FIFA 17

ajwffc

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I completed The Journey earlier today. I agree with some comments that it's a little underwhelming in parts - the fact it's just one season, the pointlessness in earning money and developing a "fiery reputation" when you can't do anything with them, the one-size-fits-all approach - but it's entertaining enough and I look forward to seeing how EA expand it with DLC or in next year's edition.

The game's pretty weird in parts. I went Southampton (had I realised the game lasted for one season I would have gone a more high-profile side) and did pretty well, I only lost one game. With four games to go the team were sitting in fourth place, 23 points from the top of the table, and then the chairwoman's in the dressing room encouraging the team to push for the title. It didn't make any sense. At the end of the league campaign, Alex Hunter was with his mum and his granda talking about how gutted they were to miss out on the title. Wild.

I took the Scotland job in November, and my first 4 matches in the WC qualifiers have been away. A very minor complaint, but I won't have a chance to play at home until my final two games - kind of immersion breaking.
My group is: Czech Republic, Denmark, Holland, Russia, Wales and us. I know they have a very limited roster of national teams, but I thought they could at least mix up the seeding.

Fun bit in the Journey.  Wee cut scene where old-man-Hunter goes off on one about how important the FA cup is.  Brilliant, I think, I'm about to get my first taste of the "best cup competition in the world, trademark, hashtag".

Nope.  You're still not even on the subs bench as the team goes through to what i can only assume is a heavily scripted finale showdown with that dick you started with.

28 minutes ago, forameus said:

Fun bit in the Journey.  Wee cut scene where old-man-Hunter goes off on one about how important the FA cup is.  Brilliant, I think, I'm about to get my first taste of the "best cup competition in the world, trademark, hashtag".

Nope.  You're still not even on the subs bench as the team goes through to what i can only assume is a heavily scripted finale showdown with that dick you started with.

That annoyed me as well.

Anyway, nearing the end of the season and got the locker room chat from that woman in the suit. Sitting 10th with 5 games to go and she rips into every player for being in the thick end of a relegation battle and that we should all get the finger out. Pity there wasn't a pie booting option.

Got my PS4 and FIFA 17 earlier today. I skipped FIFA 16, so I've gone from winning on World Class in FIFA 15 to losing badly on Professional in FIFA 17. This is going to take a bit to adjust...

They don't really matter, but is it just me or are the aesthetics of the game, the crowd, the commentators, etc actually significantly worse?

Didn't really like it to begin with but I'm used to it now. I generally only really play Online Seasons and I've started with 13 wins, 1 draw and 1 defeat. The loss was one of those games where you just can't score, I went 4-2-4 at 1-1 and paid the price. 

I quite like corners now I'm used to them, the last game was virtually impossible when people brought out the keeper. I think free kicks from wide are too easy now though, I used to take pleasure from curling it onto someone's head whereas now anyone can do it really. And penalties... I've only had one, which was sclaffed along the deck. Keeper went the wrong way but still had time to get up and walk across the goal to pick it up. What are you meant to do?!

I enjoy the 'Be a Pro' thing so hoping that's improved this year too, rather than just watching the CPU switch the ball back and forward.

I only buy one of every two FIFAs - last one I have is '15. This one worth the cash?

Bought every one until now and I've not bothered my arse, thing is if online wasn't such a huge money maker with all the focus on it then I reckon a company like EA could make a fucking excellent offline game, and then transport that over onto online, but they'll not bother their arse as the money's made through UT and the like

3 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Bought every one until now and I've not bothered my arse, thing is if online wasn't such a huge money maker with all the focus on it then I reckon a company like EA could make a fucking excellent offline game, and then transport that over onto online, but they'll not bother their arse as the money's made through UT and the like

Cheers mate. Might not bother!

What is it with the bloody goalkeepers trying to stop every one on one with their feet? Bloody Joe Lewis let in 2 goals by trying to slide tackle the ball away as opposed to actually using his arms to try and block the shot.  Infuriating

Archived