Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

1 hour ago, G51 said:

The only people who think this is a rivalry are Aberdeen fans, and I presume it's because they don't have a derby, so they need to pretend that it's a big deal.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-rivalry-aberdeen-big-derby-13955889

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-aberdeen-rivalry-reminds-steven-13958754

See what I mean about Aberdeen fans being absolutely desperate to prove that this is a derby?

Some patronising PR stuff from our manager and captain about how "it's such a big game, big atmosphere, won't take anything for granted" and they think it means something special to us.

2 hours ago, G51 said:

See what I mean about Aberdeen fans being absolutely desperate to prove that this is a derby?

I like the A'deen fans on here.  Dons_1888, The Red Merkin, JacksSashmyGrandsonWore  and KinkerJoey are all good sorts.  Even DeepSleep_62 and Help_ma_tiny_boaby can be good value when it comes to riling  our big pals from Glasgow's east end. But then we have this:

17 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Better use of bedsheets than last week.............though being picky, perhaps epidemic is a better word for it.

image.png.d23945c4e94783c01548066f84e8c088.png

The only times they truly come alive is when we sign one of their players yet it doesn't work the other way round.

That's yer apotheosis of a one-way rivalry.

9 hours ago, G51 said:

Some patronising PR stuff from our manager and captain about how "it's such a big game, big atmosphere, won't take anything for granted" and they think it means something special to us.

Could similarly say you're absolutely desperate to claim it's not a rivalry.

Be honest, this is as much of a pissing contest as the 'who's a bigger club?' debate that take place all over football and is a completely subjective debate in the context of Celtic v Rangers, Aberdeen v Hearts v Hibs or any other similar sized clubs competing.

The good people of Aberdeen dislike everything Rangers stand for and are happy to let you know every time you visit. Judging by your fans regular behaviour at Pittodrie you respond in kind.  If it gives you comfort for it not to be labelled a rivalry then more power to you.

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Could similarly say you're absolutely desperate to claim it's not a rivalry.

Be honest, this is as much of a pissing contest as the 'who's a bigger club?' debate that take place all over football and is a completely subjective debate in the context of Celtic v Rangers, Aberdeen v Hearts v Hibs or any other similar sized clubs competing.

The good people of Aberdeen dislike everything Rangers stand for and are happy to let you know every time you visit. Judging by your fans regular behaviour at Pittodrie you respond in kind.  If it gives you comfort for it not to be labelled a rivalry then more power to you.

Personally, I’ll admit that Aberdeen feature pretty high up the list of teams I dislike. However I think this is more to do with ill will between the fans rather than any “who’s a bigger club” debate or competitive rivalry between the teams.

My disliking of Aberdeen stems from the behaviour of the Aberdeen fans when I’m attending matches, rather than anything Aberdeen as a team do.

1 minute ago, AJF said:

Personally, I’ll admit that Aberdeen feature pretty high up the list of teams I dislike. However I think this is more to do with ill will between the fans rather than any “who’s a bigger club” debate or competitive rivalry between the teams.

My disliking of Aberdeen stems from the behaviour of the Aberdeen fans when I’m attending matches, rather than anything Aberdeen as a team do.

You’re missing my point. We could argue for days about what constitutes a rivalry or who’s a bigger club, ultimately it means very little. Any rangers fan shouting that there’s no rivalry is as pointless as any Aberdeen fan claiming we’re massive rivals. 

I've got an unexpected day off from work tomorrow so I'm unashamedly drunkenly watching Rangers videos on YouTube..

Watching this one for this first time.

Decent video, cool graphics overall but I'm flabbergasted at the part where he says that "at best" Rangers titles at this period are "tainted"...

I know it's an argument that has been done to death on here and in the BRALT but the idea that our starting 11 that bested all the other leagues competitors after a season did so because of the company paying less tax is so wild to me. I know regular people don't think like this so it was strange for me to see a seemingly neutral spectator putting this point across. 

9 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

I've got an unexpected day off from work tomorrow so I'm unashamedly drunkenly watching Rangers videos on YouTube..

Decent video, cool graphics overall but I'm flabbergasted at the part where he says that "at best" Rangers titles at this period are "tainted"...

I know it's an argument that has been done to death on here and in the BRALT but the idea that our starting 11 that bested all the other leagues competitors after a season did so because of the company paying less tax is so wild to me. I know regular people don't think like this so it was strange for me to see a seemingly neutral spectator putting this point across. 

Company? :lol:

Mental Gymnastics FC

9 hours ago, Stormzy said:

Without judging rangers as guilty or not guilty of tax fraud, it’s ‘so wild’ to you that people see potential tax fraud increasing your football budget as an unfair advantage? Think you need to take a step back from that one. 

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Without judging rangers as guilty or not guilty of tax fraud, it’s ‘so wild’ to you that people see potential tax fraud increasing your football budget as an unfair advantage? Think you need to take a step back from that one. 

It's wild the idea that the titles weren't won on the pitch. I don't think anyone can argue our players out performed the rest. The affordability is obviously something rival fans will look to but that doesn't take away what happened on the pitch. The rest is a boring argument that's been done to death on here.

1 minute ago, Stormzy said:

It's wild the idea that the titles weren't won on the pitch. I don't think anyone can argue our players out performed the rest. The affordability is obviously something rival fans will look to but that doesn't take away what happened on the pitch. The rest is a boring argument that's been done to death on here.

Eh...yes the players on the pitch won the title. That normally happens. Nobody has said otherwise. That doesn't mean you have free reign to assemble that team on the pitch in any manner you want and separate it from the success it earns.

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Eh...yes the players on the pitch won the title. That normally happens. Nobody has said otherwise. That doesn't mean you have free reign to assemble that team on the pitch in any manner you want and separate it from the success it earns.

I don't think it warrants describing the titles as tainted and never in my life have I seen someone suggest so other than  celtc fans and some angry posters on here. It surprised me to hear, anyway you can quote me in the BRALT if you're that fussed, I dont wanna kill the Rangers thread, we have a big game tonight.