FIFA 17

ajwffc

Never thought of them actually, might give them a try.

Bigger challenge than last season as our striking options are worse than last season. Stronger defence though. I'm trying to ultimately bring Stewart and Hemmings home on my save.

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Never thought of them actually, might give them a try.

English League 2 clubs are always good. I had a great save last year with Notts County which included a European tour after fluking my way to a penalty shootout win in the league cup whilst in League 1.

Can't seem to multi quote on my phone...

I'm seriously considering Dundee. Bain became good on one of my saves last year. El Bakhtaoui should develop well, hopefully.

I usually go AFC Wimbledon in League 2 but I fucked up last year on my game. Half my team signed pre contracts with other clubs and my budget for my 2nd season was horrendous. My own fault really but I might try with another League 2 club since Wimbledon have been promoted.

Can't seem to multi quote on my phone...

I'm seriously considering Dundee. Bain became good on one of my saves last year. El Bakhtaoui should develop well, hopefully.

I usually go AFC Wimbledon in League 2 but I fucked up last year on my game. Half my team signed pre contracts with other clubs and my budget for my 2nd season was horrendous. My own fault really but I might try with another League 2 club since Wimbledon have been promoted.

Wouldn't hold out for El Bak; Teisjje, who was playing Amateur football last season is rated 63, while El Bak is rated 54/55. Makes no sense.

Going a team in the Scottish Premiership is pish after a season, in my opinion. The fact that there's no promotion/relegation is dull as anything, and the Scottish Cup isn't that great either for the same reason - you go into the quarter final, and there are (obviously) no lower league teams.

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

Going a team in the Scottish Premiership is pish after a season, in my opinion. The fact that there's no promotion/relegation is dull as anything, and the Scottish Cup isn't that great either for the same reason - you go into the quarter final, and there are (obviously) no lower league teams.

I swap out the 12 Scottish teams for 12 teams in English league 2, keeps your interest for a couple more seasons at least.

2 hours ago, accies1874 said:

I always start my career mode (as a player not a manager) in Scotland and then head somewhere else once the season is up.  3 years ago I ended up at Marseille, 2 years ago it was Everton and last year was Villareal.  Wouldn't mind a German or Italian side now!

Further observations after a week of playing...

There are more players moving off the ball in this game. Seems like everyone is constantly looking for a through ball.

The penalties are still a total shitemare. Corners are also challenging in terms of getting to grips with them.

Passing feels a little underpowered, and the drilled passes are much more difficult to control.

The shielding element of the physical side of things is a welcome addition.

Pace is more important than last year but still not at the FIFA 15 levels of ridiculousness. The tiredness of players has more of an effect than 16 and if you bring on some pace subs you have a lot of success.

I've been getting more actual injuries. Seems like every other UT game it gets stopped for a game ending injury.

The Journey is entertaining. Disappointed it is only a year but it is pretty engaging (if full of small glitches). They could have mixed it up even more though. Having generic dressing room images and one tunnel for example (surely they could have had a bit of variety here and there?). 

A little thing that annoys me is that you only have a home and away kit in UT. I know you can store more and change them as you go but on match screens why can't you have a third kit? The number of people that have two horrific kits, it would be nice to have three different ones to choose from. Also, and I know this would affect licensing etc but the inability to change the colour of shorts and socks can be annoying sometimes (depending on the opposition kit).

2 hours ago, mizfit said:

I get the impression that they rushed the journey as a late add on.

I think it's more a case of them testing the water. Fifa has some very good online modes but the offline career can become very boring, with the journey it could be them trying to keep offline players happy. I've no doubt we'll see DLC content for it or a much more in depth version in Fifa 18.

4 hours ago, SweeperDee said:

4 very different games with BustaNut there. Gave me a lot of scares, absolutely quality though. Could tell by the 3rd game we were sussing each other out. Undefeated though. ;)

Was very frustrating for me, nothing seemed to right. good games though!

Archived