Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

2 minutes ago, bennett said:

It's not just the dreaded Sevvies up to no good, we're doing the same thing as any other team would

Bennett, first the good news.  I agree with most of your post that all clubs have self interest at Heart...............however I need to pull you up on this line (basically because its shite).

No club (certainly none that I could think about, including Hearts who are perhaps the worst potentially affected in the Premiership) would be acting like Rangers have over the last few weeks.

This is nothing to do with having a bit of fun at your expense on P&B, its pathetic and childish behaviour from one of Scotlands largest clubs.

13 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Bennett, first the good news.  I agree with most of your post that all clubs have self interest at Heart...............however I need to pull you up on this line (basically because its shite).

No club (certainly none that I could think about, including Hearts who are perhaps the worst potentially affected in the Premiership) would be acting like Rangers have over the last few weeks.

This is nothing to do with having a bit of fun at your expense on P&B, its pathetic and childish behaviour from one of Scotlands largest clubs.

Why? If we disagree strongly with what's happening then we have every right to campaign against it. 

When it comes down to it there's only club with a grievance here who won't be bullied by the spfl over this.  

Obviously I'm biased In  this but then again most opposition fans hardly look favourably on the Sevvies. In Scottish fitba it's rare for anyone to actually be neutral. 

10 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

And that evidence is? 

Do you seriously think that I know the answer to that?

Edited by bennett

1 minute ago, Spring Onion said:

The clubs received a 15 page document. 

Several directors claimed that it was over 100 pages and they had just over a day to read it, Tom English confirmed this.

I suspect that they received both the full document and the condensed version. 

42 minutes ago, bennett said:

Big bad Sevco again.

Yes, Sevco wanted a fair chance at finishing the league which still had a lot to play for with 9 games left.

Hearts wanted a fair chance at avoiding relegation when they had 8 games to play, including games against relegation rivals. 

celtic wanted the title, statements from the captain, manager and CEO confirm this.

Right now Motherwell get third place and a Europa place, maybe at Aberdeen's expense. Burrows would be foolish not to support the spfl here.

Dundee United will want promoted out of the championship despite not winning it.

St Mirren and Hamilton could avoid relegation if the spfl succeeds with this, they'll support the spfl for their own interests. 

I could go on and describe more teams motivations but you get the picture. 

It's not just the dreaded Sevvies up to no good, we're doing the same thing as any other team would.

Yeah,  Celtic 13 points and 25 goals ahead of team with absolutely no form were desperate to end the season, get a grip. I've asked you several times to explain to me how you think sevco would overhall that, never once have you responded.

Its a worldwide Pandemic with absolutely no sign of football being played, again I've asked you how to end the season amicably and again you have failed to give me any response.

Yes there is lots wrong but dont tell me sevco care two jots if Dundee United get promoted or not.. 

Edit: my point is sevco are only doing this to stop Celtic winning the league and to try and dress it up as anything else is utter nonsense.

Edited by Bohemian

Several directors claimed that it was over 100 pages and they had just over a day to read it, Tom English confirmed this.
Which directors?

14 minutes ago, bennett said:

If we disagree strongly with what's happening then we have every right to campaign against it. 

Of course you do - its the statement bingo, allegations of bullying (which nobody, even in private, has corroborated) and this "dossier" which I imagine is less smoking gun and more water pistol.

11 minutes ago, bennett said:

Les Gray was on sportsound a weekend or two back and stated that all clubs received the 15 page document. 

23 minutes ago, Spring Onion said:

The clubs received a 15 page document. 

20 minutes ago, bennett said:

Sevco directors were given ones with pretty pictures in it to help them understand.

10 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Yeah,  Celtic 13 points and 25 goals ahead of team with absolutely no form were desperate to end the season, get a grip. I've asked you several times to explain to me how you think sevco would overhall that, never once have you responded..

A quick search shows that I've answered that several times, you're responses were as expected. 

11 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Its a worldwide Pandemic with absolutely no sign of football being played, again I've asked you how to end the season amicably and again you have failed to give me any response.

Another quick search fails to find that particular question but if you can repost it I'll have a look.  Due to notifications being off I do miss stuff, especially if its busy. 

14 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Yes there is lots wrong but dont tell me sevco care two jots if Dundee United get promoted or not.. 

Edit: my point is sevco are only doing this to stop Celtic winning the league and to try and dress it up as anything is utter nonsense.

You're still missing the point and fixating on Sevco rather than most teams having objectives which in some cases will conflict with other clubs.

Rangers, Hearts, Dundee United,  celtic, St Mirren, Motherwell,  Hamilton,  Partick etc, all have points to make. If you can get away from concentrating solely on Sevco it would make discussion easier. 

9 minutes ago, Spring Onion said:

Les Gray was on sportsound a weekend or two back and stated that all clubs received the 15 page document. 

Tbf Les Gray also runs a company that set up a bank account with one sole authorised user that cost them c.£700k due to gross negligence.

Him arguing with Sevco’s inept board. What could possibly go wrong ??

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Tbf Les Gray also runs a company that set up a bank account with one sole authorised user that cost them c.£700k due to gross negligence.

Him arguing with Sevco’s inept board. What could possibly go wrong ??

There was a 15 page document along with another 11 page explanation re process, etc 

14 minutes ago, Spring Onion said:

No one is denying that they received the condensed document but the devil is in the detail and they'd obviously try to get through the full version in the limited time that was available. 

Edited by bennett
Meh

10 minutes ago, bennett said:

A quick search shows that I've answered that several times, you're responses were as expected. 

Another quick search fails to find that particular question but if you can repost it I'll have a look.  Due to notifications being off I do miss stuff, especially if its busy. 

You're still missing the point and fixating on Sevco rather than most teams having objectives which in some cases will conflict with other clubs.

Rangers, Hearts, Dundee United,  celtic, St Mirren, Motherwell,  Hamilton,  Partick etc, all have points to make. If you can get away from concentrating solely on Sevco it would make discussion easier. 

You have never quoted me directly when I've asked you that question and I dont read all your posts... if its so easy to find any chance you could quote it and post again. Thanks.

I have asked you that question several times also. Seeing how you haven't seen or found it with your wonderful search capabilities, have a go now... how do you think we can end the season playing football?

I have acknowledged already several times yes it's a tough one to take and lots of teams have plenty to play for.. rangers dont and are the least affected by this yet are screaming the loudest like children offering absolutely no solutions only vague threats..

Edited by Bohemian

9 minutes ago, bennett said:

No one is denying that they received the condensed document but the devil is in the detail and they'd obviously try to get through the full version in the limited time that was available. 

You are imagining complexity that didn’t exist - devil in the detail!  The devil is that it didn’t suit a minority of clubs

Edited by Cowden Cowboy

4 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

You have never quoted me directly when I've asked you that question and I dont read all your posts... if its so easy to find any chance you could quote it and post again. Thanks.

I have asked you that question several times also. Seeing how you haven't seen or found it with your wonderful search capabilities, have a go now... how do you think we can end the season playing football?

I have acknowledged already several times yes it's a tough one to take and lots of teams have plenty to play for.. rangers dont and are the least affected by this yet are screaming the loudest like children offering absolutely no solutions only vague threats..

Pointless, absolutely pointless.