Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

37 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Yeah I know but that’s not what you originally suggested though what you posted above is a completely different take

It seems the organisers aren’t too happy though and refute Rangers claims as to the reasons for their withdrawal citing they have bowed to fan pressure alone which means they are likely to try impose a penalty 

That’s exactly what I posted. Winning the Red Star game will bring in more than double the Oz money

Ticket sales alone will bring in roughly the same as the Oz fiasco 

That’s before you take into account the losses by fan boycotts.

Then you also have to add on what we will earn from whatever event we replace it with. 

It’s utter nonsense to suggest Rangers are losing £2 million or anywhere near that amount 

As for the reasons given by Rangers. Does anyone actually believe they would have withdrawn without the fan outcry? Not a chance!

Hopefully , for Rangers sake, there is some truth in their statement regarding breaches of contract.

15 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Apparently it is

If it upsets you that much then here is how you can complain 

Clicky

Good luck

It doesn't upset me....I'm correct and whoever 'clicky' is is not. I've been using the term 'Old Firm' with varying degrees of 'affection' for over 50 years and doubtless will continue to do so as it's the most apt description of the seedy cartel and unholy alliance that has moulded Scottish football to its own whims for over a century.  

41 minutes ago, AB1872 said:

As for the reasons given by Rangers. Does anyone actually believe they would have withdrawn without the fan outcry? Not a chance!

All the reasons given in the statement were horsesh*t. The reason for pulling out is the fan backlash and that alone. 

The board need a boot up the backside in any case. Too many ridiculous mistakes recently. That joke statement in reaction to what Club1872 said and they've messed up the chartered flights for Braga away as well.

3 hours ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

So it's hilarious because you've got a fantasy in your head that we were doing a friendly to keep the lights on. 

Excuse me for not pishing myself. 

At least keep it believable like it's funny seeing the fans get wound up and raging **** and u-turns etc.. 

Thanks for your reply.

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

Of no relevance in the real world, young Mr Ball.....where 'Old Firm' means "satirical term used to highlight how two, supposedly bitter rivals, have merged into one entity for the purpose of corrupting Scottish football for their own financial benefit".  Now if Celtic have trademarked that.......fair play to them !

4 hours ago, kennie makevin said:

The phrase 'Old Firm' really isn't 'yours' to trademark and certainly it is not for Celtic and Rangers to decide who can or can't use it any more than Celtic and Rangers can decide who does or who does not use the term 'Bigotry Brothers' , for example. These are examples of terms coined down the years by others about Celtic & Rangers not terms coined by Celtic & Rangers about themselves. In short, the term 'Old Firm' is ours, the outsiders looking in; and it is what we call you......you (Celtic & Rangers) do not get a say in the matter.

Going by this they are joint owners of the old firm trademark. 

https://trademarks.ipo.gov.uk/ipo-tmcase/page/Results/1/UK00002264673

40 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

Of no relevance in the real world, young Mr Ball.....where 'Old Firm' means "satirical term used to highlight how two, supposedly bitter rivals, have merged into one entity for the purpose of corrupting Scottish football for their own financial benefit".  Now if Celtic have trademarked that.......fair play to them !

Just admitting you were wrong would have sufficed tbh

Just had a call from a mate who works in Edinburgh Airport saying a new shop unit being refurbished has "Castore" all over the protective hoardings hiding the work going on inside.  Does this mean that there's going to be a The The Rangers store flogging their expensive tat to the Magaluf-bound loyal ??   Or, will it be full of Newcastle United black and white tat ??

Anyone know if this is right or if there's a similar store in Glasgow Airport and they're branching out to capture the cash of the east coast berrs  ??

Thought these airport-based shops were all seen as being the up market types.