Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

2 hours ago, The DA said:

I thought money was tight and you had to sell before you could buy?  Transfermarkt shows you bringing in 4M euros but spending 8M.

Clement's comments about having to sell before we could buy came after the signings we made near the beginning of the window (Jefte, Barron, Igamane we paid a fee for, with Nsiala and Kelly joining for free). So it seems that we would've had a relatively small sum available for transfers for these players, and once that was used, then we have had to wait to shift people out before bringing more in.

I am also assuming a large chunk of that 8M will be for Diomande who was signed last season on loan with obligation to buy.

18 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

30yr old centre half and a 31yr old midfielder. Loads of resale value there. 

Similar to above, Clement has been quoted saying we have brought in players so far that are viewed as those we want to develop for the future. Now that they are in, he has said we will be focussing on bringing in experience. Rangers eye 'experience' for rest of window - Philippe Clement - BBC Sport

If you consider who we have signed permanently under Clement thus far:

• Diomande - 22
  • Cortes - 20
  • Barron - 21
  • Nsiala - 20
  • Jefte - 20
  • Igamane - 21
  • Kelly - 28

There seems to be a clear focus on our transfer strategy of buying younger players to develop. Now, he has said we need to bring in experience, which is why we are seeing people like Cerny (26) coming in on loan, and links with players like Propper and Van Ginkel.

Edited by AJF

Still nothing on tickets for Hampden yet? 

Weirdly half tempted to go along next Saturday but wondering where the f**k the away end will be/what the allocation will be?  I also wonder what the ticket prices will be.  I assume Rangers will look to claw back as much of the hiring costs from mug punters as they can.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

Clement's comments about having to sell before we could buy came after the signings we made near the beginning of the window (Jefte, Barron, Igamane we paid a fee for, with Nsiala and Kelly joining for free). So it seems that we would've had a relatively small sum available for transfers for these players, and once that was used, then we have had to wait to shift people out before bringing more in.

I am also assuming a large chunk of that 8M will be for Diomande who was signed last season on loan with obligation to buy.

Similar to above, Clement has been quoted saying we have brought in players so far that are viewed as those we want to develop for the future. Now that they are in, he has said we will be focussing on bringing in experience. Rangers eye 'experience' for rest of window - Philippe Clement - BBC Sport

If you consider who we have signed permanently under Clement thus far:

• Diomande - 22
  • Cortes - 20
  • Barron - 21
  • Nsiala - 20
  • Jefte - 20
  • Igamane - 21
  • Kelly - 28

There seems to be a clear focus on our transfer strategy of buying younger players to develop. Now, he has said we need to bring in experience, which is why we are seeing people like Cerny (26) coming in on loan, and links with players like Propper and Van Ginkel.

Haha, developing Barron!? You certainly vastly improved Scott Wright, he turned into a powerhouse in a matter of weeks.

I love how you make it sound as if Sevco are planning for the future rather than just scrambling about picking anyone they can muster (and afford).

There's on clear focus at Sevco, more likely to be planning more for furnishing Edmiston House than your squad.

4 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Haha, developing Barron!? You certainly vastly improved Scott Wright, he turned into a powerhouse in a matter of weeks.

I love how you make it sound as if Sevco are planning for the future rather than just scrambling about picking anyone they can muster (and afford).

There's on clear focus at Sevco, more likely to be planning more for furnishing Edmiston House than your squad.

That’ll be the hope anyway. Barron is young and seems to have potential so Rangers will hope to get the most out of that potential as possible.

I think the signings we’ve made under Clement, his quotes on the matter and Bennett’s admission that we must have a much better player trading model shows that there has been a shift in our transfer policy somewhat.

Budget will obviously dictate a lot, but if we take Igamane, Diomande, Jefte and Cortes as an example of the players we have paid a fee for (or are obligated to pay a fee for next summer, in Cortes’ case), it’s not a case of them simply being cheap. Diomande and Cortes both have fee obligations of about €4m.

43 minutes ago, Desp said:

Still nothing on tickets for Hampden yet? 

Weirdly half tempted to go along next Saturday but wondering where the f**k the away end will be/what the allocation will be?  I also wonder what the ticket prices will be.  I assume Rangers will look to claw back as much of the hiring costs from mug punters as they can.

Nothing released officially as yet. We were able to get in and see where our season tickets had been allocated to in Hampden, but that was withdrawn pretty quickly. So I’d imagine it’ll be imminent if they have now gone through the process of allocating assigned seats.

If I had to guess based on where I’ve been allocated and knowing where others are going, I think the away section will be in or around sections G6/G7 in the East Stand.

Edited by AJF

22 minutes ago, AJF said:

Nothing released officially as yet. We were able to get in and see where our season tickets had been allocated to in Hampden, but that was withdrawn pretty quickly. So I’d imagine it’ll be imminent if they have now gone through the process of allocating assigned seats.

If I had to guess based on where I’ve been allocated and knowing where others are going, I think the away section will be in or around sections G6/G7 in the East Stand.

Saw a few on social media downright raving they’re in the “Celtic End.”

Pretty funny.

New contract for the gaffer. Seems as though both parties are committed to a long appointment. I just hope they give him the required time and resource to make it a success. Going from Clement’s comments it’ll be a gradual process he expects to take time.

17 minutes ago, AJF said:

New contract for the gaffer. Seems as though both parties are committed to a long appointment. I just hope they give him the required time and resource to make it a success. Going from Clement’s comments it’ll be a gradual process he expects to take time.

Seems to tie in with what the chairman was saying on his video presentation.

Easier said than done in the environment of the level of expectations at Ibrox.

8 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

Seems to tie in with what the chairman was saying on his video presentation.

Easier said than done in the environment of the level of expectations at Ibrox.

Yeah. The cynic in me also has a suspicion that this is a bit of a sweetener for Clement after he revealed the board hadn't kept their side of the bargain.

Both parties seem to want him to be there long term anyway, so it is a positive but as you say, talking about how we can be successful is vastly different from actually implementing it.

Bringing in a new manager every season had to stop, nice seeing the manager and the club looking at a long term solution after reports of animosity between them.

The fans will need to show patience and not kick off if we're behind in December. Right now we're all full of good intentions.

1 hour ago, bennett said:

The fans will need to show patience and not kick off if we're behind in December. Right now we're all full of good intentions.

Not really known amongst Rangers fans, is it?  I mean, fair play for giving Clement a long term deal and coming out publicly to say they want long term planning, but do you really have confidence in the Board to hold firm if say, you're 18 months down the line, Celtic get a Treble this season and you're 8 points behind by Christmas 2025?

There is no short term fix for Rangers, it's remarkable how many Rangers fans still don't realise this (I'm fully aware those who post on here pretty much do realise it, so not a pop at them).

I think Rangers really need to take a few years off the short term thinking and plan for 3 or 4 years down the line.

Edit: Clement to be gone by March.

Edited by Busta Nut