Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

It looks like a 'Stevie Gerrard doesn't have a license' thread has been pulled on the John James site.  There are recent comments on the left of the home page pointing to a page that can't be found.  Seems to be headed 'Steven Gerrard - the sou...'.

I can guess that the incomplete word might be 'soup' but did anyone manage to read the whole thing before it was pulled?  Was JJ telling porkies or has he had a visit from someone?

I have no ill feelings towards this reincarnation oddball,just a city rival like the jags, Steve G has made no promises, just to win football matches, there is no loyalty in the game any more so this is a catch 22 with Steve G in charge, if he does well he will be off just like Warburton and  if it goes bad either way hes off,will give him two years at the most either way.
The St Mirren manager and the Livingston manager are a prime example.

No ill feelings.

That is simply an out and out lie.

20 hours ago, The DA said:

Ach, there was an Oor Wullie strip back in 74 that had him tittering away.

Titter ye not.

Anyone else a wee bit uncomfortable with getting a laugh out of using photos of guys who probably (in today's language)  "have issues" ?

23 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Right you are

article-2481474-191C044A00000578-782_306x442.jpg.3cd76d600a8f64fc62ebf35c20cdcb3c.jpg

5 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Titter ye not.

Anyone else a wee bit uncomfortable with getting a laugh out of using photos of guys who probably (in today's language)  "have issues" ?

Don't think it's a photoshop

43 minutes ago, The DA said:

It looks like a 'Stevie Gerrard doesn't have a license' thread has been pulled on the John James site.  There are recent comments on the left of the home page pointing to a page that can't be found.  Seems to be headed 'Steven Gerrard - the sou...'.

I can guess that the incomplete word might be 'soup' but did anyone manage to read the whole thing before it was pulled?  Was JJ telling porkies or has he had a visit from someone?

I read it, looked like it was written by a two year old.  

1 hour ago, The DA said:

It was probably disenfranchised.

2 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

That will be a "no" from you, Bohemian. 

I presume you find it just as funny when people have a dig at Lennon's mental health.

I think I'm going to find your mental issues funny.  

43 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

f**k up ya dick. You wouldn't be able to post a picture of any *** b*****ds in that case.

Oooooft. Bad day at work Tam ?  Pour youself a wee drink. Sit down. Stroke the dog and take a few deep breaths. There. Now, what's really troubling you ?

Still think it's not nice to use guys with issues for a cheap gag. Of course, I don't know for sure that any of the 3 do have issues - just my wild guess.

I wonder what Sevco decisions he had a say in....

BREAKING NEWS
@ScottishFA director Gary Hughes will not seek re-election to the board at Wednesday's AGM, following controversy last month over a 2006 interview where he described #Rangers fans as "the great unwashed" 

1 hour ago, Dindeleux said:

Sevco supporters

Oh right.  Strange way to talk about us.

Anyway, it is fucking pathetic that Gary Hughes feels the need to resign over a quip made 12 years ago - but that's the current climate in Scottish football.  We have a leadership vacuum at the top in both the SFA and the SPFL so, in the absence of anyone with either nous or balls, we give in to the rabble and are governed by gossip, rumour, sweety-wifery and the offended.

I feel a touch of embarrassment that our fans have played a part in Hughes' resignation.  We should, really, be more broad-shouldered than this.  The Scottish football zeitgeist, though, militates against this.

Edited by The_Kincardine

43 minutes ago, bennett said:

I wonder what Sevco decisions he had a say in....

BREAKING NEWS
@ScottishFA director Gary Hughes will not seek re-election to the board at Wednesday's AGM, following controversy last month over a 2006 interview where he described #Rangers fans as "the great unwashed" 

He was one of those who voted/spoke out against having another look at title stripping. Not exactly a “Sevco moonhowler” or obviously biased against Rangers.

From that point of view Rangers fans should be careful what they wish for. The whole financial meltdown, liquidation and restart in the 4th tier happened with the authorities loaded with Rangers minded individuals. Perhaps “unconscious bias” there let the club slip further down the path they followed than others would have allowed. Might have saved a whole lot of banter in the process...

19 minutes ago, Ross. said:

He was one of those who voted/spoke out against having another look at title stripping. Not exactly a “Sevco moonhowler” or obviously biased against Rangers.

Not true, the SFA after bringing in expert legal advice concluded that it was impossible to reopen any title stripping enquiry. If they could have...

The guys comments made his independent position at the SFA untenable.