Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

Flicking around YouTube just now and came across “Old Firm documentary German TV 1974”. Willie Waddell is interviewed as Rangers Director and General Manager and out comes this. “People eat and sleep Glasgow Rangers. Supporters go home on a Saturday night and if the Rangers lose they give their wife a bashing about. It’s more than just a focal point to hang their supporting instincts on, it’s part of their life. They grew up with it.” All said with a matter of fact tone of voice and a smile on his face.

48 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Flicking around YouTube just now and came across “Old Firm documentary German TV 1974”. Willie Waddell is interviewed as Rangers Director and General Manager and out comes this. “People eat and sleep Glasgow Rangers. Supporters go home on a Saturday night and if the Rangers lose they give their wife a bashing about. It’s more than just a focal point to hang their supporting instincts on, it’s part of their life. They grew up with it.” All said with a matter of fact tone of voice and a smile on his face.

This is exactly the kind of content this thread was designed for. Thank you. 

10 hours ago, kingjoey said:

10 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

This is exactly the kind of content this thread was designed for. Thank you. 

I’m not entirely sure who’s whooshing who here but you do realise the content (that I’ve not seen) seems 50 years old? 

Spoken by a man who’s probably recollecting the previous 40 years of experience? Influenced by the stories of even his elder generation? 

I'm fairly sure a good/poor catch on the trawler may well have had a similar outcome from those times?

No doubt some statto will be along to try and debunk but I don’t think that sort of viewpoint even close to reality these days. A lazy trope of continuing to perpetuate a fallacy by lending it credence. 

46 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

I’m not entirely sure who’s whooshing who here but you do realise the content (that I’ve not seen) seems 50 years old? 

Spoken by a man who’s probably recollecting the previous 40 years of experience? Influenced by the stories of even his elder generation? 

I'm fairly sure a good/poor catch on the trawler may well have had a similar outcome from those times?

No doubt some statto will be along to try and debunk but I don’t think that sort of viewpoint even close to reality these days. A lazy trope of continuing to perpetuate a fallacy by lending it credence. 

Well defended.

On 12/09/2024 at 13:20, alta-pete said:

This is gold.
Claiming domestic violence is a fallacy then refusing to be proven incorrect by facts.

It's also deeply offensive to women and my mother was a woman, so that's enough Follow Follow for today.

The Board of Rangers Football Club today announces Chairman, Bennett, is stepping down with immediate effect for health reasons.

The Board wants to sincerely thank John for his service and significant commitment over the last nine years and wishes him a full and speedy recovery. It is requested his and his family’s privacy is respected at this time.

Former Director, John Gilligan, will temporarily fulfil the role of Chairman until a permanent replacement is appointed.

3 hours ago, stressball said:

The Cadbury’s advert spoof where it’s the gorilla with the sons of Larkhall drum will forever be my favourite 

Of the later ones it has to be Greta's parents and a bit older, Chick Young and the Alania Vladikavkaz team.