The Official Dundee United 2016-17 Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forget about offloading Anier ffs. At least he can play at this level, we need to get rid of all the shite we have at the back. That defence will cost us big time if Ray can't get a few boys in. 

Forget about offloading Anier ffs. At least he can play at this level, we need to get rid of all the shite we have at the back. That defence will cost us big time if Ray can't get a few boys in. 
Correct.
That defence will cost us 10-15 goals a season, which is more than you would expect from a second choice striker.
On the subject of Mcallister, I know a boy who played with him at Peterhead, says he's absolute class but is certain he won't go full time

I'm sure from what a mate of mine on twitter said, Dundee tried to get him and got sent their marching orders.

Aberdeens also been turned down by him in the past as well as he's on one hell of a wage up there as well as a secondary decent wage coming in as well. I think only Rangers and Celtic can really afford to offer him enough to tempt him away from part time football..

I believe the issue with McAllister previously was that he wanted to complete his apprenticeship and wouldn't be able to do that with a full time club. Presumably he's finished his apprenticeship now so may be open to giving full time football another shot, knowing that he has his trade to fall back on.

Archived