Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

6 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

The guy on course for an undefeated season with a record low goals against for a British domestic season?

His cup record isnt good enough for Rangers* budget and the state Celtic have been in this year, but saying his domestic record is "fucking appalling" is an absolutely wild take.

The only thing Lennon pisses over is his own bed sheets. The guy won a watch both times he was made manager and crumbled any time there was a team capable of pushing his.

For a Rangers manager to win one trophy out of a possible nine is fucking appalling, no matter how you try to dress it up. Winning the league this season saved his job actually. 

4 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

For a Rangers manager to win one trophy out of a possible nine is fucking appalling, no matter how you try to dress it up. Winning the league this season saved his job actually. 

i think Covid may have saved his job. There seemed to be a feeling of injustice regarding the decision around last years title from those at Ibrox and that feeling afforded him another season imo. 

Turned out to be a good decision for them 

5 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

It really isn’t that bad when you consider the circumstances . From next season onwards that return will certainly lead to much more warranted criticism . 

Gerrards 3 year goal was to win the league . He has achieved it . I don’t know why you’s are so upset by this . 

52 minutes ago, AJF said:

To compare Lennon’s record at Celtic to Gerrard is not a fair comparison.

Lennon inherited winners and proceeded to turn the club into a basket case.

Gerrard inherited a basket case and turned them into winners. Completely different.

It's not Lennon has won 10 trophies slippy G has won 1.

3 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Some laugh if we go onto win 10 in a row Without one solitary domestic cup. 

It would be even funnier if Celtic won 16 out of the 20 domestic cup competitions over that 10 years to go onto 127 trophies to Rangers 126 * 

(*10 as The Rangers)

14 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

It would be even funnier if Celtic won 16 out of the 20 domestic cup competitions over that 10 years to go onto 127 trophies to Rangers 126 * 

(*10 as The Rangers)

Thought you weren’t bothered about us having more trophies a few weeks back ? 

because this post reeks a wee bit of someone who that fact annoys a wee bit 

Edited by Forever_blueco

1 minute ago, Forever_blueco said:

Thought you weren’t bothered about us having more trophies a few weeks back ? 

because this post reeks a wee bit of someone who that fact annoys a wee bit 

It doesn't, well if you got 10iar it obviously would however the cumulative total means nothing to me

However it bothers Rangers fans, they are very proud of said trophy count hence it would be funny to take that away from them :) 

3 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

It doesn't, well if you got 10iar it obviously would however the cumulative total means nothing to me

However it bothers Rangers fans, they are very proud of said trophy count hence it would be funny to take that away from them :) 

It’s ok mate you can just admit it 

we won’t judge you 

just laugh 

58 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

You’re talking nonsense. Gerrard arrived during a period where Celtic were dominating and were lightyears ahead of Celtic.

He has improved us year on year and that gap has been eaten away in each of the 3 seasons Gerrard has been in charge to the point we’ve now surpassed Celtic.

As folk have said, 1 trophy from 9 would be poor under normal circumstances, but Gerrard did not arrive during normal circumstances. The board recognised the improvements he was making, stuck by him and we’ve now been rewarded while Celtic have been embarrassed.

55 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

It's not Lennon has won 10 trophies slippy G has won 1.

And yet one of those men are idolised and the other is hated by their respective fan bases.

Edited by AJF

5 minutes ago, AJF said:

And yet one of those men are idolised and the other is hated by their respective fan bases.

Football is fickle though, if Rangers lose some of their key men over the Summer, drop the ball to Celtic and continue to not give a f**k about domestic cups then i'm pretty sure that good feeling and icon status he currently has will be on a shoogly peg  

5 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Football is fickle though, if Rangers lose some of their key men over the Summer, drop the ball to Celtic and continue to not give a f**k about domestic cups then i'm pretty sure that good feeling and icon status he currently has will be on a shoogly peg  

But you are all claiming that 1 trophy out of 9 is terrible. If it was so terrible, why is Gerrard idolised?

1 hour ago, Henrik's tongue said:

Yes, I imagine he'd have walked/got the bullet if he hadnt won the league this year. 

But he has won it though. At a fucking canter.  

So his domestic record isnt "fucking appalling", is it?

Saying Gerrard only kept his job because he won the league is like saying Messi doesnt get dropped because he scores every game.

Whether you like it or not, Gerrard has come in and done what was asked of him. I'm sure Rangers* fans would happily have been papped out of both cups the last three years if it meant they win the league this year and stop 10IAR. Which they have done. And I'm sure better domestic cup performances/results will be a main target to judge him on next year now the monkey is off their back.

1 minute ago, AJF said:

But you are all claiming that 1 trophy out of 9 is terrible. If it was so terrible, why is Gerrard idolised?

Because he was the man in charge when Rangers stopped Celtic doing the 10 and done so without loosing a league game....so far. 

And i'm not sure who is saying Gerrard is terrible, he quite clearly isn't however he hasn't been as successful as he could have been and there have been opportunities missed to really establish Rangers as the dominant team in Scotland and he has been a tad fortunate that his tenure coincided with a Celtic team at their lowest ebb since around 1998/99. We have been truly fucking shocking but that has nothing to do with Gerrard and everything to do with our own mismanagement, complacency and arrogance towards the challenge Rangers would bring. 

But 1 final in 3 seasons despite the rebuild and with the significant finance advantage Rangers have over the other clubs except Celtic and bearing in mind you did reach a Scottish Cup final while in the Championship is a poor return. 

I get the league being the biggest priority i really do however Rangers have to address this piss poor run in the cups.

22 minutes ago, AJF said:

' cos it stopped you know what !

PS it was not slippys fault his forwards missed some sitters and his defenders were scared of the Hulk against St. J

Edited by ewan14

Because he was the man in charge when Rangers stopped Celtic doing the 10 and done so without loosing a league game....so far. 

And i'm not sure who is saying Gerrard is terrible, he quite clearly isn't however he hasn't been as successful as he could have been and there have been opportunities missed to really establish Rangers as the dominant team in Scotland and he has been a tad fortunate that his tenure coincided with a Celtic team at their lowest ebb since around 1998/99. We have been truly fucking shocking but that has nothing to do with Gerrard and everything to do with our own mismanagement, complacency and arrogance towards the challenge Rangers would bring. 

But 1 final in 3 seasons despite the rebuild and with the significant finance advantage Rangers have over the other clubs except Celtic and bearing in mind you did reach a Scottish Cup final while in the Championship is a poor return. 

I get the league being the biggest priority i really do however Rangers have to address this piss poor run in the cups.

The #### were doing well last season until they self destructed

And next season he has the chance to address the cup record . 

just like he addressed our league consistency issue over this season I will place my confidence in him to try and work a way for us to deliver cups .

46 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

If we lose key players and can't replace them then thats hardly Gerrards fault. League first, then Europe and anything else is a wee bonus. 

We have manager who had us playing enjoyable football against European teams this season,  not sitting in and parking the bus but actually taking the game to them.

I'll stick with Gerrard.