Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

15 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

He does have a point about Rangers winning the European Cup Winners Cup in 71/72 seeing as they weren't actually the winners of the Scottish Cup the previous season and there being an

ASTERISK

I am sure that the if you know their history brigade will admire your commitment to the cause, Erchie.  They usually post shite gifs or derivative, cliche-ridden gash.  That you didn't makes you a prince among bhoys.

Anyway, I have been watching some Rangers' archive highlights this week and saw this clip of us vs them from 1967.  The only interest, from a St Mirren POV, is a couple of moments of one of your failed managers controlling the ball as only he could:

The more interesting question (for me anyway and for you as an ardent quizzer) is that we signed the goal scorer, Orjan Persson, from Dundee United and that he is reputedly the first DayGlo player in their history to have represented his national team.  Is this something you know?  Maybe our resident Arab could help out.  Polling @The DA

I am sure that the if you know their history brigade will admire your commitment to the cause, Erchie.  They usually post shite gifs or derivative, cliche-ridden gash.  That you didn't makes you a prince among bhoys.
Anyway, I have been watching some Rangers' archive highlights this week and saw this clip of us vs them from 1967.  The only interest, from a St Mirren POV, is a couple of moments of one of your failed managers controlling the ball as only he could:
The more interesting question (for me anyway and for you as an ardent quizzer) is that we signed the goal scorer, Orjan Persson, from Dundee United and that he is reputedly the first DayGlo player in their history to have represented his national team.  Is this something you know?  Maybe our resident Arab could help out.  Polling [mention=38419]The DA[/mention]
Oh dear.

He's away again.

15 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

The more interesting question (for me anyway and for you as an ardent quizzer) is that we signed the goal scorer, Orjan Persson, from Dundee United and that he is reputedly the first DayGlo player in their history to have represented his national team.  Is this something you know?  Maybe our resident Arab could help out.  Polling @The DA

Erm...don't see any future Saints manager in the Celtic team...or the Rangers team for that matter. Davie Provan was Alec Ferguson's assistant manager.

Interestingly, had Orjan a twin brother who also played for Rangers, (much as the de Boers did in the naughties), would they have  chanted "We are the Perssons"?

ETA...watched it again...Alec Ferguson :lol:

Hardly a failure.

Edited by Arch Stanton

15 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Yep, Persson was our first international.  Bit before my time though.  Granny?

I think he missed the dayglo years.

25 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Interestingly, had Orjan a twin brother who also played for Rangers, (much as the de Boers did in the naughties), would they have  chanted "We are the Perssons"?

You start your contrived yer da joke with 'interestingly'...

18 minutes ago, The DA said:

Yep, Persson was our first international.  Bit before my time though.  Granny?

Thanks for not referencing him directly.  We're polluted with enough nutters.

1 minute ago, Public menace said:

Alex Rae really could be the dumbest man in Scotland. Why the choose to put him on the radio, I’ll never know.....

He's almost the archetypal ***. Bald, angry and as thick as f**k. He just needs to put on about 9 stone and he'll be complete. 

Mind you the caller boy there, after starting reasonably well quickly devolved into an utter shambles of a man. A clusterfuck all round tbh. 

He's almost the archetypal ***. Bald, angry and as thick as f**k. He just needs to put on about 9 stone and he'll be complete. 

Mind you the caller boy there, after starting reasonably well quickly devolved into an utter shambles of a man. A clusterfuck all round tbh. 

True. The caller was a dribbling mess also, but still managed to school auld Alex.

When your best reply to being accused to accepting payment without paying tax on it, is “aye well Martin O’Neil says it was won fairly”, it’s time for a lie down in a cool dark room.

Why radio stations pay for ex players (mostly ex old firm) to appear on them and give their opinions is beyond me. The vast majority couldn’t recite the alphabet.

1 hour ago, Public menace said:

Why radio stations pay for ex players (mostly ex old firm) to appear on them and give their opinions is beyond me. 

I presume so that you, the empty-headed Jupe and sundry brain-dead diddies love it so much that that you come on here and post about it. I even saw a link to the broadcast with timings for the savoury bits.

Looks to me like you are very much their target audience and are reveling in it.

6 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I presume so that you, the empty-headed Jupe and sundry brain-dead diddies love it so much that that you come on here and post about it. I even saw a link to the broadcast with timings for the savoury bits.

That was me. I never listen to Radio Clyde because it panders to bigots from both sides of the divide with little of interest to anyone else.

The catalyst to the "savoury timing" was me finding  "Alex Rae" trending on twitter and the subsequent curiosity as to how he most recently had made a c**t of himself.

Looks to me like you are very much their target audience and are reveling in it.

Again, being labelled a brain dead diddy, from someone who licks beer mats is a compliment. I would actually questions my own set of beliefs and core values if you agreed with any of my opinions.

I wouldn’t want to draw comparisons or label you a hypocrite, but pretty sure I’ve seen posts from you and like minded folks about some “opinions” for a Mr Chris Sutton that have had you foaming at the mouth.

Discuss....

It's funny.  The cringingly moralistic, "yer club pyoor cheated, oh and they're deid btw" brigade of bombasts can type many tens of thousands of posts of sententious dreck about a situation that was thoroughly investigated and appropriate punishments handed out.  Yet when their own clubs are willfully misled by the footballing authorities and one, even, is made complicit in manipulating a ballot there is suddenly nothing to see.   They don't even want said authorities to be investigated.
Very strange people.
Concomitant

Fantastic stuff. You really are the most easily triggered *** on P&B [emoji23]