The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

So managers gone, lost last two games, no youth teams, no community club set up, social media effort is substandard, your back up goalie is punted out on loan to an amateur team to gain game time, you're celebrating a player reaching 100 club goals but that seems to include friendly goals? How tin pot a club are you?
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

1 hour ago, gogsy said:

So managers gone, lost last two games, no youth teams, no community club set up, social media effort is substandard, your back up goalie is punted out on loan to an amateur team to gain game time, you're celebrating a player reaching 100 club goals but that seems to include friendly goals? How tin pot a club are you?

You just wait till your money dries up and you return to being the King Diddies that you've always been.

5 hours ago, gogsy said:

Presumably that means the back up goalie was already only on an amateur contract, which might say something about the budget this year now that there are no more parachute payments? Will be interesting to see what happens with the Shire over the next few seasons. Think they need to find a way (maybe means a sugar daddy in financial terms, basically) to keep being a promotion challenger to maintain the aura of being a former SPFL club fighting to get back or their natural habitat might eventually be more around the same level as Camelon and Dunipace because Bo'ness United and Lithgae have bigger supports and are likely to rise above them in pecking order terms now that they are senior clubs. 

The big thing is that I think we can be confident that there will still be a Shire 10 or 20 years from now with the pyramid very much in place on the east coast and that's a good thing. The example of Edinburgh City shows what a well run wee club with no ground of their own can do in that environment, if they get things right on and off the park.  Don't think many people would have selected them to be the club most likely to blaze the trail where upwards progression is concerned.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

Presumably that means the back up goalie was already only on an amateur contract, which might say something about the budget this year now that there are no more parachute payments? Will be interesting to see what happens with the Shire over the next few seasons. Think they need to find a way (maybe means a sugar daddy in financial terms, basically) to keep being a promotion challenger to maintain the aura of being a former SPFL club fighting to get back or their natural habitat might eventually be more around the same level as Camelon and Dunipace because Bo'ness United and Lithgae have bigger supports and are likely to rise above them in pecking order terms now that they are senior clubs. 
The big thing is that I think we can be confident that there will still be a Shire 10 or 20 years from now with the pyramid very much in place on the east coast and that's a good thing. The example of Edinburgh City shows what a well run wee club with no ground of their own can do in that environment, if they get things right on and off the park.  Don't think many people would have selected them to be the club most likely to blaze the trail where upwards progression is concerned.
Because Gogsy jumps in head first with poor information I'll clear this up.

The goalkeeper he is referring to is only 17 years old and signed from boys club last season. We're not going to be paying big wages anyway but I'd imagine he's delighted to take this opportunity.

We have a 3rd goalkeeper - Iain Ure, who signed from Camelon and has been the no.2 to Jamie Barclay for the last 2 seasons. So he's really on about the 3rd choice and a future prospect.

Financially things will be better for us with the Falkirk Stadium move. Scumhousemanure were bleeding us dry with the absolute disgraceful fees and treatment over the years.

Our season ticket sales are the highest they've been in god knows how long and there is more interest around the club than there has been in a while too.

If that was Iain Ure warming up at half time he's quite short for a keeper.

So was Andy Goram 🤷🏽‍♂️

Which Shire player was Del Ure giving an earful at full time yesterday? It wasn't very pleasant for the young kids who could hear everything.

I’m sure they’ve heard worse from the ‘terracing’. [emoji1360]

I’m sure they’ve heard worse from the ‘terracing’. [emoji1360]
100% mate some of the shouts have been horrendous in the last few seasons.

Nah Iain is about 6ft maybe even taller. There was another young lad in training with us, mightve been him. Iain was doing keepy uppys with the subs at HT.

Not 100% sure who it was either but he mouthed off at the gaffer infront of everyone so he put him in his place.

Yes someone said that it was number 12 but it was not conclusive.
McCaughie improved things when he came on as we then had support for Rodgers as he hasn't got the legs to play lone striker if there are no midfield runners in support.
To me it looks like a new broom is needed to sort the team out.

So that makes it OK. The mascot for the game who's favourite player is Ure witnessed it too. Maybe we should be thinking of making football more family friendly in the 21st century.
Never going to happen. To change that you need to start at the top with the games televised for millions to watch before even thinking about it at our level. If you want to make change start in the stands.

I dont think it'll ever change and I dont think what Derek has done is wrong. I really dont see it as a big issue like people are making it to be.

21 hours ago, gogsy said:

So managers gone, lost last two games, no youth teams, no community club set up, social media effort is substandard...

I was updating the goalscorers today for all thr teams from the weekend and cross checking them with the club websites and Twitter etc. Whilst Kelty's Twitter and video coverage is great I was a bit disappointed with your website being a bit behind with the results and table and current season coming under the header 2015/16. I not criticising as I know personally the time it takes to keep everything up to and am  just enquiring if things will be back up to speed shortly ?

So that makes it OK. The mascot for the game who's favourite player is Ure witnessed it too. Maybe we should be thinking of making football more family friendly in the 21st century.

Yeah, I believe it is ok.

Derek is THE most professional and positive role model I’ve done across in the game.

He is Shire through and through so he is passionate and everyone in the game knows the difficulty of going from teammate to Gaffer so perhaps someone just needed reminded of the new situation.

Mountain out of a molehill for me.