The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

Bit torn about it: on one hand the team had the same problems hampering us time and time again through Sludden's time here (which were very evident last night as well); on the other hand I'm not sure who would do a hugely better job. All the best to him and Mooney anyway.

17 minutes ago, Baxter's Nutmeg said:

Martin Lauchlan must be a certainty for the job? :)

Always respected the way he carried himself in interviews, great lad.

At least he'd be itching to get one over on EK. 

43 minutes ago, drs said:

He gave himself a hard deal at Camelon by falling out with all of the senior players. 

To be fair that was at the hinder end after the Kilwinning tie we should have won down there. But to have started with 6 players after the Danny Smith era and survived super league twice. Last 16 and a quarter final of Junior cup u don't do that by chance. In their first season at shire missed out on league by 3 points where EK went on a freak winning streak

Would be beautifully ironic, after the way the Shire hierarchy were so outraged by his behaviour a few years back [emoji4]
Allegedly he's never been away from watching Shire games since :-)

He was there alot at the tail end of last season before Sludden and Mooney signed on.

He really is a great shout managerial wise but he's not the most liked person at the club after his EK antics.

Not sure how happy the fans/players would be, but im sure some silver wpuld win the fans over.

He was there alot at the tail end of last season before Sludden and Mooney signed on.

He really is a great shout managerial wise but he's not the most liked person at the club after his EK antics.

Not sure how happy the fans/players would be, but im sure some silver wpuld win the fans over.

Well well well. The fickle world of a football fan. After the abuse you gave him week after week on here i would love it to happen. Just to hear you say how great he is[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
At the same time i really dont want it to happen cause he would do a great job.
Everything he lacks in media training he more than makes up for in getting his team playing for him and getting results.
Would be a good apointment for sure.

Well well well. The fickle world of a football fan. After the abuse you gave him week after week on here i would love it to happen. Just to hear you say how great he is[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Everything he lacks in media training he more than makes up for in getting his team playing for him and getting results.

Yeah mate. I never took anything away from the job he did it was fantastic. Everything else I have an issue with.

If he gets it I swear it would be the end of me if he signed big Bazza after the dugs abuse I gave him in the 5-0 game [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I'll be like one if those OF twitters that go viral for changing their opinion on someone like the wind [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

11 hours ago, selfassemblyshire said:

Yeah mate. I never took anything away from the job he did it was fantastic. Everything else I have an issue with.

If he gets it I swear it would be the end of me if he signed big Bazza after the dugs abuse I gave him in the 5-0 game emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

I'll be like one if those OF twitters that go viral for changing their opinion on someone like the wind emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Time to go private and get deleting Selfy :lol:

11 hours ago, johnmc80 said:

Well well well. The fickle world of a football fan. After the abuse you gave him week after week on here i would love it to happen. Just to hear you say how great he isemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Not for me.  Would be doomed to fail before a ball is kicked.  There can't be too many instances where someone hated that much can join a club, get success and win the fans round?

Not for me.  Would be doomed to fail before a ball is kicked.  There can't be too many instances where someone hated that much can join a club, get success and win the fans round?

If he conducted himself in a better manner in the media and actually gave us success then it would probably be easily forgotten by some fans.

Last cup we lifted was the Stirlingshire cup in 2000/01 and it was 1979/80 when we were promoted.

He would give many Shire fans (myself included) a first experience of success in their lifetime and a hangover from hell the following day (or 2).

It wouldn't be my choice but at the end of the day we want the best for our club. Is he the best applicant we'll have? We'll find out soon I'd think.

Personally I'd love to see Derek Ure continue the role for the season. He was always the guy I thoght would replace Sludden. He bleeds the black and white.

Think it was definitely Sluddens time to go. The LL season is short and before we know it we would have had a repeat of last season. I do think that the enevitable will happen and Lachlan will sign as manager considering how apparently interested he was at the start of this season.