Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

6 hours ago, thepundit said:

I think it'll take some of the atmosphere away from derby games though. But it's all about getting as many fans as possible for every game rather than ensuring a full house twice a season.

Think Sky will be raging about this, they like to sell this match as one of the biggest derbies it the world and revel in  the whole carnival(hate fest) What's left is just another match with a small amount of away fans with a side helping of sectarian singing.

7 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

Think Sky will be raging about this, they like to sell this match as one of the biggest derbies it the world and revel in  the whole carnival(hate fest) What's left is just another match with a small amount of away fans with a side helping of sectarian singing.

They'll just turn up the microphones near the Celtic fans.

16 hours ago, bennett said:

How much will it raise for them clever Tony?

12 hours ago, Lebowski said:
15 hours ago, Spring Onion said:
Surely they will earn less as a season ticket cost per game is less than an away fans price for a ticket. 

I mean, they've already passed their renewal date, does anyone seriously think they'll be including the Celtic game on season tickets they've already sold at a presumed discount? I'd say no fucking danger. They'll be punting the tickets for the same 50 quid they were charging Celtic fans to their ST holders.

If they don't up grade the fans in the broomy they will lose about £375.000 for each game,fag packet calculation 

Edited by wastecoatwilly

Guest JTS98
22 hours ago, dirty dingus said:

That's my take on it as well. It'll definitely dilute the sense of 'occasion'.

Hearts and Hibs have an agreement in place to continue to give each other a full stand (except when they fail to sell the tickets), which meant that Hibs kept the full Roseburn at Tynecastle even when the allocation for the OF was cut. It's an important part of the derby feel.

I hate watching El clasico because the away team has a tiny pocket of fans hidden away up in the gods and you can hear a pin drop when they score.

See also Newcastle and Sunderland for that shitey behaviour.

Away teams in a big game need to have a big noisy end making plenty noise to add to the occasion for neutral viewers.

2 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

I hate watching El clasico because the away team has a tiny pocket of fans hidden away up in the gods and you can hear a pin drop when they score.

Away teams in a big game need to have a big noisy end making plenty noise to add to the occasion for neutral viewers.

Celtic Vs some new team is hardly a big game Sir.....

3 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

f**k neutral viewers, including myself when I watch something.  

3 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

I'm sure the FA have brought out a rule on that and the away fans are no longer allowed to be tucked way up high out the road. Could be wrong but I'm sure I saw that somewhere...

I'm sure the FA have brought out a rule on that and the away fans are no longer allowed to be tucked way up high out the road. Could be wrong but I'm sure I saw that somewhere...
They have to allocate at least a certain % of pitchside tickets.

17 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

They did and they gave the promoted teams an extra season to implement it.

Newcastle are still not doing anything about it for next season and I've a feeling this 1 will run for a while.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
18 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

They have to allocate at least a certain % of pitchside tickets.

Ok cheers

Agreed. A bigger away support is always better. The OF game at Ibrox looks fantastic because of the Celtic fans in the Broomloan.

See also the Dundee derby. They wouldn’t be the same if there was only 800 away fans there (or any derby tbf).

1 minute ago, Cerberus said:

Statement time-
https://Rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/chairman-calls-for-second-independent-investigation/

What's he on about?

I doubt anyone will listen to the c**t.

I assume it is to do with the stories about Murdoch MacLennan working for a company that Dermott Desmond owns a significant number of shares in.

King appears to be getting ever more desperate in his attempts to stoke the Rangers fans up. I wonder why?