The Official Dundee United 2016-17 Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, dregs 83 said:

What's the criteria for this? Blokes he got along with or who he thought were the best players?

It is his eleven so it is a mixture of the two really. He spoke about dozens and dozens of players who could have made it but it is natural he goes for guys that he knows best and many who were part of the 2008-2010 time at the club. The ArabZone people insisted he included himself.

My 11 of his time (and the players at the height of their ability) would probably be - 

Pernis

Dillon

Webster

Dods

Kalvenes (left back is ridiculously hard when you think of Roberston and Dixon first time round)

Flood

Gomis

Conway

Armstrong

Gauld

Ciftci

Subs (cheating) - 

Zaluska

Hunt

GMS

Daly

Russell

Robson

Robertson

It is difficult though (and as I said last night, incredibly depressing)

It is his eleven so it is a mixture of the two really. He spoke about dozens and dozens of players who could have made it but it is natural he goes for guys that he knows best and many who were part of the 2008-2010 time at the club. The ArabZone people insisted he included himself.
My 11 of his time (and the players at the height of their ability) would probably be - 

Pernis
Dillon
Webster
Dods
Kalvenes (left back is ridiculously hard when you think of Roberston and Dixon first time round)

Flood
Gomis

Conway
Armstrong
Gauld

Ciftci

Subs (cheating) - 
Zaluska
Hunt
GMS
Daly
Russell
Robson
Robertson

It is difficult though (and as I said last night, incredibly depressing)

Christ you're right it is depressing, I fucking loved kalvenes, what I would do to have him back.

Mine would be

Pernis

Dillon (genuinely struggling to think of another decent right back)
Wilkie
Webster
Robertson

Gms
Robson
Armstrong
Conway

Ciftci
Russell

It's difficult though, players like gomis and bauben weren't technically the best but they were ultimately extremely effective and ultimately the most successful pairing we've had. I'd take any of them back in their prime

We can even it out with a team like -

Szromnik

Duff

Mihadjuks

Van der Meulen

Demel

O'Donovan

Kuhl

Skacel

Oyenuga

Boulding

Feeney

Honourable mentions -

Proctor, Shala, McLean, the entire 2015/16 squad, Tornstrand, Marsh-Brown, O'Brien and Eric Odhiambo. Not forgetting Coll Donaldson either of course.

Szamotulski

Watson - Webster - Wilkie - Robertson

Flood - Armstrong

GMS - Gauld - Conway

Russell

Bit lightweight from middle to front but that shouldn't matter as the other side would never see the ball. Tempted to put Ciftci but you always run the risk of Nadir just ruining the team by trying to do everything on his own. Daly, Dillon, Duff, Demel, Dixon, DRobertson* and DGoodwille* on the bench.

* Pre-rape allegations.

Szamotulski

Watson - Webster - Wilkie - Robertson

Flood - Armstrong

GMS - Gauld - Conway

Russell

Bit lightweight from middle to front but that shouldn't matter as the other side would never see the ball. Tempted to put Ciftci but you always run the risk of Nadir just ruining the team by trying to do everything on his own. Daly, Dillon, Duff, Demel, Dixon, DRobertson* and DGoodwille* on the bench.
* Pre-rape allegations.

Allegations? [emoji849]

Archived