The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

Claimed on FitbaNorth.

However he was sent-off for 2 yellows v Annan in 2016-17 (L 1-2) and didn't play v Formartine in 2017-18 (L 0-4).

Read that on Fitbanorth and made me laugh. We really missed Andy when he was suspended at Formartine Utd last season in the Cup and strange that the SFA would have missed it.

Today Andy Rodgers had his best game for a long time in a Shire shirt (not including his disallowed goal). 

Clutching at straws is a bit unbecoming but I wouldn't have thought it will have come from Huntly themselves. It was Shire's day today and for once we really were up for it from the off. Genuinely was expecting a tougher fight in the 2nd half.

1 hour ago, Dead said:

Read that on Fitbanorth and made me laugh. We really missed Andy when he was suspended at Formartine Utd last season in the Cup and strange that the SFA would have missed it.

Today Andy Rodgers had his best game for a long time in a Shire shirt (not including his disallowed goal). 

Clutching at straws is a bit unbecoming but I wouldn't have thought it will have come from Huntly themselves. It was Shire's day today and for once we really were up for it from the off. Genuinely was expecting a tougher fight in the 2nd half.

Interestingly his suspension is dated from 29/10/2017, which was after the Formartine game. Hopefully an error on SFA suspension list.

7 hours ago, Baxter's Nutmeg said:

Interestingly his suspension is dated from 29/10/2017, which was after the Formartine game. Hopefully an error on SFA suspension list.

It has been confirmed as an SFA admin error which was spotted by the Shire before the game and cleared up with the SFA.

Suggest you re read the list as it’s dated 29/10/2016. He served his ban V Fortmartine during 2017 competition and was clear to play yesterday. SFA acknowledged error in writing to Shire a number of weeks ago and again yesterday pre match.

1 hour ago, zoom said:

Suggest you re read the list as it’s dated 29/10/2016. He served his ban V Fortmartine during 2017 competition and was clear to play yesterday. SFA acknowledged error in writing to Shire a number of weeks ago and again yesterday pre match.

Excellent, glad it was cleared up.

Apart from the five minutes after they scored the Shire totally dominated, best Scottish cup performance in a long time. Drew Ramsey’s goal celebration was something else[emoji574]️don’t think he could even believe it, to quote the Huntly fan beside me ‘f**k sake you’d think he’d just won the world cup’ lol

Just catching up with the result yesterday, absolutely fantastic, I was a bit concerned about it given the strength of the HL but sounds like a brilliant performance. Looking forward to the highlights.

Winnable game in the next round as well, we have a decent record against Gala.

Thought you were winning 1-0 at HT from what was on twitter and now see you lost 3-0 to a team that would have been viewed as an easy three points during last year's long spectacular unbeaten run. Relegation struggle a possibility or the players are there for an inexperienced managerial team to turn it around once they figure out how to get the best out of them?