Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

2 hours ago, Public menace said:

Your correct, Hagi not signed yet. Though looks like it will be complete soon.

This whataboutery is stupid. You mention would any other clubs be questioned. Can you highlight any other clubs who have their players deferring their wages, yet spending transfer fee, agents fee and signing on fee, on a new player.

Again, if you highlight these other clubs doing this, then we can discuss.

Can you please reread what was said.

No idea if we have.  However, as you'd expect, the east end muppets think we've furloughed players and want wee Krankie to get on the case:

Didn’t a DUP member raise the issue of the premier league being called, to be motioned / discussed in west minister?

8 minutes ago, Public menace said:

Didn’t a DUP member raise the issue of the premier league being called, to be motioned / discussed in west minister?

That was Gregory Campbell who was concerned at the corrupt practices used by the SPFL.  He was right, of course.  Most posters on here, though, seem perfectly relaxed about a rigged vote.

6 minutes ago, Public menace said:

Scottish Labour got in on the act too with Llord Ffoulkes demanding that the Foreign Secretary turn Hearts relegation into an international incident. So far, Elgin City hasn't been unduly affected, so that Scottish Toryboy Linesman can keep his political interventions on the pitch, where they belong...

16 hours ago, Ultra Thistle Bhoy said:

f**k rangers joke club and making a full of themselves as always.

😄

4 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I don't know a lot of the details but Rangers pushing on with a multi million £ transfer during the current situation, whilst players are taking cuts/deferrals seems particularly crass.

Genk might also have been keen to get a deal done ASAP given the current environment.

4 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Every transfer is done in installments nowadays. :huh:

Its more how it gets reported when Rangers are signing someone.

Always presented as a massive deal (see Helander and Kent deals), when in reality you're lucky if they're paying £1m up front.

21 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

That was Gregory Campbell who was concerned at the corrupt practices used by the SPFL.  He was right, of course.  Most posters on here, though, seem perfectly relaxed about a rigged vote.

You need to let that go

5 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Dont see what the big deal is, his transfer was probably agreed last season I'd imagine if his loan period was successful.. life must go on

Have an extremely rare like.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

You need to let that go

I think it's perfectly reasonable to correct a misleading post, no?  And surely it's pretty shameful that an Ulster politician raises a matter of corruption in Scottish football which our own politicians ignored?

Anyway, I was just having a browse through some old match highlights and saw this cracker.  Not Bandy's best day at work.  Hope you enjoy it as much as I did:

4 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I think it's perfectly reasonable to correct a misleading post, no?  And surely it's pretty shameful that an Ulster politician raises a matter of corruption in Scottish football which our own politicians ignored?

Anyway, I was just having a browse through some old match highlights and saw this cracker.  Not Bandy's best day at work.  Hope you enjoy it as much as I did:

It might have been shameful if it was worth raising. 

Enjoy your nostalgic Youtube time. What an absolutely stinking away kit Rangers had then.

28 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

It might have been shameful if it was worth raising. 

Enjoy your nostalgic Youtube time. What an absolutely stinking away kit Rangers had then.

I'm sure it was designed for a rugby league team - absolutely honking. 

To play devils advocate here, is it any different to any other line of business where they have their business not trading , staff members furloughed and taking the opportunity to spend on business improvements i.e refurbishment of premises.
Morally wrong, very possibly but illegal, No.
Not as if being illegal would stop that repugnant mob doing it
Didn't oldco try and sign Daniel cousin after going into admin or am I remembering incorrectly.
So adding to the outgoings whilst not paying the current dues is in the culture or however it's phrased.
I know some places using furlough aren't allowed to pay out bonuses or dividends, I'm not sure if refurbishment would be entirely rules out if it aids social distancing or was preplanned.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its more how it gets reported when Rangers are signing someone.

Always presented as a massive deal (see Helander and Kent deals), when in reality you're lucky if they're paying £1m up front.

Isn't that the norm for all clubs when transfer fees are being reported on in the media?

Not sure why you think paying in instalments is unique to Rangers and not industry standard. 

Maybe the confusion comes from the fact your own club don't spend on transfers??