Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

I did try tell you there would be no fans at Celtic Park for this game. 

The rule says a reasonable number of tickets need to be made available but what if that number is in fact 0? What determines what is reasonable and what isn’t? 

And I didn’t dispute it, I just said they’d be breaking an SPFL rule in doing so and we’d need to see how that panned out. Turns out the SPFL will bend over for you 😅

Our statement mentions that the SPFL agreed that offering 0 tickets was unreasonable. I am assuming that a reasonable number is determined by the information Celtic were asked to provide and subsequently refused to do so.

ETA: I doubt there will be any other clubs as petty as ourselves to engage in it, however this does seem to send a message that clubs can just refuse clubs away tickets with no repercussions if they just choose not to engage with the SPFL and not provide them with requested information.

Edited by AJF

5 minutes ago, AJF said:

I doubt there will be any other clubs as petty as ourselves to engage in it, however this does seem to send a message that clubs can just refuse clubs away tickets with no repercussions if they just choose not to engage with the SPFL and provide them with requested information.

Aye. This is why, without reading too much of the story as frankly its all a bit pathetic, its in everyone's interest for Rangers to win here.

Theres definitely clubs outwith the OF *glances at Hearts* who would be quite happy to cut away supports for all but a few games if they could. If the SPFL make it clear that such action would be allowed then these clubs will try it.

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

I did try tell you there would be no fans at Celtic Park for this game. 

The rule says a reasonable number of tickets need to be made available but what if that number is in fact 0? What determines what is reasonable and what isn’t? 

I think zero rangers fans is a reasonable number as well.  If all clubs did the same and had zero Rangers fans it would become unreasonable to suggest otherwise.  

I wouldn’t be surprised if this exactly what both clubs want out of this.  Easier for them to manage on a match day and easier for the polis as well. 
And they can both make statements that appeal to their own fan base who will spend forever arguing about who is to blame. Win for both.

15 minutes ago, charlie king mvp said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if this exactly what both clubs want out of this.  Easier for them to manage on a match day and easier for the polis as well. 
And they can both make statements that appeal to their own fan base who will spend forever arguing about who is to blame. Win for both.

Both club boards will have had discussions on this privately. Everything else played out in the media is just for show. 
After all both clubs agreed on the “Old Firm” trademark.

“The Intellectual Property Office states that Celtic and Rangers are the registered joint owners of the terms "Old Firm" and "The Old Firm".
The Intellectual Property Office website states: "Trademark has been renewed on 02/03/2021“. 

Even the SPFL and the SFA are complicit in promoting the special atmosphere of bigotry, hatred and sectarianism to gain sponsorship and tv revenue. 

16 hours ago, itzdrk said:

I think zero rangers fans is a reasonable number as well.  If all clubs did the same and had zero Rangers fans it would become unreasonable to suggest otherwise.  

I think Rangers should return Celtic’s policy and not allow any Rangers fans into the home fixture.  

23 hours ago, AJF said:

And I didn’t dispute it, I just said they’d be breaking an SPFL rule in doing so and we’d need to see how that panned out. Turns out the SPFL will bend over for you 😅

Our statement mentions that the SPFL agreed that offering 0 tickets was unreasonable. I am assuming that a reasonable number is determined by the information Celtic were asked to provide and subsequently refused to do so.

ETA: I doubt there will be any other clubs as petty as ourselves to engage in it, however this does seem to send a message that clubs can just refuse clubs away tickets with no repercussions if they just choose not to engage with the SPFL and not provide them with requested information.

Hard to break a rule where the parameters aren’t specific as reasonable can indeed mean zero 😂

Secondly you say Celtic refused to produce evidence in time but it says failed to which isn’t actually a refusal, accuracy is important 😉 The Rangers statement also contradicts itself by saying Celtic didn’t supply enough evidence which suggests Celtic didn’t refuse anything. It also doesn’t specifically state if there was a fixed deadline for Celtic to do so and if that deadline was set by the SPFL or is it just when Rangers wanted it by?

I see Celtic have now responded 

https://www.celticfc.com/news/2023/december/19/celtic-football-club-statement/

Edited by Jinky67

5 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Hard to break a rule where the parameters aren’t specific as reasonable can indeed mean zero 😂

Secondly you say Celtic refused to produce evidence in time but it says failed to which isn’t actually a refusal, accuracy is important 😉 The Rangers statement also contradicts itself by saying Celtic didn’t supply enough evidence which suggests Celtic didn’t refuse anything. It also doesn’t specifically state if there was a fixed deadline for Celtic to do so and if that deadline was set by the SPFL or is it just when Rangers wanted it by?

I see Celtic have now responded 

https://www.celticfc.com/news/2023/december/19/celtic-football-club-statement/

Eh? The SPFL deemed the offer of 0 tickets to be unreasonable, which breaks their rule which states a reasonable number of away tickets must be made available.

Failed to provide/refused to provide. Tomayto/tomato.

29 minutes ago, AJF said:

Eh? The SPFL deemed the offer of 0 tickets to be unreasonable, which breaks their rule which states a reasonable number of away tickets must be made available.

Failed to provide/refused to provide. Tomayto/tomato.

The SPFL haven’t made any statement on it as far as I’ve read so until they do I’ll take Rangers version with a considerable dose of salt especially as it can’t get its own story straight 😂

Edited by Jinky67

21 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

The SPFL haven’t made any statement on it as far as I’ve read so until they do I’ll take Rangers version with a considerable dose of salt especially as it can’t get its own story straight 😂

I’m not sure what part you believe is contradictory but reverting to “0 tickets may be reasonable and just because Rangers said the SPFL said it was unreasonable doesn’t actually mean they believe it’s unreasonable” is a weird hill to die on.

I’m not naive to the wider picture that Celtic are looking at here, but to suggest offering 0 tickets as even potentially being reasonable is, quite frankly, ridiculous.

Edited by AJF