Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

2 hours ago, nsr said:

All that shows is that Celtic fans only care about winning as long as it involves beating Rangers, and vice versa.

The rest of Scottish football literally could not care less which one of them outdoes the other.

I think what the comments from Lennon and Deila show is that football fans in general didn't think Celtic had a challenge and therefore their achievements were somewhat diminished. 

I mentioned the TV companies also but you didn't really respond to that point. If memory serves they wanted to pay a lot less unless Rangers games were included. And even then it was on reduced terms was it not? Also, didn't the league have no sponsor for two seasons whilst Rangers weren't in the league?  If the league didn't lose any value, why did this happen?

2 minutes ago, thepundit said:

I think what the comments from Lennon and Deila show is that football fans in general didn't think Celtic had a challenge and therefore their achievements were somewhat diminished. 

I mentioned the TV companies also but you didn't really respond to that point. If memory serves they wanted to pay a lot less unless Rangers games were included. And even then it was on reduced terms was it not? Also, didn't the league have no sponsor for two seasons whilst Rangers weren't in the league?  If the league didn't lose any value, why did this happen?

I imagine a lot of that was down to the fact Neil Doncaster, who negotiates those deals, publicly said Scottish football would die if Rangers weren't put in the second tier.

Unsurprisingly, every sponsor he approached either rejected him, or ripped the absolute pish with the money they offered.

Hes to blame for that, nobody else.

4 minutes ago, thepundit said:

Look there is no nice way to say this, you weren't missed, deal with it.

3 hours ago, thepundit said:

I mentioned the TV companies also but you didn't really respond to that point. If memory serves they wanted to pay a lot less unless Rangers games were included. And even then it was on reduced terms was it not? Also, didn't the league have no sponsor for two seasons whilst Rangers weren't in the league?  If the league didn't lose any value, why did this happen?

You measure value in a different way from some of us.

Well it's been a quiet week in Sevconia and a bit of a mixed one at that on the park.  We played some tidy stuff for half an hour against Dundee but we let them off the hook and 4-0 was a poor return.  On the plus side, I suppose we owe them that for 'stealing' Kamara for £50k.  "Hit the ground running" has never been a more apt phrase - and he and Jack look like they've been playing together for years rather than 4 games.

Has anyone watched any of the GoPro reviews the club's been doing on the Youtube channel?  Here's the one from Dundee:

You have to be a fucking mentalist to be a goalie!

Off the park, our minority shareholder and club chairman has satisfied the takeover panel  so that's another irritation dealt with.

So to The Ewe Camp on Sunday (Not for me, obviously.  I'll stick with my £5.99 ticket for Rangers TV).  The Rampant Accies pretty-much cemented our position as vice-champions with their demolition of Aberdeen but Sunday's cup match will be different.  Here's The Gaffer:

With most neutral observers recognising that at LEAST four of them are pretty much worthless.
Because Rangers were financially fucked? Surely a few of your own club's 9IAR are similarly tainted as Celtic were a financial basket case for a portion of that time?

27 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:
On ‎28‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 19:27, RedRob72 said:

With most neutral observers recognising that at LEAST four of them are pretty much worthless.

Because Rangers were financially fucked? Surely a few of your own club's 9IAR are similarly tainted as Celtic were a financial basket case for a portion of that time?

No. Because they were cheating with dual contracts

On 01/03/2019 at 18:58, RandomGuy. said:

I imagine a lot of that was down to the fact Neil Doncaster, who negotiates those deals, publicly said Scottish football would die if Rangers weren't put in the second tier.

Unsurprisingly, every sponsor he approached either rejected him, or ripped the absolute pish with the money they offered.

Hes to blame for that, nobody else.

He's partially to blame, but negotiating a TV deal on the same terms or higher whilst Rangers weren't in the league seems an impossible job for anyone. This clearly shows the league was devalued. 

On 01/03/2019 at 18:58, nsr said:

Because TV companies are catering for people who'd rather sit on their arse at home than actually go to games. Non-Cheek supporters tend to go to games.

The money is still distributed amongst all 12 clubs regardless so your point, despite being inaccurate, isn't really relevant anyway.

1 hour ago, thepundit said:

The money is still distributed amongst all 12 clubs regardless so your point, despite being inaccurate, isn't really relevant anyway.

ALL 12 clubs?  I thought 42 comprise the structure of which Rangers are a part?  And it's not as if it's distributed evenly, is it now?

Anyway, don't you think even OF fans need competitions involving lots of clubs to lend their clubs' fixtures some  meaning?

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Hardly comparable, they were close to the wire, but didn’t suffer the ignominy of actually going bust, weren’t liquidated, dropped into the bottom tier or lose almost their *entire squad.

(*which in itself perhaps makes our current resurgence as a Football Club even more remarkable)

3 hours ago, thepundit said:

I'm not sure why you've suddenly brought up the distribution of money. I thought you were talking about the TV companies showing less interest in the Scottish top flight after Rangers died and before Sevco made their first appearance there. My point was that this is due to the TV companies' primary audience being lazy arseholes who'd rather sit at home and watch one or both Cheeks on telly rather than go out to watch a local team.