Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

8 minutes ago, bennett said:

Just stop the digital blackface.

So what if I used my face instead? Would you still accuse me of digital blackface despite being half black? 

11 minutes ago, big al said:

A Celtic fan is complaining about other fans sectarian singing?

Yes which I’m allowed to do so long as I’m consistent. 👍

6 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Just a pub full of Celtic fans up jiving on the dance floor to a tune wishing someone’s death. 

Just the standard whataboutery from Forever_bigot.

Grow a set, once you have the courage to actually condemn the shit on your own side then you get to do this but the very fact you felt this is the most appropriate response only underpins the fact you are part of the problem.

And that video is disgusting and out of fucking order, each and every single person participating in it is just like you 

2 hours ago, AJF said:

I see the Record are running an article tomorrow digging up old tweets from prominent members of the Rangers fan media group, Heart and Hand.

I’ve seen online that a couple of them include referring to Celtic as beggars and another tweet where someone stated android phones are for the homeless and gypsies. Earth shattering stuff.

It seems the tabloid media are not liking fan media now being favoured at Ibrox.

You can chuck in the liberal use of sectarian terms from several of them too. The Record haven't even mentioned them, but the actual podcast account has tweeted out at least two blatantly homophobic jokes in the past few years too.

Who would have guessed that people involved in a podcast named after a line from a loyalist song might not be the most liberal thinkers?

3 hours ago, AJF said:

I see the Record are running an article tomorrow digging up old tweets from prominent members of the Rangers fan media group, Heart and Hand.

I’ve seen online that a couple of them include referring to Celtic as beggars and another tweet where someone stated android phones are for the homeless and gypsies. Earth shattering stuff.

It seems the tabloid media are not liking fan media now being favoured at Ibrox.

Here is the story, turns out they’re massive misogynist, bigots 

Police have launched a probe into hate-filled tweets sent from accounts held by members of Rangers ’ new media partner.

The social media accounts linked to three leaders of the Heart and Hand website make references to “tarriers”, “papes”, “Romanists”, “bead rattlers” and “beggars” – terms deemed to be highly offensive to those with Irish or Catholic backgrounds.

Offensive tweets targeting women are also being looked at by police.

Rangers brought in the Heart and Hand Podcast as “Official Media ­Partners” to replace mainstream media outlets this season, meaning press conferences with manager Steven Gerrard are conducted by fans instead of journalists.

But Police Scotland is examining a list of tweets posted from accounts operated by three of the podcast’s management team, who were recently issued with press passes by the club.

A police spokesperson said: “Police Scotland has received complaints regarding posts circulating on social media in respect of comments said to be made by individuals appointed as official media partners at RFC.

“Inquiries into these complaints continue although at this time no criminality has been established and the matter has been recorded as ‘hate incidents’.

Among the tweets being examined by police are those by Heart and Hand blogger Cammy Bell.

He has boasted of being good friends with Rangers PR chief David Graham, who is also described on the Heart and Hand website as being “part of the team”.

In a tweet from July 2017, Bell abuses former Rangers captain Barry Ferguson, whose wife is a Catholic.

Bell, using the handle @Beatthatbeat, wrote: “Barry Ferguson continues to sully himself by mixing with tarriers.”

Bell has used the word “tarrier”, an offensive term for a ­Catholic, as recently as last December.

His tweets are also peppered with references to “papes”, “beggars”, “bead rattlers” and Romanists”.

Right hand man for Cammy Bell on the Heart and Hand podcast is Ian Hogg, whose Twitter handle ­@vanderhogg has carried misogynistic abuse.

Referring to a woman ­associated with Celtic who has tweeted about anti-sectarianism, he posted: “The rancid bitch deserves anything she gets. Like herpes from (name omitted).”

Hogg makes various references to “mongs” and “spazzies”.

He also refers to a Twitter user he has a disagreement with, tweeting: “This c*** deserves a*** raped by someone with HIV.”

Hogg also made sickening comments about the death of the gay lawyer Paul McBride in 2012.

In tweets from the @ibroxrocks Twitter handle, where Heart and Hand founder David Edgar has posted selfies and referred to himself in the first person, reference is made to Celtic fans as “beggars”. He also makes derogatory references to “gypsies”.

The source who reported the abuse to police came to the Daily Record when the tweets remained even after Heart and Hand announced its “Official Media Partner” status.

Plastered on Twitter over several years, the content seems to be at odds with Rangers’ Everyone Anyone ­initiative – aimed at increasing ­inclusiveness.

The whistleblower told us: “Some of these tweets are beyond offensive. They are ­absolutely disgusting.

“Rangers presents itself through the Everyone Anyone campaign as an inclusive club that welcomes people from all backgrounds but that’s ­contradicted by giving people like this exclusive access to their manager, players and executives in press ­conferences and interviews.

“If Rangers are really serious about that campaign then they should ­terminate their official partnership with this podcast.

Labour MSP Paul Sweeney called for the Heart and Hand management to have their press passes at Ibrox suspended while police carry out inquiries.

He said: “The comments made in these social media posts are atrocious. It’s bewildering that such views are still held in the 21st century and we need to call them out, and cannot simply be dismissed as banter.

“The recently launched Everyone Anyone campaign at Rangers is one that I warmly welcome. It commits to sending ‘a clear message of inclusion, togetherness and zero-tolerance to all forms of discrimination – on and off the pitch’. If Rangers are serious about their commitment to opposing all forms of discrimination, that policy should also apply in this instance, as all right-minded fans will surely agree.

The very least that should be expected from Rangers FC while an investigation takes place is a ­suspension of any media passes given to those who face the allegations.”

After the Record contacted Heart and Hand for a response, the Twitter accounts of Ian Hogg and Cammy Bell were quickly taken down.

The @ibroxrocks handle, operated by David Edgar, remained open and was used to issue an apology, admitting “some of the historic tweets are ­regrettable”.

He tweeted: “Having sought legal advice, we have been advised that the tweets in question do not pass the threshold for any further action to be taken.

“We do, once again, apologise should anyone interpret the tone or content of the tweets to be offensive.

“It is obvious that these are not representative of the values and ethos of our beloved 150 year old club.

“We have spearheaded a number of campaigns for social justice and are proud of the diversity of our contributors who come from all backgrounds.”

Edited by Clown Job

13 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Cammy Bell 😂

I worked with this arsehole, can’t imagine this will go down well 😬

Poor Barry Ferguson 

Apparently his achievements on the pitch captaining the club means very little to some because he’s married a catholic 

At least him and Alex Ferguson have something in common I suppose