Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

“So Dons fans, what was your most enjoyable piece of transfer business this window? Was it the captures of Keskinen or Mitov? Or maybe receiving a record transfer fee for Miovski?”

”Actually, it was Rangers selling Scott Wright to Birmingham City…”

1 hour ago, AJF said:

“So Dons fans, what was your most enjoyable piece of transfer business this window? Was it the captures of Keskinen or Mitov? Or maybe receiving a record transfer fee for Miovski?”

”Actually, it was Rangers selling Scott Wright to Birmingham City…”

Is being very sensitive taught as an old firm fan or is it built in the genes? 

8 hours ago, bennett said:

That seems like an awful lot of money for someone who isn’t going to be much more than a supplemental player.  Not sure what the plan is.  

Am I correct in viewing the current situation with respect to Phillipe Clement is splitting the Ibrox fanbase? Some think changing the manager is required and other accept it won't make a difference. Rangers can't get to where they want to go in the foreseeable future, money is a limiting factor. 

Any discussion around the manager is pointless. Rangers fans are venting negative emotional energy: disappointment, frustration and so on, but it's just engaging in misery. Any Rangers fans wanting to change the manager or any Rangers fans who're upset with what the players are producing on the pitch isn't being realistic about the position their club is in. 

Even the board are trying to clean up a mess created years ago. It's a shit situation for Rangers, but why does there always have to be someone to blame? I've always hated that about fans. 

Edited by 2426255

4 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Am I correct in viewing the current situation with respect to Phillipe Clement is splitting the Ibrox fanbase? Some think changing the manager is required and other accept it won't make a difference. Rangers can't get to where they want to go in the foreseeable future, money is a limiting factor. 

Any discussion around the manager is pointless. Rangers fans are venting negative emotional energy, disappointment, frustration and so on, but it's just engaging in misery. Anyone Rangers fan wanting to change the manager or feeling disappointed with what the players are producing isn't being realistic about the position their club is in. 

Even the board are trying to clean up a mess created years ago. It's a shit situation for Rangers, but why does there always have to be someone to blame? I've always hated that about fans. 

I’d say he is getting his fair share of criticism but most of the anger is being directed at the board.

You’ll see some calling for him to go but on the main it’s a case of people feeling he has been let down. And if you think the board are blameless or are somehow trying to clean up a mess they never created then I think you have the wrong end of the stick.

It’s also silly to suggest that what we’ve served in terms of performances in these matches should not be disappointing to the fans. Teams with much less resources than ourselves have done much better than we have against Celtic in recent times.

Edited by AJF

This is just the after effects of the desperate over spend to stop 10 in a row. The following seasons champions league money didn’t cover the amounts loaned to stop their rivals winning the 10. 
The board at Sevco has never learned from their Rangers predecessors, and the mismanagement all started again with the ridiculous spend to win league 2 then league 1 against Stranraer etc. and all the semi pro teams. 
An absolute shambles of an organisation that have even made Ibrox look like a sports direct shop with that horrible blue boarding outside the ground at 1 of the corners. 
Let’s pray they don’t even end up runners up this season and let the rest of the country continue smiling. 
Oh and the videos surfacing aggressively verbally attacking the captain and the manager etc. tells its own story. Keep it up ‘peepul’.

There’s a story today that rangers net spend this summer was close to £12m. 

Thats quite insane based on 1) how shit they are and 2) how they’ve been pleading poverty all summer. 

By far and away the biggest spenders. 

15 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

There’s a story today that rangers net spend this summer was close to £12m. 

Thats quite insane based on 1) how shit they are and 2) how they’ve been pleading poverty all summer. 

By far and away the biggest spenders. 

I think about £4.5m of that was our obligation to make the Diomande loan permanent.

The remaining £8m or so has been spent on 5 new players, so an average of £1.6m per player.

It’s certainly a luxury in comparison to 10 other sides in the league, but it’s not going to help us catch up with Celtic if you compare the value of our signings to theirs and the large turnover of players we needed.

6 minutes ago, AJF said:

I think about £4.5m of that was our obligation to make the Diomande loan permanent.

The remaining £8m or so has been spent on 5 new players, so an average of £1.6m per player.

It’s certainly a luxury in comparison to 10 other sides in the league, but it’s not going to help us catch up with Celtic if you compare the value of our signings to theirs and the large turnover of players we needed.

From what you’ve seen so far, do you think any of the new players are any good ? Or do you think Clement has spent £12m on crap ?

I keep hearing chat at work around Barron but I’ll be honest, I’ve never seen it with him and Aberdeen are certainly not missing him.

7 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

From what you’ve seen so far, do you think any of the new players are any good ? Or do you think Clement has spent £12m on crap ?

I keep hearing chat at work around Barron but I’ll be honest, I’ve never seen it with him and Aberdeen are certainly not missing him.

It’s hard to say with a couple of them. As an example Cortes signed last January but has probably made less than 10 appearances for us due to a couple of bad injuries he has picked up.

Igamane a summer signing made his debut yesterday with 10 minutes to go.

Bajrami and Kasawanjiro came in on deadline day so no idea what they are like and Nsiala was brought in as a development player so hasn’t featured for the first team either.

Barron has by far been the best signing thus far but seems he is being left to do the job of two people as he is constantly left isolated against 2 or 3 midfielders when our attacks break down.

Cerny had a good full debut against Motherwell but looked completely lost yesterday. I don’t have much faith in him being anything special.

Propper similarly had a poor game yesterday but has had his start disrupted by injuries too.

I think that only leaves Jefte unless I am missing anyone else (other than Kelly as backup GK) and he has been a mixed bag of good and very bad.

Edited by AJF

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

It’s hard to say with a couple of them. As an example Cortes signed last January but has probably made less than 10 appearances for us due to a couple of bad injuries he has picked up.

Igamane a summer signing made his debut yesterday with 10 minutes to go.

Bajrami and Kasawanjiro came in on deadline day so no idea what they are like and Nsiala was brought in as a development player so hasn’t featured for the first team either.

Barron has by far been the best signing thus far but seems he is being left to do the job of two people as he is constantly left isolated against 2 or 3 midfielders when our attacks break down.

Cerny had a good full debit against Motherwell but looked completely lost yesterday. I don’t have much faith in him being anything special.

Propper similarly had a poor game yesterday but has had his start disrupted by injuries too.

I think that only leaves Jefte unless I am missing anyone else (other than Kelly as backup GK) and he has been a mixed bag of good and very bad.

I'm confused as to whether Cortes, Igamane, Bajrami, Kasawanjiro, Nsiala, Cerny, Propper and Jefte came through your academy and much-vaunted B team, or if they're ingredients in an exotic curry?