'd agree that they don't choose Scottish vacinnation centres? So a waste of a stamp writtting to them.

Or maybe you wouldn't.

Anyway. I'll try not to mention Tax or besmirch the good name of her majesty's government.

Sorry guys

ETA god save the queen

I won't pretend to have knowledge of  the process for selecting vaccination centres, so I don't think it really hurts to write two letters instead of one just in case HMG does have a role. Better to be safe than sorry, right?

And I really don't understand why someone would get upset about it.

I won't pretend to have knowledge of  the process for selecting vaccination centres, so I don't think it really hurts to write two letters instead of one just in case HMG does have a role. Better to be safe than sorry, right?
And I really don't understand why someone would get upset about it.
"better to be safe than sorry"

They should have written to Putin, Macron and Donald too, covered their bases ?

Belter .....lol [emoji1787]

2 minutes ago, Romeo said:

"better to be safe than sorry"

The should have written to Putin, Macron and Donald too, covered their bases ?

Belter .....lol emoji1787.png

But those governments definitely have no role in Scotland's vaccination programme.

Are you okay?

38 minutes ago, Romeo said:

It's just a bit of virtue signaling from the late to the party ****.

They dafties lap up the "her majesty's government" shit they absolutely love it as is plainly obvious.

"Late to the party" is a bit of an odd term to give an offer to use Ibrox as a vaccination centre. The article linked to by @LiviLion mentions that they were going to review if stadiums could act as vaccination centres, but as far as I can see, nothing has ever came of this. And, as far as I am aware, there is currently no vaccination centres set up at football stadiums.

It's not a good look this, Romeo. The events of the last 6 months or so must have really hurt you if this is the kind of attempt you are reduced to in order to take issue with Rangers 😄

3 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

As the weeks go on I have this fear that this team will go the league season unbeaten.

Is that a distinct feeling amongst the support?

Personally, I can't see us going the full league campaign unbeaten. We've done excellently up until now but I think we will get beat sooner or later.

We've still only conceded 6 goals in the league but I think this is unsustainable over the course of 38 games.

Additionally, I'm not really bothered about an unbeaten season, I'm more concerned about wrapping up the title. 

12 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

As the weeks go on I have this fear that this team will go the league season unbeaten.

Is that a distinct feeling amongst the support?

St Mirren showed that we have weaknesses.  Livi, Killie, Hibs and St Mirren away are the games that I'd be worried about it.

Though we could lose to any team,  a poor game or an injury crisis could happen at any time.