Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

Is this item 3 or item 4 from the P&B book of tropes?  You're becoming a master of saying nothing.

Just in replying to you to be fair. Fire with fire and all that.

1 minute ago, sjc said:

How many were coming on as sub?

Signing a pacey, counterattacking forward when you play against teams that sit in against you suggests a problem with your Clubs scouting and the managements thought process in signing him

But, but.... if O'Halloran can succeed at St Johnstone there should be no excuse for him failing at Rangers, right?.............

1 minute ago, thepundit said:

But, but.... if O'Halloran can succeed at St Johnstone there should be no excuse for him failing at Rangers, right?.............

I never said that. I happen to agree that being at a bigger Club brings different pressures as well as playing in a team that plays a completely different style of football. 

I wanted to know how much of a chance he's really been given. Starts, run of games etc as opposed to 5,10,15 mins here and there as a sub.

4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It is still football though. I would say pressure is vital as you said.

No matter what Caixinho has made anera of this and you need to get rid of him pronto.

A total diddy.

I've been away and not watched the past couple of games so I find it difficult to comment.  I do find it interesting the Garner, Waghorn, Wee Barrie and MOH are doing well in their new clubs.

It's cheap posting to say 'they weren't good enough for Rangers' but there is also some truth in this.  How is it they can perform elsewhere but not at Ibrox?

Just now, sjc said:

I never said that. I happen to agree that being at a bigger Club brings different pressures as well as playing in a team that plays a completely different style of football. 

I wanted to know how much of a chance he's really been given. Starts, run of games etc as opposed to 5,10,15 mins here and there as a sub.

About half of them were sub appearances.

From the stands you get the sense if a player has been given a fair chance though. My opinion, and I'm sure most other Rangers fans would agree, he had enough chances to impress and didn't.

I was making excuses for him for the longest time. But yeah, at some point you just have to concede it was a poor signing.

6 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I've been away and not watched the past couple of games so I find it difficult to comment.  I do find it interesting the Garner, Waghorn, Wee Barrie and MOH are doing well in their new clubs.

It's cheap posting to say 'they weren't good enough for Rangers' but there is also some truth in this.  How is it they can perform elsewhere but not at Ibrox?

You do make decent points. I think they may be doing well at their new clubs due to Pedro's lack of man management skills.

I could be wrong though.

4 minutes ago, thepundit said:

About half of them were sub appearances.

From the stands you get the sense if a player has been given a fair chance though. My opinion, and I'm sure most other Rangers fans would agree, he had enough chances to impress and didn't.

I was making excuses for him for the longest time. But yeah, at some point you just have to concede it was a poor signing.

Fair enough. Given his style of play I can see why it hasn't worked out for him. 

Just now, Cerberus said:

Tommy Wright knows how to get the best out of MOH. Funnily enough, not playing him at right back then saying he's shite is No 1.

That's random guy levels of exaggeration.

5 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Tommy Wright knows how to get the best out of MOH. Funnily enough, not playing him at right back then saying he's shite is No 1.

Don't think he ever played RB for Rangers.

Mostly up front in a 4-3-3

16 minutes ago, sjc said:

Fair enough. Given his style of play I can see why it hasn't worked out for him. 

He thrives in acres of space.

Short supply at Rangers.

Baffled by the comments of Rangers fans who say we don't play against teams camped in, I doubt most could name our strongest eleven yet the all know exactly how our games go. We'll just ignore the fact that every goal O'Halloran has scored for us this season has featured at least five opposition players goalside of him..

He played 1,911 minutes (21 games) for them, and got three goals and six assists, meaning he contributed a goal or assist every 200 minutes. It's hardly brutal stuff.

Worth noting Rangers fans still claim he's a striker who's best at getting in behind defences, despite watching him for two years, he's never been that player, I think you all just created a vision of him in your mind that he was never going to match.

7 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Baffled by the comments of Rangers fans who say we don't play against teams camped in, I doubt most could name our strongest eleven yet the all know exactly how our games go. We'll just ignore the fact that every goal O'Halloran has scored for us this season has featured at least five opposition players goalside of him..

He played 1,911 minutes (21 games) for them, and got three goals and six assists, meaning he contributed a goal or assist every 200 minutes. It's hardly brutal stuff.

Worth noting Rangers fans still claim he's a striker who's best at getting in behind defences, despite watching him for two years, he's never been that player, I think you all just created a vision of him in your mind that he was never going to match.

Not like The Rangers fans to not have a fucking clue about the teams and players who play in the same league as them. They better hope their coaching staff have more of a clue or they may even struggle to make the Europa first round qualifiers this season.

Not like The Rangers fans to not have a fucking clue about the teams and players who play in the same league as them. They better hope their coaching staff have more of a clue or they may even struggle to make the Europa first round qualifiers this season.

You can hardly blame them, they've only been in it for 1 season. Give them a break.

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

Sevco do St Johnstone a huge favour and how do St Johnstone fans repay us.....

8 hours ago, thepundit said:

Don't think he ever played RB for Rangers.

Mostly up front in a 4-3-3

He thrives in acres of space.

Short supply at Rangers.

Ah. That's why he is no use. A football pitch being less than two acres.

Thanks.