Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

5 minutes ago, bennett said:

JAMIE BARJONAS has posted an emotional goodbye to the ‘unbelievable’ Rangers fans as he leaves the club.

The Gers midfielder spent the last few months of the season on loan at Ayr United

Barjonas, 22, spent 14 years at Ibrox, rising up through the ranks in the academy

That’s one adjective I use to describe them too. 

2 minutes ago, DMCs said:

Sorry to hear about your condition mate. I hope the treatments are working for you.

18 months in and I'm holding my own, thanks. (I've more bother with my COPD, to be honest.)

29 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Looks like Google are on the money.:)

I wonder if they'll boycott it.

Apologies if this has been posted already.

How is that new Ferguslie thread factory coming along?  Still looking to start production in 1860?

I'm sorry to bring this up boys but I'm very worried about the Champions League qualifiers. I can't stop thinking about them, I honestly think we might choke it. I hate the idea we have done so well in Europe and managed to up the coefficient but might not even benefit from it. 

I might get more confident closer to the time but I will be so disappointed if we don't make it to the group stages. 

See when I was younger I used to get mad excited for every fixture and every potential victory but nowadays I dont know if it's me turning auld or just PTSD from the past decade but I'm so nervous coming into every big game. 

2 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

I'm sorry to bring this up boys but I'm very worried about the Champions League qualifiers. I can't stop thinking about them, I honestly think we might choke it. I hate the idea we have done so well in Europe and managed to up the coefficient but might not even benefit from it. 

I might get more confident closer to the time but I will be so disappointed if we don't make it to the group stages. 

See when I was younger I used to get mad excited for every fixture and every potential victory but nowadays I dont know if it's me turning auld or just PTSD from the past decade but I'm so nervous coming into every big game. 

Gerrard has been great  in Europe so far. Him and his staff will know that this will require a step up in concentration and ability from the Europa . The work will already be under way behind the scenes and we can only hope it works out at this stage . Will be tough but just have to see how the draw pans out and take it from there. 

I’m not sure I’m suggesting much really. I just feel there must be a reason for releasing this kind of information (if it’s not normally done) and it seems to be adding fuel to the fire in what is already quite a sensitive situation.
I got the impression it was released as a result of an FOI from a media outlet. I could be wrong but that's what I automatically thought.

14 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

It’s really quite sad that people won’t give up on the ‘but you lost in the cups’ patter, it’s true.

e: still, nice for them to have hobbies outside of football 

Edited by Orbix

1 hour ago, Orbix said:

It’s really quite sad that people won’t give up on the ‘but you lost in the cups’ patter, it’s true.

e: still, nice for them to have hobbies outside of football 

It’s a phenomenal achievement of that there is no doubt and Rangers should be proud of it. 

It’s just been done better before is all.

Id also put a league & cup double or treble ahead of any unbeaten league season and I’m sure most Rangers fans would have traded an unbeaten league season for a treble

Edited by Jinky67

9 hours ago, Stormzy said:

If win the first qualifer that we enter we are guaranteed Europa League groups anyway and we are seede for that qualifer against one of these teams:

The Israeli Champions

Ludogrets

Malmo

Cluj

Legia Warsaw

Sheriff Tiraspol

Which is really winnable and it could actually be easier than that if some of those clubs get knocked out in earlier rounds.

The playoff round is much harder but there is no shame in losing that and we have the Europa safety net. All about winning that first qualifer for me.

6 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Id also put a league & cup double or treble ahead of any unbeaten league season and I’m sure most Rangers fans would have traded an unbeaten league season for a treble

Have you thought about Macramé? Maybe some pottery or a painting course?

6 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

It’s a phenomenal achievement of that there is no doubt and Rangers should be proud of it. 

That’s the thing though, nobody is saying it was better than Celtic’s unbeaten season. It’s just an attempt by other fans to try and diminish the achievement.

Every single other league champion that I know of that’s went unbeaten in the league, despite losing cup or European games, have been branded invincible. Now it’s changed all of a sudden at no surprise to anyone 😂

24 minutes ago, AJF said:

That’s the thing though, nobody is saying it was better than Celtic’s unbeaten season. It’s just an attempt by other fans to try and diminish the achievement.

Every single other league champion that I know of that’s went unbeaten in the league, despite losing cup or European games, have been branded invincible. Now it’s changed all of a sudden at no surprise to anyone 😂

The only people I see comparing the two seasons on a regular basis are Celtic fans. 

28 minutes ago, AJF said:

Isn’t that just what rival fans do? 

You see it happen with Celtics European Cup win, with yesterday being the anniversary of that win you see some absolute nonsensical attempts to diminish it on Twitter. It’s just par for the course.

It would be churlish to not to acknowledge Rangers achievements and its Rangers and their fans perogative to call it what they want however there will always be that comparison to the Celtic16/17 team because of how recent it was. 

Edited by Jinky67

Sorry cannot be bothered trawling back through the threads to see if "reported".

I see the council released the £60,000 figure for clearing up George square

I hear it will actually eventually cost £150,000 to fully clear up including what i believe is rather vile and unreported.

The turf supposedly had to be fully redone because of the amount of broken bottle glass that some sickos had buried.

I understand this also happened with a lot of the planters.