England v Russia

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Justice for the England 11. Fucks sake Clive.

Thought the first half England were excellent but they tired a bit second half. Still should have been well ahead before the equaliser though. Rooney and Dier were great. Sterling is pish though.

Can understand the excitement from English pundits. That's the best they've looked for a decade. Will still top the group.

Thought the first half England were excellent but they tired a bit second half. Still should have been well ahead before the equaliser though. Rooney and Dier were great. Sterling is pish though.

Can understand the excitement from English pundits. That's the best they've looked for a decade. Will still top the group.

Will they play that well every game though or play against a team as poor as that?

The Wales game is effectively an EPL game, so anything could happen really, plus Wales have a player who's on a completely different level to any of their own. I think Wales could beat them and if they do that well and truly puts the pressure on them in the Slovakia game. If it even finishes a draw between Russia and Slovakia it'll be a straight shootout between the 2 of them in the last game.

England's defence is poor but so is Wales'. England will put them under a tonne more pressure than Slovakia did.

Russia looked by far the worst side in the tournament that have played so far. Whether that's because they are atrocious or England made them look bad we'll find out later.

I think England will beat Wales pretty easily. Unless Gareth Bale is ridiculous which hes capable of.

At one point he talked about "England getting their just desserts"  He obviously meant 'just reward' but ,happily, he was proved correct in the end.

edit for typo

I've been saying it wrong all these years. I'm fucked if I'm changing now.

Apologies to whomever I tried to correct.

No, you've probably been saying it correctly. Its pronunciation is the same as 'desserts'. Its spelling isn't, however. #heretohelp

I've been saying it wrong all these years. I'm fucked if I'm changing now.

Apologies to whomever I tried to correct.

Props to you for swallowing your pride and eating humble pie — a just dessert.

I worry the football violence between English and Russian fans might impact on the excellent money laundering ties between the two countries?

Archived