Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

Just dropping by to see if Rangers have apologised now that Michael Gardyne has been cleared by the SFA over his alleged homophobic slur?

It's been almost 3 weeks so maybe I missed it but you'd think they'd be as vocal about a retraction as they were about the allegation. 

11 minutes ago, yoda said:

Just dropping by to see if Rangers have apologised now that Michael Gardyne has been cleared by the SFA over his alleged homophobic slur?

It's been almost 3 weeks so maybe I missed it but you'd think they'd be as vocal about a retraction as they were about the allegation. 

Why would Rangers apologise for an allegation that they didn't make?

Stevie seems a bit upset this morning. He seems annoyed that the rules that have been in place for, I don’t know, three or four seasons now, are being used as they have been for the past three or four seasons. If his players stopped elbowing or forearm smashing their opponents, or standing on their lower leg when the player is lying on the ground, then Rangers wouldn’t have a problem.

13 minutes ago, yoda said:

I'm sorry.

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

Stevie seems a bit upset this morning. He seems annoyed that the rules that have been in place for, I don’t know, three or four seasons now, are being used as they have been for the past three or four seasons. If his players stopped elbowing or forearm smashing their opponents, or standing on their lower leg when the player is lying on the ground, then Rangers wouldn’t have a problem.

You don't like Sevco,  we get it.

8 minutes ago, yoda said:

Whatever happened to the balance of probabilities and credible and reliable witness? Didn’t 2 rangers players say they heard it? 

Also from Gerrard 

Gers boss Steven Gerrard complained that the Staggies attacker made "serious" inappropriate comments to one of his players in the aftermath of their 4-0 win in the Highlands.

4 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

“Why not just have no referees and we'll just make all the decisions days and hours after the game and we'll go from there? It's not right. It doesn't happen anywhere else.''

Isn’t he getting the sweet end of this deal?

They keep their 11 on the park when it should be 10, and they complain.

Not as if he’s never seen this type of ruling before. 
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/three-match-ban-for-gerrard-3555361

27 minutes ago, yoda said:

I don't recall Rangers alleging that Gardyne had used a homophobic slur.

Given that the referee that day saw fit to book him for what he said, then I'm assuming he said something unacceptable but it hasn't actually been released what he said, has it?

16 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Rangers have been consistent in their criticism of the disciplinary process for years. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here.

7 minutes ago, AJF said:

Given that the referee that day saw fit to book him for what he said, then I'm assuming he said something unacceptable but it hasn't actually been released what he said, has it?

The only people who heard the remark were Morelos and goldson, then Gerrard commented on it so for the SFA to investigate homophobic slurs then that info must’ve came from somewhere, I’d be surprised if it came from county. 

9 minutes ago, AJF said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/michael-gardyne-slammed-steven-gerrard-23123757

I mean it doesn't need a rocket scientist to work out what he's getting at. It's got to be homophobic or racist based on his comments.

Well if he's called him a "fanny" then that would be deemed a bookable offence.

3 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

The only people who heard the remark were Morelos and goldson, then Gerrard commented on it so for the SFA to investigate homophobic slurs then that info must’ve came from somewhere, I’d be surprised if it came from county. 

3 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/michael-gardyne-slammed-steven-gerrard-23123757

I mean it doesn't need a rocket scientist to work out what he's getting at. It's got to be homophobic or racist based on his comments.

Well if he's called him a "fanny" then that would be deemed a bookable offence.

I'm not entirely sure calling someone a "fanny" would constitute a bookable offence. If it is then there should be red cards galore.

The notice against Gardyne was dropped due to lack of evidence, not due to him being proved not guilty. If Rangers believed that the comment was serious enough to cause offence and should not belong on a football pitch, what should we exactly be apologising for considering we never mentioned what was said and it doesn't appear we made any complaint to the SFA to have it investigated considering Gerrard said it wasn't for us to deal with?

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

I'm not entirely sure calling someone a "fanny" would constitute a bookable offence. If it is then there should be red cards galore.

The notice against Gardyne was dropped due to lack of evidence, not due to him being proved not guilty. If Rangers believed that the comment was serious enough to cause offence and should not belong on a football pitch, what should we exactly be apologising for considering we never mentioned what was said and it doesn't appear we made any complaint to the SFA to have it investigated considering Gerrard said it wasn't for us to deal with?

If it was so serious then why didn't they report it?

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

Because it's within the jurisdiction of the SFA's retrospective disciplinary system, so it's the referee's job to report it. Which he did, hence the charge.

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

I have no idea. Potentially because it was indicated already that it would be getting looked at further?

That still doesn't answer my question of what should Rangers be apologising for here exactly...

21 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

You're going to go down the same road here as you did with Shay Logan and Tonev, aren't you....

4 hours ago, bennett said:

You're going to go down the same road here as you did with Shay Logan and Tonev, aren't you....

Well....1 player, Logan, says he heard tonev give him racist abuse, the SFA decide on the balance of probabilities and that tonev isn’t credible that he’s guilty- 7 game ban

2 players, Morelos and goldson, say they heard Gardyne give Morelos homophobic abuse, the SFA decide to drop the case. 

Am I missing something? 

Edited by Drew Brees