The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

Looked a good prospect for us when we were in League Two. Went Junior and didn't look the same player when he came back to us at the start of last season but started looking more like the player we knew after Bolo came on loan to play alongside him. 

Still a young man yet so never know. 

4 hours ago, come on shire said:

It's the Little Mix concert.  However, Falkirk are away to East Fife in the League Cup.  Shire are scheduled to be at home to BSC Glasgow at 3pm on Sat but I have doubts that the pitch would be ready in time too, unless they work through the night with the clear-up.

Pitch itself will be fine, just depends where they put the stage, should be built off the pitch to the side, so just a matter of dismantling it. 

I'd have thought that the game would be on a different date if it was going to be an issue. 

1 minute ago, DeeBairn said:

Pitch itself will be fine, just depends where they put the stage, should be built off the pitch to the side, so just a matter of dismantling it. 

I'd have thought that the game would be on a different date if it was going to be an issue. 

The game has been moved to the Sunday at inodrill stadium 3 o c kick off.

Just now, newcastle broon said:

The game has been moved to the Sunday at inodrill stadium 3 o c kick off.

Ah well. First home game at Falkirk Stadium and it's getting played in Alloa. 

Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to Scottish football. 

7 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

Ah well. First home game at Falkirk Stadium and it's getting played in Alloa. 

Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to Scottish football. 

It's now a home game for bsc bud. The shire home game will be played at the falkirk stadium on a later date. 

1 minute ago, newcastle broon said:

It's now a home game for bsc bud. The shire home game will be played at the falkirk stadium on a later date. 

So BSc Glasgow play their home games in Alloa, or is this some wacky SFA ground size nonsense? 

6 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Yip it's a temporary home till they find decent accommodation in Glasgow. 

Seems a well run wee system, hopefully they get something sorted. Bound to be a few local authorities looking for someone to take over a ground in the area. 

3 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

We've switched the home and away games. Our home game will be when BSC's home game would have been.

2 hours ago, Marten said:

Do they actually have any outlook on a new ground any time soon?

Well they train on the training pitches beside Scotstoun stadium. I thought they trained at Alloa too until I went to Scotstoun for a Glasgow Warriors season ticket holders evening and saw the BSC team training...

On 29/06/2018 at 00:19, come on shire said:

We've switched the home and away games. Our home game will be when BSC's home game would have been.

Well they train on the training pitches beside Scotstoun stadium. I thought they trained at Alloa too until I went to Scotstoun for a Glasgow Warriors season ticket holders evening and saw the BSC team training...

Despite some of the jibes on here (from others) we are actually a Glasgow club with all our work & training through the week taking place in Glasgow. It's only first team home games that are played at Alloa. Everything else from youth to U20s, where an SFA sanctioned venue isn't a requirement is played either at Scotstoun or the surrounding area.

Edited by Jerry Macguire
Typo

22 hours ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Despite some of the jibes on here (from others) we are actually a Glasgow club with all our work & training through the week taking place in Glasgow. It's only first team home games that are played at Alloa. Everything else from youth to U20s, where an SFA sanctioned venue isn't a requirement is played either at Scotstoun or the surrounding area.

Ah ok. It'd be good for BSC to move to the Scotstoun campus one day I think as it would offer a sense of home maybe. However I don't know enough to comment in detail. It is what it is I guess.

2 hours ago, come on shire said:

Ah ok. It'd be good for BSC to move to the Scotstoun campus one day I think as it would offer a sense of home maybe. However I don't know enough to comment in detail. It is what it is I guess.

It would certainly be our preference as well. Unfortunately Glasgow Warriors, Glasgow Life and an Orchard are the obstacles that have pretty much scuppered that idea. 

I think Glasgow Life own the stadium as the Warriors had to go 'cap in hand' to them to get the artificial surface put down after the grass turned into a swamp after constant heavy rain a few winters ago lol.

I suppose one idea is if the main stadium is difficult to negotiate then the side pitch where BSC train could be ring-fenced and made into a home. It'd be nice to see you guys back in Glasgow's west end :)

...and slightly amusing for me to visit the Scotstoun campus supporting a visiting team lol.

10 minutes ago, come on shire said:

I suppose one idea is if the main stadium is difficult to negotiate then the side pitch where BSC train could be ring-fenced and made into a home. It'd be nice to see you guys back in Glasgow's west end :)

It's already been looked at. Too many restrictions to make it a viable option.  Seriously the club has looked at every conceivable option. Hopefully that effort will be rewarded soon although I won't be holding my breath. 

Shire v Frickley tomorrow, Thursday, kick off 7pm, Falkirk Stadium. £5 adults / £2 concessions and under 16s. 

Shire Bar in the South Stand will be open for pre and post match drinks and will also house the Club Shop. 

Match programme £2, includes a history of Shire friendlies versus English opposition, starting from Aston Villa in 1886, an interview with Spencer Fearn, latest news plus Nimmo's Notes! 

It's a great read! 

FB_IMG_1530724077034.jpg

FB_IMG_1530358174299.jpg