The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:

Surely university teams are generally poor during the summer holidays?

I wasn't at the game yesterday so can't speak to the quality of either team but in their first two games they got a draw with Spartans and won their midweek game against CSS, which is a decent start to the season.

We had 11 players who were prepared to work, yesterday. Stirling University are a decent side, as their previous results indicate, but Shire blew them away in that first half. We've added more grit to the team and Connor Greene is becoming a better player with every season he plays. The defence is the most solid it's been in years and we always look likely to score......not a bad combination. 

Simon White played the 90 minutes too! 

Edited by Nimmo's Notes

Are Shire permantly at Falkirk stadium? Was it a better deal/relations with Stenny broken down?
I would hope it will be a long term partnership and yes, they're not blood sucking leeches and are actually allowing our club to prosper.

We also dont have to put up with the fitbaw polis in their red jackets which is a delight.

11 hours ago, selfassemblyshire said:

I would hope it will be a long term partnership and yes, they're not blood sucking leeches and are actually allowing our club to prosper.

We also dont have to put up with the fitbaw polis in their red jackets which is a delight.

Wonder what’s he’s doing with himself with his spare Saturday’s now ? 

I've no idea how Adam Murray gets a game for us. He was ragdolled today and we left a much better left back on the bench today then decided not to sign him. Colts had it far too easy down the right hand side and the subs came on far too late.

Poor show from the boys today, need to bounce back with a few wins after this.

13 hours ago, selfassemblyshire said:

I've no idea how Adam Murray gets a game for us. He was ragdolled today and we left a much better left back on the bench today then decided not to sign him. Colts had it far too easy down the right hand side and the subs came on far too late.

Poor show from the boys today, need to bounce back with a few wins after this.

Who was the other left back

Drew was offered a deal but decided to sign for East Kilbride, before they had a manager. When the new manager came in he decided he didn't want Drew. 

He's been away travelling for a few weeks and came back to train with Shire. He's nowhere NEAR being fit enough to play from the start, yet he took the huff at not being an automatic starter. Even his dad was giving him stick about it. 

The sitters we missed in the first five minutes were game changers as it would have given us the opportunity to control the game. Then in typical Shire fashion we go on and concede a few minutes later losing all the momentum we’d garnered early on. Rodgers was ineffective, Murray always out of position, McCafferty went missing in the second half and McCaughie would be an amazing player if he ran at players and took them on instead of looking to cross all the time. Really liked McKee at Centre Half and Del and Simon White worked well in the middle but were no match for big ‘Arnie the Destroyer’.

Suppose the midweek games might have been taken there toll as we looked a bit out on our feet in the last 20 and completely bereft of ideas. Now we just need to carry on and try get some more wins on the board, preferably starting next week at Dalbeattie, but from that viewing I think another season of finishing 2nd-4th looks on the cards.