The Official Dundee United 2016-17 Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope Cammy Smith does well with you guys. There's a player in there, but he needs first team games to fulfil it fully. Looking forward to seeing how he does with you, and receiving back a player who will fit straight into the first team. Huge fan of Smith and I'd have liked him to have been given more of a chance with us. He has a low centre of gravity, good vision and likes to be direct in his running. Definitely best in behind the striker as opposed to up front.

Also shows the good relationship between our clubs behind the scenes. While last season was funny to watch, the sooner you are back, the better. Games against United beat playing teams like Accies, Killie, Motherwell etc.

Bell

Dillo - Toshney - Donaldson - Dixon

Willo - Murdoch

Johnson - Fraser - Spittal

Murray

Subs: Zwick, Smith, Souttar, Smith, Obadeyi, Smith, Durnan. Just need a burly Smith to play centre forward and maybe an experienced Smith to play at centre half and the squad's complete. 

Willo won't be playing Friday said he's injured, smith might play some part though.

Squad's shaping up nicely, just need a striker, dominating centre half and maybe a right back then we will be sorted. I'm looking forward to it!!

I wasn't bothered at all when Willo left for Aberdeen, but he'll do a job at this level no doubt. 

To me, the squad looks about complete - can't see McKinnon bothering with any more defenders - if anything, get rid of Anier and replace with a target man.

gk Bell : Zwick

rb Dillon : (Toshney)

lb Dixon : Robson

cd Donaldson : Souttar

cd Durnan : (Toshney)

dm Murdoch : (Toshney)

cm Flood : Telfer

am Fraser : Coote

rw Spittal : Johnson

lw Obadeyi : B.Smith/M.Smith?

cf Murray : C.Smith : Anier

I presume if we get another striker in Anier will be told to bolt. I don't actually think he'd be the worst option to have in the championship. 

Don't see Cammy smith playing right up top but rather in the no 10 role so it should be fraser who he'll be competing with.

Archived