The Official Dundee United 2016-17 Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Four games down in the league and we probably should have been looking at 8 points rather than 5 (early season I wouldn't be expecting to win every game). We had a fairly kind opening set of fixtures but looking at the next four games - Dunfermline Away, Falkirk Away, Morton Home, Hibs Away we have a pretty tough run there. Realistically we should be taking points from Dunfermline given their poor start (I thought they would be doing so much better). A point away at Falkirk wouldn't be a disaster but we should be taking three from Morton at home. Hibs away I expect us to lose to be honest. 

I would be playing a mixed side against Peterhead next week but given the games are a week apart I would also hope that McKinnon continues with the majority of the first team. We need to keep the core of the squad playing every week. Two or three new faces before the Dunfermline game would be great.

Maybe I'm one of life's optimists or an unreasonable b*****d but I don't think anything below 10 points from those opening games was acceptable.

Spent much of the hour we were dominated at home by Raith fucking rovers yesterday wondering if we are actually any better than last year?

Firmly in the get Donaldson to f**k camp now.

He's making horrendous mistakes and is obviously absolutely done.

He either needs an arm around the shoulder and given a good few games rest and some intensive training orbhe needs punted big time. 

Maybe I'm one of life's optimists or an unreasonable b*****d but I don't think anything below 10 points from those opening games was acceptable.

Spent much of the hour we were dominated at home by Raith fucking rovers yesterday wondering if we are actually any better than last year?

Show some fkin respect to "Raith fucking Rovers", you arrogant hoor.

I shan't. They are a tiny team that have less fans than an ice hockey team that have won one trophy in their otherwise unremarkable existence.

By contrast United Euro giants capable of taking 30,000 fans so a game who have a storied history festooned with trophies and international caps.

We were toyed with by Raith yesterday but I'm sure you will agree that I can't accept it should be so.

Thanks for understanding.

I shan't. They are a tiny team that have less fans than an ice hockey team that have won one trophy in their otherwise unremarkable existence.

By contrast United Euro giants capable of taking 30,000 fans so a game who have a storied history festooned with trophies and international caps.

We were toyed with by Raith yesterday but I'm sure you will agree that I can't accept it should be so.

Thanks for understanding.

Euro giants [emoji3]
You were excellent in Europe but you will never be euro giants. Now, Dundee, they ARE euro giants, massive club compared to you upstarts.

Your lack of respect for one of Scottish footballs grand old clubs disgusts me and I place a curse on you and yours. Ya fanny. X

Teams shaping up nicely, need a couple of strikers still tho, and maybe another attacking player winger/creative. As well as a centre half and right back.

Defence is looking strong, hopefully it plays well.

Seemed like a man that knows what he's talking about ..??

Archived