Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

On 19/04/2020 at 21:03, sugna said:

I don't see how he can request any action without providing any evidence. I can't imagine there's a mechanism for that.

On 19/04/2020 at 21:20, The DA said:

I'd assume they'd need to pass an ordinary resolution (75% thingy) to approve this independent review.  They'd also need to formalise the basis of that review even if it's as simple as 'we think you broke the rules as follows...'.

If I were the SPFL I would ask Park to piss or get off the pot.  That he won't indicates to me that his material is pretty weak.

However, there's enough evidence already for an inquiry to be called even if the whistleblower material is pish.

18 hours ago, bairney said:

Ooft! Sevco fans are being urged on an official online forum to buy season tickets for next season

That's a cracking opening sentence.  I was all agog when I read it.

Turns out to be just a thread on FF.  What a damp squid.

8 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

If I were the SPFL I would ask Park to piss or get off the pot.  That he won't indicates to me that his material is pretty weak.

However, there's enough evidence already for an inquiry to be called even if the whistleblower material is pish.

There is more than a hint of Rangers playing to their particularly oddball gallery here.

No issue with calls for an investigation but publicly naming individuals and the 'we have evidence but we're not sharing until we get our way' is particularly pathetic as per usual.

I might actually find myself agreeing with them if they didn't indulge in all this grandstanding and shit stirring.

7 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

There is more than a hint of Rangers playing to their particularly oddball gallery here.

No issue with calls for an investigation but publicly naming individuals and the 'we have evidence but we're not sharing until we get our way' is particularly pathetic as per usual.

I might actually find myself agreeing with them if they didn't indulge in all this grandstanding and shit stirring.

Over all I agree with you except, perhaps, the naming of individuals.  When you have a farce of a ballot overseen by a man paid by Celtic's directors, legal advice given by a man paid by Celtic's lawyers plus the lamentable Doncaster phoning your chairman before the end of the ballot saying his vote wasn't needed then it is clear that none of those three can have any role in an inquiry expect to be partly subject to it.  

Edited by The_Kincardine

5 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

If any CEO or chairperson felt bullied or intimated or led they're in the wrong jobs.
Apart from the self-interest and the blame game the pettiness of the playground isn't needed.

5 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Over all I agree with you except, perhaps, the naming of individuals.  When you have a farce of a ballot overseen by a man paid by Celtic's directors, legal advice given by a man paid by Celtic's lawyers plus the lamentable Doncaster phoning your chairman before the end of the ballot saying his vote wasn't needed then it is clear that none of those three can have any role in an inquiry expect to be partly subject to it.  

The ballot was overseen by the board that was elected by the clubs, no? Surely the very fact there is links to Celtic among one or two individuals is only an issue for the moonhowlers? Unless I'm missing something, I don't know the details of what you reference.

I listened to Cormack's interview and I didn't get the impression that Doncaster had acted out of turn in communicating that. Seems to have been portrayed as something more than what it was.

10 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

The ballot was overseen by the board that was elected by the clubs, no? Surely the very fact there is links to Celtic among one or two individuals is only an issue for the moonhowlers? Unless I'm missing something, I don't know the details of what you reference.

I listened to Cormack's interview and I didn't get the impression that Doncaster had acted out of turn in communicating that. Seems to have been portrayed as something more than what it was.

I also listened to Cormack's interview.  If him being called by Doncaster before he voted to be told his vote didn't matter isn't acting, 'out of turn', then we have different standards of probity.

Edited by The_Kincardine

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

I also listened to Cormack's interview.  If him being called by Doncaster before he voted to be told his voted didn't matter isn't acting, 'out of turn', then we have different standards of probity.

Cormack himself didn't seem too fussed by it, and Les Gray seemed to intimate that the conversation was about something else with a 'oh by the way, the resolution has been passed in the Premiership'.

Anyway, we're splitting hairs and I'm coming across as an apologist for the SPFL. I don't doubt they've made an arse of this and it needs looked at. I'm less convinced by accusations of bullying and acts more sinister than incompetence.

If Rangers know otherwise and they want this to be played out in the public arena then they need to support their claims, not whip up division and hostility.

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Cormack himself didn't seem too fussed by it, and Les Gray seemed to intimate that the conversation was about something else with a 'oh by the way, the resolution has been passed in the Premiership'.

Anyway, we're splitting hairs and I'm coming across as an apologist for the SPFL. I don't doubt they've made an arse of this and it needs looked at. I'm less convinced by accusations of bullying and acts more sinister than incompetence.

If Rangers know otherwise and they want this to be played out in the public arena then they need to support their claims, not whip up division and hostility.

Again, I'm partly in agreement with you about how we're approaching our desire for an inquiry.  We should be sticking to what's already known rather than dangling the 'whistleblower' card since the entire process was questionable from inception to execution.

Was it entirely incompetence or was there an aspect of partiality to it?  I don't have evidence of partiality.  I would want that to be part of the remit of the inquiry.

All of this enquiry nonsense is just a smokescreen in order that the Rangers fans dont start asking questions about just how skint they are.

This chat will all be irrelevant by July / August when the club implodes and another insolvency event materialises.

15 minutes ago, Green Day said:

All of this enquiry nonsense is just a smokescreen in order that the Rangers fans dont start asking questions about just how skint they are.

This chat will all be irrelevant by July / August when the club implodes and another insolvency event materialises.

If only that were true. We've heard this on and off for a few years now. 

The notion of a club that is a zombie reincarnation of a club that ceased to exist due to financial doping(and that is now itself using a fig leaf to cover a huge black hole in it's finances, in a desperate attempt to avert 10IAR at ANY cost) being a champion of sporting integrity is an amusing one I must say.

Edited by The Chief