The Official Dundee United 2016-17 Thread

Aaron Mooy who never impressed much at St Mirren a few years back just signed for Man City recently. Players improve over time you know.

I reckon I've got as much chance getting a game for man city as him. I note he's been punted out on loan for a season already. The English championship is a big step up from the spfl top flight. The Aberdeen team for instance is full of players that flopped at that level.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing about him on Google. Is he a random schoolboy or what?

Just about every lad from Next Level Soccer are unheard of schoolboys/ex pro-youth players, very rare to find info on them other than what position they play and their age.  I'm not aware of any of these guys actually making the step up to senior football and making a breakthrough, I could be wrong though.

Agree to disagree then

No matter what job you do moving to a bigger company which offers more potential for yourself and a better wage it is a step up IMO.

Again what can Chelsea offer that Bournemouth can't right now?

How does moving to Utd offer more potential? No one has got a clue how they are going to perform this season or languish in The Championship.

Chelsea can't offer anything footballing wise to a Bournemouth player right now - you made that comparison, not me. If you define a step up as earning more money then your definition of step up varies massively from mine. A step up as a footballer should be moving up a level and testing yourself against a higher standard of player. Toshney is going to be playing against the same shite as he was last season.

Because United are one of the biggest clubs in Scotland, a lot bigger than Raith and with a lot more resources, obviously.

Being one of Scotland's biggest clubs with more resources worked out well for them last season.

They are a laughing stock basket case of a club on a downward spiral. Toshney has moved solely for the cash,nothing to do with 'stepping up' to further his career.

Being one of Scotland's biggest clubs with more resources worked out well for them last season.

They are a laughing stock basket case of a club on a downward spiral. Toshney has moved solely for the cash,nothing to do with 'stepping up' to further his career.

Ok.

Just about every lad from Next Level Soccer are unheard of schoolboys/ex pro-youth players, very rare to find info on them other than what position they play and their age. I'm not aware of any of these guys actually making the step up to senior football and making a breakthrough, I could be wrong though.

Was it the young lad from Cupar that went to AC Milan with them?

How does moving to Utd offer more potential? No one has got a clue how they are going to perform this season or languish in The Championship.

Chelsea can't offer anything footballing wise to a Bournemouth player right now - you made that comparison, not me. If you define a step up as earning more money then your definition of step up varies massively from mine. A step up as a footballer should be moving up a level and testing yourself against a higher standard of player. Toshney is going to be playing against the same shite as he was last season.

Greenied by accident FFS :angry:

A bit quiet in here today, maybe the new design has freaked a few out (I'm not a huge fan of it myself). 

Sounds like we are going to drop interest in Ploj, the Slovenian striker. Probably for the best, if McKinnon has any doubts about signings he should just leave it. I think it will be a more experienced side to play on Saturday at Brechin and one that is closer to the 1st eleven. 

Archived