Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

I don't have any difficulty at all in saying that Rangers is a very big club, because it is one.
And besides, playing that down makes their continuing failure less funny.
B&M store is a massive shop. Doesn't mean it isn't stuffed with shite, staffed by mutants and attended by the dregs of society.

MT is right here.

Crowd doesn't define size, otherwise Dortmund, Schalke and Benfica are amongst the "elite" clubs in European football.

Those are all big clubs, surely? Bigger than Palace anyway. If you think Dortmund aren’t big then I can’t help you.

3 minutes ago, Daydream said:

Those are all big clubs, surely? Bigger than Palace anyway. If you think Dortmund aren’t big then I can’t help you.

Would you call Benfica/Schalke "one of the biggest clubs in World football"?, like Rangers fans claim their club is.

29 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Would you call Benfica/Schalke "one of the biggest clubs in World football"?, like Rangers fans claim their club is.

TBF I'm not arguing that.  I'm just saying that Rangers (and Celtic) are "big" clubs.   In my view a clubs 'bigness' can be based largely on their attendances and has nothing to do with their budget and wealth, nor their ability to compete on a continental/world level.  

Therefore (IMO) Rangers are bigger than Palace/Burnley but smaller than Real Madrid, Barca and Dortmund etc.  

1 hour ago, Daydream said:

TBF I'm not arguing that.  I'm just saying that Rangers (and Celtic) are "big" clubs.   In my view a clubs 'bigness' can be based largely on their attendances and has nothing to do with their budget and wealth, nor their ability to compete on a continental/world level.  

Therefore (IMO) Rangers are bigger than Palace/Burnley but smaller than Real Madrid, Barca and Dortmund etc.  

Not to mention Kerala Blasters and Wydad Casablanca.

On 11/25/2018 at 23:02, The_Kincardine said:

3 league games in Nov and 3 wins.  Well done us.  December is going to be a long month.  League fixtures are:

01/12/2018 15:00 Heart of Midlothian v Rangers
05/12/2018 19:45 Rangers v Aberdeen
08/12/2018 15:00 Dundee v Rangers
15/12/2018 15:00 Rangers v Hamilton Academical
19/12/2018 19:45 Hibernian v Rangers
22/12/2018 15:00 St. Johnstone v Rangers
26/12/2018 15:00 Rangers v Hibernian
29/12/2018 15:00 Rangers v Celtic

How many points would be realistic?  I'd say 15 at most.

Well we got 15 but did it the hard way.  Can't complain about losing to Dolly but the draws vs bottom 6 cannon-fodder verged on the criminal.

Good to see Kent playing well today and we've got 3 weeks to get the players rested and back to their best.

Well we got 15 but did it the hard way.  Can't complain about losing to Dolly but the draws vs bottom 6 cannon-fodder verged on the criminal.
Good to see Kent playing well today and we've got 3 weeks to get the players rested and back to their best.

Yep, think 15 was a decent call Kinc, and the six we should have taken against Hibs, would see us looking good at the top after today’s result albeit having played a game more. Easy to say in hindsight I suppose, but if we’d just shown the same urgency as today, we would have breezed past them. The team have clearly responded to Gerrard’s demands following recent performances, can he keep the motivation and momentum there now?

7 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Yep, think 15 was a decent call Kinc, and the six we should have taken against Hibs, would see us looking good at the top after today’s result albeit having played a game more. Easy to say in hindsight I suppose, but if we’d just shown the same urgency as today, we would have breezed past them. The team have clearly responded to Gerrard’s demands following recent performances, can he keep the motivation and momentum there now?

Frustrating month which actually included two of our best league performances.  We should have scored hunners at Easter Road and dozens at Ibrox today.  BUT joint top of the league going in to Jan?  Should have been better but not a bad outcome.

13 minutes ago, thepundit said:

Steven Davis set to join Rangers and Sky Sports saying today that Rangers are favourites to sign Jermaine Defoe.

I doubt we'll sign Defoe.  He hasn't an MBE.

Edit for making a c**t of it.  He has an OBE.  Come home Jermain!

Edited by The_Kincardine

Two quality signings if they do join. Celtic fans seem to think they're going bring in some top players in January and run away with the league so I don't think they'd be too encouraged at the fact Rangers are apparently trying to sign two Premiership players.