Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

19 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Sorry cannot be bothered trawling back through the threads to see if "reported".

I see the council released the £60,000 figure for clearing up George square

I hear it will actually eventually cost £150,000 to fully clear up including what i believe is rather vile and unreported.

The turf supposedly had to be fully redone because of the amount of broken bottle glass that some sickos had buried.

I understand this also happened with a lot of the planters.

Thanks, bi gal.  We don't get many women posting on this thread.

BENNETT has revealed Rangers have plans to expand the capacity of Ibrox over the next five years as part of an overhaul of the stadium footprint.

Work is underway on the redevelopment of Edmiston House as Rangers prepare to launch a new museum and retail and entertaining space ahead of their 150th anniversary next year.

The Gers will reach that landmark anniversary as champions of Scotland after Steven Gerrard's side clinched a 55th league flag this term.

And vice-chairman Bennett has outlined plans that could see extra seating installed at Ibrox to increase the capacity of the stadium in the coming years

“Yeah there are," Bennett said during a podcast with the Louden Tavern. "The most immediate one is something around Argyle House which will involve extra seating.

“There are longer term plans that we might be able to do that would add more seating but I am going to describe that as mid-term.

"We want to do Edmiston House, we want to get that museum up and running. The 150 year is hugely important to us, I am a real backer of the museum project and it means a lot to me.

"I do think this is a real legacy moment for the club, a legacy period.

We are making this bridge, if you like, from a recovery phase to a growth phase. I think that is an apt way to look at this.

"When you see us putting in some new seating, some extra seating, some premium seating going in and you ally that to Edmiston House and the museum, I think you will see that this club is putting the dark years behind us.

That recovery phase. We are not complete just yet, we are really not complete just yet.

"We are at a bridge period. We have got to get to that but it is imminent and we will move to the growth phase.

"Beyond that, I think you will see, medium term, and I can't say it is one years time, but I don't think it is as far away as five years time, I think you will see a bit more stadium expansion happening

21 hours ago, Stormzy said:

I'm sorry to bring this up boys but I'm very worried about the Champions League qualifiers. I can't stop thinking about them, I honestly think we might choke it. I hate the idea we have done so well in Europe and managed to up the coefficient but might not even benefit from it. 

I might get more confident closer to the time but I will be so disappointed if we don't make it to the group stages. 

See when I was younger I used to get mad excited for every fixture and every potential victory but nowadays I dont know if it's me turning auld or just PTSD from the past decade but I'm so nervous coming into every big game. 

I can't imagine there would be much shame losing in the third round or the playoffs to a good opponent. Be interesting to see how the draw shakes out.

On another note, has anyone heard from @G51 lately?  @The_Kincardine  @AJF

12 hours ago, AJF said:

Every single other league champion that I know of that’s went unbeaten in the league, despite losing cup or European games, have been branded invincible.

Only by thick c***s.

Invincible means incapable of being defeated or destroyed. You can’t be a little bit invincible or invincible in some situations.  You are invincible or you are not.

By your rationale, St Johnstone were invincible since Christmas in all games apart from against rangers, Celtic and Aberdeen.

You are undefeated in the league.  A fine achievement, well done. However, as far as I’m aware, and I haven’t looked up the spfl rules on this so might well be mistaken, but I’m pretty sure it does not give you the right to change the meaning of words. Nor Celtic when they went domestically undefeated.

Spoiler

2 trophies > 1 trophy

😁

13 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Only by thick c***s.

Invincible means incapable of being defeated or destroyed. You can’t be a little bit invincible or invincible in some situations.  You are invincible or you are not.

By your rationale, St Johnstone were invincible since Christmas in all games apart from against rangers, Celtic and Aberdeen.

You are undefeated in the league.  A fine achievement, well done. However, as far as I’m aware, and I haven’t looked up the spfl rules on this so might well be mistaken, but I’m pretty sure it does not give you the right to change the meaning of words. Nor Celtic when they went domestically undefeated.

Reveal hidden contents

2 trophies > 1 trophy

😁

Atleast it's not Random Guy blethering on about stats tbf.

1 hour ago, Forever_blueco said:

The invincible stuff does seem to have people fuming so I shall from this moment forward overuse it to f**k 

Its called a difference of opinion. Fuming would be more like trashing your own city and booting f**k out your own fans imo.

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

Only by thick c***s.

Reveal hidden contents

2 trophies > 1 trophy

😁

I agree with you though, that was mainly my point, people change the meaning of the word depending on what argument they want to make.

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

Its called a difference of opinion. Fuming would be more like trashing your own city and booting f**k out your own fans imo.

Never knew Celtic were fuming after the treble treble

in saying that lennon has just accepted the job full time while wearing his shower cap so understandable 

Edited by Forever_blueco

33 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Never knew Celtic were fuming after the treble treble

in saying that lennon has just accepted the job full time while wearing his shower cap so understandable 

You are trying hard, i'll give you that.

22 hours ago, AmericanFan said:

I can't imagine there would be much shame losing in the third round or the playoffs to a good opponent. Be interesting to see how the draw shakes out.

On another note, has anyone heard from @G51 lately?  @The_Kincardine  @AJF

Haven't seen him for a while.

However, on our flag-raising weekend - when our celebrations were the talk of the country - he was posting up a storm so I suspect he's recharging his batteries.

I hope we see him back when we've some transfer news and begin thinking of our CL qualification.

Obvious nonsense rumour to be honest.
I agree, openly supports Rangers so would obviously be linked for the click bait but even the slightest suggestion made me chuckle.